Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Mamba Mentality
26,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I applaud Orton for his performances tonight. He was solid in every segment he was involved in tonight especially the two WWE Title matches where he sold his knee injury flawlessly. I’d say it was probably the 3rd or 4th best selling all year (after Taker at WM and Taker again on SD 9/10 with Punk).

And he looked like he was having a psychotic episode when he lost the title, lol!

·
Banned
7,973 Posts
um....no

Has wrestling really fallen so far that we are now creating threads about somebody selling a knee injury? He did a decent job but that kind of stuff should be standard for every wrestler at this level.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
I agree he look like a psycho heel while that purely made Miz look like a Face if you judged it with the sound on mute - you see genuine emotion and happiness for Miz and rage in Orton

·
Registered
859 Posts
Very awesommeeee of orton tonight. I like how the cash in wasnt just a finisher on a vulnerablechampion...if was a match with a conscience opponent and the finisher was at least after a few minutes!

·
Registered
296 Posts
um....no

Has wrestling really fallen so far that we are now creating threads about somebody selling a knee injury? He did a decent job but that kind of stuff should be standard for every wrestler at this level.
Uh oh, watch out for heel smarks!

·
The User Without Fear
2,811 Posts
um....no

Psychology. The thing that separates the greats from the nobodies.

Get used to it because we won't be seeing any more of it as long as Miz is champion.

·
Registered
191 Posts
um....no

theproof your a moron. selling makes the difference between that whole thing being what it was a complete disaster. i like that this what pointed out for being good because it was. his selling was great and its the basic fundamental things in wrestling that make that whole main event what it was.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Orton's speech on Cena was dumb, Orton hugging Cena was dumber the rest was mildly ok WWE needed a change and I'm sure Miz won't have the title for long but it was necessary to do something like that.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Yeah, top notch selling from Orton. He made his injury look almost legitimate and managed to sell even when he was on offence, which doesn't look like an easy task. His facial expressions were back to their best as well, which was partly why he was so great last year.

The report about Orton being pissed at Miz can clearly be refuted now. He put him over big time.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Agreed. He looked way better tonite even before losing. Proof positive he is a chaser, not a holder.

·
Registered
549 Posts
As much as Orton's overall in ring performance can be mediocre, he is the best in the world right now at the subtle things that separate the good wrestlers from the great ones.

·
Registered
859 Posts
As much as Orton's overall in ring performance can be mediocre, he is the best in the world right now at the subtle things that separate the good wrestlers from the great ones.
Agreed

Also, Ortons face when Miz's music hit ..(can someone make a gif for me?) I will get goosebumps/markout/nostalgia trip when I re-watch it in a few years like I do whenI watch austin, Rock stuff.
Firs time that's happened since I started watching WWE again

·
Lily, Rosemary, and the Jack of Hearts
5,594 Posts
Psychology. The thing that separates the greats from the nobodies.

Get used to it because we won't be seeing any more of it as long as Miz is champion.
Why would anyone have to get used to something that they will not see any more of?

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,156 Posts
Agreed. He looked way better tonite even before losing. Proof positive he is a chaser, not a holder.
I just think this dynamic suits him sooo much more. A vengeful, furious, enraged Orton chasing egomaniacal loudmouth The Miz is much more entertaining at first glance than Orton being the one chased. Ironically, Orton benefits from this as much as anybody, I'd say. His momentum was dealt a crippling blow when he won the WWE Championship at Night of Champions. Perhaps now it can be reignited.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Oh dear...:no:

How low can wrestling standards be nowaday when a wrestler gets applauded and jizz all over just for the mere fact of selling an injury. fpalm

That´s the least of what a wrestler's supposed to do.

But given the fact that the E had a Reality TV celebrity for a Heavyweight Champion, I don't expect much from the Dubya Dubya E Universe standards.

·
Registered
6,492 Posts
Yes, Orton was really good on RAW again. I disagree with most people who don't like him right now, I'm still an Orton fan.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
To all those going "It's great psychology, you just don't understand";

Nobody's saying Orton wasn't selling well. The issue is that some idiot's made an entire fucking thread about it. Sucking of Orton every time he shows a good grasp of THE ABSOLUTE FUCKING BASICS OF WRESTLING is not a good reason to create a thread.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Oh dear...:no:

How low can wrestling standards be nowaday when a wrestler gets applauded and jizz all over just for the mere fact of selling an injury. fpalm

That´s the least of what a wrestler's supposed to do.

But given the fact that the E had a Reality TV celebrity for a Heavyweight Champion, I don't expect much from the Dubya Dubya E Universe standards.
Oh I see what you did there, clever. Take something the person used to do and use it to make them look uncredible. So, when Cena was champ were you running around saying "DUBYA DUBYA E HAS A TOILET CLEANER AS CHAMP!!2112`1¬¬lolzolo2l1¬!"?

I think not :rolleyes:.

The bottom line is the guy has worked his ass off to improve since the word go, if you can't see that and accept that then you're the one missing out.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts