Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This match could be a marquee WrestleMania match for the WWE Championship. If Randy Orton is involved in the title picture for a year everyone will boo him and everybody loves A.J Styles. Turn Orton heel after SummerSlam to keep his run fresh. A.J. Styles can hold the U.S. title and defend it against people until January where he will win the Royal Rumble.

Randy Orton can defeat Jinder Mahal, feud with Rusev, then Kevin Owens, maybe drop it to Owens for a bit then win it back, then turn heel and wrestle Nakamura and Sami Zayn for a few months. Idk. I really think they need to keep them separate. A heel Randy Orton which is the best Randy Orton, especially after smarks are pissed at him being champion for the majority of the year, and white hot A.J. Styles fresh off a Royal Rumble win will be a great feud that people will be excited to see, and get people actually amped for WrestleMania which has been lacking in recent years. It's a legit WWE championship match. This is what needs to happen.

·
Going fckin' Over.. while Digging Holes-uhh and Bu
2,610 Posts
When it comes to Mania, Randy always ends up Blandy.

The worst Mania match of The Haitch's career came against him.

And after this year's match against Wyatt, it's safe to say that Randy isn't getting a title match at Mania ever again-uhh.

:tripsscust

AJ deserves better.

This year he was stuck in a curtain-jerker with a peepee-jerker like estranged son Shane.

Next year AJ should get someone iconic.

Next year it should be AJ Styles vs The Haitch (c) for the title.

:trips2

·
Registered
92 Posts
Orton should never be in a WM world title match again after this years catastrophe, even if it is against AJ.

I'll take AJ vs Nak thank you very much.
Don't get how Orton's the one that takes the blame, even when Bray was in that match too. I have never see a good Bray Wyatt single's match, the Daniel Bryan match he was carried by Daniel Bryan. The Roman Reigns hell in a cell was a spotfest. So what I am saying is that Bray doesn't have good matches either, one shouldn't take the blame. Yeah the mania match sucked, but there were 2 people involved.

·
Actively avoiding Testicular Torsion
4,025 Posts
AJ deserves a better opponent at WM, for example: Nakamura or Kevin Owens.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
They could have pulled this match when AJ Styles was a heel, but as a face, I don't know. AJ and Orton don't have the characters to pull off a Warrior/Hogan face vs face match.

OP suggests that Orton should turn heel, yet I'm not sure that fans will boo Orton anymore. Plus, in a Smackdown roster replete with heels, Orton is one of the most over faces they have. They need him as a babyface.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A.J. vs. Nakamura for the WWE title isn't happening at WrestleMania. This is WWE. If that match happens is mid card. And just FYI if AJ/Orton happens at SummerSlam get ready because WrestleMania will probably end up being Cena/Orton. I can see it now already and nobody wants that.

Why does Randy Orton get blamed for the shitty WrestleMania match. Last time I checked it was centered around shitty Bray Wyatt special effects. And Randy Orton has plenty of good-great matches throughout his career while Bray Wyatt is the one who is always centered around supernatural bullshit and his matches/stories suck.

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
I'd rather see Styles take on Rollins,Nakamura heck even omega at mania. Hopefully Styles is in the mainevent next year after being screwed over this year.

·
TEAM KICK!
9,429 Posts
If the match does happen at Mania, then the title absolutely needs to change a couple of times before then, i'm not sure i could cope with Orton holding all the way to Mania. If Styles regains the belt and goes into a Mania match with a heel Orton, then i'm all for it. I think Summerslam would be a better place for it personally though.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Don't get how Orton's the one that takes the blame, even when Bray was in that match too. I have never see a good Bray Wyatt single's match, the Daniel Bryan match he was carried by Daniel Bryan. The Roman Reigns hell in a cell was a spotfest. So what I am saying is that Bray doesn't have good matches either, one shouldn't take the blame. Yeah the mania match sucked, but there were 2 people involved.
Most of Orton's matches are boring as fuck, this one was no different.

He usually only puts on decent matches when he's with an opponent far better than him, (AJ, Seth, Bryan) or in No DQ matches.

AJ deserves better than "decent" at wrestlemania, especially considering he's already had 2 mediocre workers at the last 2 manias.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
They should have done it this year, but they didn't, so get lost. Missed opportunity. Have the match happen in Wrestlemania and move on. Give us Nakamura and AJ in Mania instead.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You guys don't realize that AJ/Nakamura is a pipedream unless you want it to be a midcard match. Nakamura doesn't even speak english he's never going to win the WWE Championship.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
I would take AJ vs Orton for the title at Wrestlemania.

But AJ going another whole year without the title doesnt sound good at all.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Unfortnunetly AJ will never main event a Wrestlemania, the rumour regarding Cena vs Nak as the SD main event looks more likely even though Nak vs AJ would be miles better. The apparent reason being that the latter isn't a big draw and yet in WWE's mind the god awful match with Orton and Wyatt was. WWE just dont like giving fans what they want, let alone giving superstars what they deserve. AJ could and might face Randy at wrestlemania but it won't be for the title and wont have a good position on the card. The worse thing for me though is that AJ doesnt have as much time left as some of the younger superstars and instead of taking advantage of him whilst he is still there they choose waste his last few years before retirement. He's one of if not the most over guy on the roster and instead of promoting him and taking advantage to create a huge star, they demote him when the big events come by.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Unfortnunetly AJ will never main event a Wrestlemania, the rumour regarding Cena vs Nak as the SD main event looks more likely even though Nak vs AJ would be miles better. The apparent reason being that the latter isn't a big draw and yet in WWE's mind the god awful match with Orton and Wyatt was. WWE just dont like giving fans what they want, let alone giving superstars what they deserve. AJ could and might face Randy at wrestlemania but it won't be for the title and wont have a good position on the card. The worse thing for me though is that AJ doesnt have as much time left as some of the younger superstars and instead of taking advantage of him whilst he is still there they choose waste his last few years before retirement. He's one of if not the most over guy on the roster and instead of promoting him and taking advantage to create a huge star, they demote him when the big events come by.
If it was only about full timers, AJ could easily main event Wrestlemania. He is one of the most over guys on the roster.

But its not about that. Its about Brock, The Rock, Undertaker, HHH, etc. Part timers will always take that spot. The only full time guy that will be allowed to get into that position is Roman Reigns.

He can easily be in the WWE title match though. Only people I can see in that spot above him is Cena, and thats it. Orton has already had his chance, Nakamura is completely unproven at the top of the card, Jericho is strictly midcard these days, etc.

·
Registered
11,169 Posts
I rather AJ face Orton at SummerSlam and be done with that B-Player.

AJ needs to finally face another A-player--like himself--at WrestleMania.

Maybe Batista?

Background: Batista comes back saying he's tired of hearing AJ talk about SD like he built it. Bats says he's the one who put SD on the map. Etc. etc..

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I rather AJ face Orton at SummerSlam and be done with that B-Player.

AJ needs to finally face another A-player--like himself--at WrestleMania.

Maybe Batista?

Background: Batista comes back saying he's tired of hearing AJ talk about SD like he built it. Bats says he's the one who put SD on the map. Etc. etc..
I'd be okay with that even though I complain about part timers all the time. Batista is different. Batista doesn't have a problem putting over the current roster, and when he comes back he actually comes back like Chris Jericho. He is on RAW/SmackDown each week, he does the live events. He even said he'd come back and do just live events if they let him. Batista coming back is always welcome in my book.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts