Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
How is it that guys like HHH, HBK haven't teach these NxT dorks how psychology works? Is it because these dorks refused to listened from the all time greats and prefer to do their own way?

·
KO
5,430 Posts
When Randy Orton has a match that's longer than fifteen minutes and can hold my attention, he might have a point. Until then, he can continue to wrestle his methodical, technically sound matches that I'll continue to not give a fuck about.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
He's right. False finishes are as common as super kicks now and its destroyed their credibility. The HBK Undertaker matches had fantastic false finishes that were shocking because they werent done week in week out, but not now, not anymore. And the fight forever chant is stupid and cringey as hell.
There’s a perfect counter to this. Have Randy face Tomasso in NXT and flatten him in the opening ten seconds with an RKO. Then when he goes for the pin, he pulls the unconscious Tomasso up and chants loudly, “fight forever”. Then he RKOs him again, then repeats the process. And does it again, and again, until the referee finally calls off the match. Then a snickering Orton walks to the back, still chanting “fight forever”

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
this is why I like Orton, he's never afraid to speak his mind even if it's not a popular opinion.

I personally don't like this super high paced, high spots, way of wrestling as much as the classic storytelling. It's become more and more accepted that if you don't work this high paced style you aren't "talented". People begin to expect it from all wrestlers. That's why you see less and less big guys and the focus is being put more on cruiserweight and guys who work that style.

·
Southern Pride
3,502 Posts
It's like he is talking directly to Gargano and Cole. I remember when their matches had a hundred false finishes. I remember that didn't get positive reviews on here.

Speaking of chants...as much as I respect Adam Cole, "BAYBAY" needs to end once the smart crowd comes back. A heel giving the fans what they want makes no sense. He hasn't been a true villainous heel in a long time.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I am still waiting for this guy to become The Indy Killer, and start burying these geeks left and right.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Geeks destroy themselves with their unnecessary spots, destroying their bodies so the NXT "crowds" can do their chants and feel edgy.

Ciampa and Gargano can waste the rest of their careers on NXT, with their wrestling style and lack of presence they are destined to fail on the main roster anyway, like the other NXT failures they come to the main roster with a worn body,

King for a Day... Fool for a Lifetime.

·
Registered
9,797 Posts
How is it that guys like HHH, HBK haven't teach these NxT dorks how psychology works? Is it because these dorks refused to listened from the all time greats and prefer to do their own way?
Triple H doesn't really take wrestling classes. Shawn Michaels is one of the best workers of all-time, but sometimes you just know something in your bones and can't teach it.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts