Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,536 Posts
Big Show got quite a bit of attention for his Netflix show. I imagine part of the deal there is to promote him somewhat. It won't be a great match or anything, but Orton has been entertaining as hell lately and Show is there to be sympathetic for a man that size and get kicked in the head. It's pedestrian stuff, but it's stuff. Orton ramping the Legend Killer thing is fine, but it feels like he's the biggest deal on the show, not Drew.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Are people going to pretend that Big Show isn't a biggest star than pretty much the whole full time roster with maybe a couple exceptions?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Randy Orton vs Big Show... those are 2 words I was relieved in thinking I'd never have to hear used in the same sentence again.

Legend or no legend, whole crowds have had to suffer through Big Show's career back when the young bucks of today's roster were still in middle school. Aside from promoting his stupid, glorified nostalgia pop of a Netflix show, there's very little potential good to be had with this matchup.

The pacing will be shit given Big Show's age (among other concerns). The match's violence will likely be restricted given the show's rating, which in turn adds to the match's tedium, and finally the story is about as passe as any sympathy storyline we've seen come and go over the years.

Obviously this match exists just to give Orton another legend to mount on his wall. I give zero fucks about Show laying down for someone who's actually been entertaining for a while now. My gripe with it is Orton doesn't have much to gain from putting away a guy, whom even 10 years younger wasn't quite lighting the world on fire with his in-ring work. What exactly would going over a 40 something, washed up, vanilla turd monster like Show accomplish? That Orton can beat someone years past their prime in a shitty, throwaway match on PPV?

All in all, so long as the right man goes over, this match can otherwise bite it tbh.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hehe its funny to think that The Big Show has as much chance of winning as Dusty Rhodes did against Randy Orton at The Great American Bash 2007. Big Show had no credibility going against almost anyone now.

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Doesn’t bother me since Big Show’s a legend and Orton needs another legend to kill in order to maintain his “Legend Killer” persona. This seems like the most logical and beneficial feud that can happen for him at the moment. Sure, they might not have one of the best matches this year but they’ll have a simple yet effective one. Orton giving a Punt Kick to Big Show would be a good way to build-up the former and write-off the latter. Plus, it’s not like their match will main event Extreme Rules over Strowman vs. Wyatt in a Wyatt Swamp Fight since it’s a cinematic match and we’re in the WWE Cinematic Universe. Orton’s most likely going to face McIntyre for the WWE Title at SummerSlam, which would be one year after he fought Kingston for that title at that event. If that’s the case, him taking out The World’s Largest Athlete the same way he took out Edge and Christian would further solidify him as a threat to the championship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts