Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night in Randy Orton's match with Alex Riley we saw him use 3 new moves: An Angle Slam, an Inverted Atomic Drop and a Powerbomb through the table, we also saw him attempt a running Power Slam. Just thought it was quite surprising to see Orton, who after becoming a big face has fallen into the 5 moves of doom way of wrestling, to pull out these 3/4 new moves in one match.

Do you think these are movesa he'll start using on a regular basis? I hope so, I especially liked his countered irish whip into the Angle Slam.

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
I haven't watched RAW yet but I don't think Randy is anywhere near as bad in the ring as a lot of people seem to think, it's just that the role he plays requires an extremely slow pace to pull off, I'm certainly interested to see these new moves.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Ortons move set isnt the worst in the WWE.Not by a long shot!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I loved seeing the new moves out of Orton. Hopefully he keeps it up and adds even more to his arsenal. It would allow his matches to become less formulaic. He's clearly a great wrestler, but he sometimes holds back a bit too much. So I hope what we saw last night continues, I also loved the sarcastic side that he showed to The Miz and Alex Riley. It's good to see him show an increasing amount of personality. That coupled with some new moves will make him even more popular with the fans as a face. As it is right now, he already gets a great pop, despite how much bitching and moaning there is from the IWC.

·
Banned
4,730 Posts
The new moves certainly took me by surprise. I think the powerbomb was a one off, just for a way to put Riley through the table, but the others could be here to stay. I think he's finally realised he might have to add a few more moves to his arsenal to make him more complete as a face. His current moveset, while good, is mostly based on his heel persona.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Glad to see Randy use a couple more moves than his usual last night. He's capable of it, so I don't get why he previously narrowed his moveset down so much.

He needs to use that beautiful dropkick of his a lot more often now too.

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Glad to see Randy use a couple more moves than his usual last night. He's capable of it, so I don't get why he previously narrowed his moveset down so much.

Couldn't agree more. I miss that beautiful dropkick :sad:

·
Registered
113 Posts
ALL of the wrestlers should expand their repertoire. So yeah, I was excited to see Orton do some different shit. I'm so sick of eveyone's five moves of doom. Every Raw match is deja vu of the last.

·
The Winds of Change
5,627 Posts

Amen. I'm not gunna lie, I marked for that powerbomb on Riley last night.

·
Banned
18,555 Posts
1.) Resthold
2.) Powerslam
3.) Limb Stomps
4.) Weird looking backbreaker
5.) Flip Dropkick
6.) Punt
7.) RKO

What else?

- Vic

·
Registered
11,840 Posts
wait to see if he uses them again before we say hes added them his move set

remember that time batista used a ankle lock?

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Finally, but he's still walking boredom in ring.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I dont see the big deal about having a massively varied moveset, after all Austin at his peak tended to rely on stomp-stomp-lou thesz press-stunner

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Last night in Randy Orton's match with Alex Riley we saw him use 3 new moves: An Angle Slam, an Inverted Atomic Drop and a Powerbomb through the table, we also saw him attempt a running Power Slam. Just thought it was quite surprising to see Orton, who after becoming a big face has fallen into the 5 moves of doom way of wrestling, to pull out these 3/4 new moves in one match.

Do you think these are movesa he'll start using on a regular basis? I hope so, I especially liked his countered irish whip into the Angle Slam.
What are you DOING? Like, tell me I'm not the only one who sees the OP asking for a refreshed 5MOD set. Which, in and of itself is not so bad now that I think about it. Instead of just keeping 5MOD, wrestlers would do well to evolve their doomset. Though, that would take a LOT of work.

·
Registered
84 Posts
The new moves certainly took me by surprise. I think the powerbomb was a one off, just for a way to put Riley through the table, but the others could be here to stay. I think he's finally realised he might have to add a few more moves to his arsenal to make him more complete as a face. His current moveset, while good, is mostly based on his heel persona.
Yep. I think it will definitely make his character more entertaining if he adds more moves to his arsenal as long as he can still keep his excellent match psychology.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts