Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
It seems like this has become the new modern day go to for heels in wwe to get that heat, diss smart fans and wrestlers that are perceived as smart fan favourites using social media.

·
Registered
168 Posts
He's right. False finishes are as common as super kicks now and its destroyed their credibility. The HBK Undertaker matches had fantastic false finishes that were shocking because they werent done week in week out, but not now, not anymore. And the fight forever chant is stupid and cringey as hell.

·
Waiting for Kawato
957 Posts
It's okay to be antiquated, Randy. Just wear it.

Also, didn't the greatest wrestling match ever in the history of the universe have signature move spamming false finishes? :unsure: Stupid chants are stupid chants, you can't control what the crowd is going to say, but whipping them into a frenzy is in fact... the job.

·
Premium Member
12,029 Posts
He's absolutely right. The only thing I would say is I don't know whether its the wrestlers or the marks NXT who want to be more over than the product they're watching.

·
Registered
398 Posts
They have been for the past half a decade now, you're a little late to the dance pal.
Btw, it's not just NXT fans, it's wrestling fans as a whole nowadays.
He should know first hand.

Inviato dal mio ASUS_X00PD utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
While I can enjoy spotfests I can't say I completely disagree with Orton here, a little selling can go a long way and matches should be built more towards trying to hit your finisher instead of hitting it 1000 times and it doesn't work. You can still have a fast paced match and still do these things. (Hell that's why the Okada/Omega matches are held in such high regard, they're high energy but there's still a lot of in ring psychology and building towards the finishers)

·
Registered
9,846 Posts
Orton is absolutely right, and to be honest, I'm starting to come around on the idea of Randy Orton going to NXT as its top heel. There's no way to make Orton fresh on Raw and SmackDown. In NXT he'd be an absolute beast. Triple H can let him cut his own promos, and he doesn't need to break kayfabe. He can talk about experience, skill and wrestling smarter.

There needs to be more cycling between the shows. Ricochet is done on Raw. Cedric Alexander is done on Raw. The War Raiders would be better on NXT. Move Lucha House Party, with a better name and let them feud with El Legado del Fantasma. You can pay everyone the same amount of money.

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,528 Posts
Randy Orton is showing that he has more psychology in the ring then most of males on NXT. If you kick out of a lot of finishers and signatures then what is the point of them?

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
What about if combine selling, bumping, psychology, body speech, and after all, not allow blatant wrestlers and non-wrestlers going into business for themselves?

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
Randy's been a brick wall for the majority of his career, personality wise. People who live in glass houses....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts