Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love Royal Rumble's and as I'm preparing to look at a few I'm looking at Rumble history on wikipedia and Randy Orton looks on track to be an all time leader in Rumble history. I'm not sure how many of you view the Rumble, but to me the Final Four is always a big thing to me. Aside from last year where Santino was a joke, but overall Orton is at 5, tied with Kane, Austin and HBK.

I think Orton is going to eventually run away with this, because of his age and spot in the company. He has many years left and isn't the number one guy, so he'll probably be in Rumble matches every January and he's always a front runner to win. Guy's like Cena (who's at 3) will probably be in title matches or have storyline bigger than the Rumble.

I can see him easily getting 3 more final four spots. So my question is, how many do you think he'll end up with, do you see that record ever being broken (he'll easily be at 6 next year, being the only one with that number), and who do you see on the roster that in the future could be a guy always in the final four (I'm saying Sheamus)

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Just means he's lost 5 Rumbles. Don't see how that's such a big deal myself.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Being the last one eliminated in the rumble usually means you go to a World title match at WM anyway. See Chris Jericho 2012, John Cena 2010, Triple H 2009(against the same fucking guy, who won the rumble, and guess what, HHH won the title), Triple H again 2008, Shawn Michaels 2007, Randy Orton 2006 and John Cena 2005.
So yeah, for the guys who don't care for anyone but the winner, second place is just as important. And everyone loves the rumble anyway, if you do good in it, people will remember you.
Back on topic then, interesting one, I have to say, Orton will probably be in the Final Four 3-5 times and I actually expect him to win one more. So when it's all said and done, Orton will be pretty high on that list. I doubt WWE will ever have someone win three Rumbles like they had Austin do in the past. It's just a different era.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Being the last one eliminated in the rumble usually means you go to a World title match at WM anyway. See Chris Jericho 2012, John Cena 2010, Triple H 2009(against the same fucking guy, who won the rumble, and guess what, HHH won the title), Triple H again 2008, Shawn Michaels 2007, Randy Orton 2006 and John Cena 2005.
So yeah, for the guys who don't care for anyone but the winner, second place is just as important. And everyone loves the rumble anyway, if you do good in it, people will remember you.
Back on topic then, interesting one, I have to say, Orton will probably be in the Final Four 3-5 times and I actually expect him to win one more. So when it's all said and done, Orton will be pretty high on that list. I doubt WWE will ever have someone win three Rumbles like they had Austin do in the past. It's just a different era.
Mason Ryan will break that record, don't worry.

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
valid point. I think being in the final four is important, it does matter as in they are more favorable to win it (kayfabe wise) if they always seem to find themselves one of the last superstars in the Rumble.

Reactions: 11Shareef

·
Registered
485 Posts
Mason Ryan will break that record, don't worry.
His booking needs to improve vastly and quickly in order for that to happen. Good to see you have hope, though!
Mason Ryan is winning over the IWC step by step.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.