Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else think the same as me on Randy?
I feel as if the WWE are using him incorrectly. When he beat Wade Barrett when Cena was the referee, you could argue he only won because Cena turned on Barrett. Barrett had Orton where he wanted him to win the match.
Then the follownig night, again Barrett was about to beat Orton (I know he had just suffered the attack but even so ...). But Cena made the save. So again Orton is only the champ cos of Cena.
THen The Miz cashes in, and all it takes is the Bone Crushing Finale or whatever its called to finish him off ?
I remember champs in the past like THe Rock, Shawn Michaels kicking out of Stone Cold Stunners, Tombstones, Pedigrees ..... Yet all it takes to finish Orton off was this move.
I just think it's making Orton look like a bit of a pu$$y to be honest. What do you all think?

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Well he has pinned Cena cleany, when he was a heel (Hell in a Cell), so they're inconsistent with him. Kicking out of peoples finishers either makes the finishers look weak, or if they don't kick out it makes the talent look soft, so there's no real right or wrong, good or bad when it comes to kicking out of finishers.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Any time Orton comes out as a face then I will say that he is being used incorrectly.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I think its good because it shows that he can lose a match and not win every single time hint hint John Cena but yeah and lets not forget that he still does heelish things so if someone helps him win theres nothing wrong with that. He's the only face that can pull that off in my opinion.

·
Registered
342 Posts
It wasn't anything to special, I like how things have been going with WWE right now
and Miz is alright of a Champ and Orton's previous title reighn wasn't anything special
all it did was get it out of the Nexus angle and they didn't need the World Title being
involved in the Cena&Barrett feud and now that's over and things still look good right now.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think Randy is the best in the WWE. He's not stupidly pumped on steroids! He's just cool! I think he's a great character. The best champ there's been in a long while anyway.
I think using him as a heel was stupid. They've got his character spot on at the moment. Hes not too face, just right.
I think they should toughen him up a bit more though, cos like I said earlier, he's beating weak opponents like Barrett just because Cena is getting involved.
And when he lost to The Miz, he hardly put a fight up at all!
I do like The Miz too and am glad to see him as Champ, just think Orton is being used incorrectly.
I think Orton vs Taker at Mania would be good.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
I am not going to bash anyone but for anyone to say that WWE are using Randy Orton incorrectly need to look at all of 2010 and then ask again if they believe Randy Orton is being used wrong or booked weak because last year he was booked stronger than anyone and over John Cena as the kayfabe main man on Raw. From in between Extreme Rules and Survivor Series we saw WWE book Randy Orton like a god and harder than ever before because of how over he became in between WrestleMania and SummerSlam but as always with him Randy Orton lost his momentum.

We saw WWE give Randy Orton clean win's over everyone he worked with last year from Extreme Rules onwards and he was the main focus of Raw when he was feuding with Sheamus but because he lost his momentum and couldn't sustain his push WWE began pushing Cena/Nexus as the main feud on Raw because that was the feud that was working the best. Some people will say that it was because of Cena/Nexus that Randy Orton lost his momentum but up until the Hell in a Cell PPV Orton/Sheamus was the top feud on Raw and even after Orton/Sheamus had finished it wasn't so much Cena/Nexus as the top feud but a combination of John Cena, Randy Orton, Wade Barrett and The Nexus.

Even going into the first PPV of this year instead of us seeing John Morrison and The Miz at The Royal Rumble for the WWE title we had John Morrison use his WWE title shot at the first Raw of the year and the PPV title shot given to Randy Orton which means he has now been in the WWE title match for something like 11 out of the last 14 PPV's. The only thing wrong with Randy Orton is his inability to stay as over as he was in the middle of last year for any longer than around six months before he run's out of momentum, last year i really believed that Randy Orton was about to become that true alternative to John Cena as the top guy in WWE especially after he went over John Cena on Raw but it was another false dawn and any inconsistencies with Randy Orton are down to him rather than his booking in my opinion.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I am not going to bash anyone but for anyone to say that WWE are using Randy Orton incorrectly need to look at all of 2010 and then ask again if they believe Randy Orton is being used wrong or booked weak because last year he was booked stronger than anyone and over John Cena as the kayfabe main man on Raw. From in between Extreme Rules and Survivor Series we saw WWE book Randy Orton like a god and harder than ever before because of how over he became in between WrestleMania and SummerSlam but as always with him Randy Orton lost his momentum.

We saw WWE give Randy Orton clean win's over everyone he worked with last year from Extreme Rules onwards and he was the main focus of Raw when he was feuding with Sheamus but because he lost his momentum and couldn't sustain his push WWE began pushing Cena/Nexus as the main feud on Raw because that was the feud that was working the best. Some people will say that it was because of Cena/Nexus that Randy Orton lost his momentum but up until the Hell in a Cell PPV Orton/Sheamus was the top feud on Raw and even after Orton/Sheamus had finished it wasn't so much Cena/Nexus as the top feud but a combination of John Cena, Randy Orton, Wade Barrett and The Nexus.

Even going into the first PPV of this year instead of us seeing John Morrison and The Miz at The Royal Rumble for the WWE title we had John Morrison use his WWE title shot at the first Raw of the year and the PPV title shot given to Randy Orton which means he has now been in the WWE title match for something like 11 out of the last 14 PPV's. The only thing wrong with Randy Orton is his inability to stay as over as he was in the middle of last year for any longer than around six months before he run's out of momentum, last year i really believed that Randy Orton was about to become that true alternative to John Cena as the top guy in WWE especially after he went over John Cena on Raw but it was another false dawn and any inconsistencies with Randy Orton are down to him rather than his booking in my opinion.
I Agree and a Nice read.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts