Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Randy Orton has been on fire in recent months the is to his feud with edge that started at the rumble and him turning into a unhinged heel character once again something he's portrayed so well before I think him being the next WWE champion would be the right move.

Drew has looked great but I feel like he hasn't got the proper live fan response as champion he hasn't got the run he's deserved so him dropping it to orton at Summerslam which is being rumoured would be fine. Also I'm not a fan of baby face champions having long reigns because it's better when they have a couple of months drop the title and Then start the chase again it keeps the characters fresh in my opinion

Maybe Drew getting it back later in the year or early next year when fans can return then he get the big moment in front of a crowd and a more credible run. But Orton right now has been the most entertaining thing about these empty arena shows so why not ride with that momentum going deeper into the year with out a crowd.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I would be happy with either Drew or Randy as champ. Randy winning the title , having a few months reign and then dropping it back to Drew around RR sounds good to me. Then drew can have a real live audience feud and defend the title at mania , preferably vs someone interesting like Edge , maybe returning Roman or someone completely new if someone gets hot by that time

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would be happy with either Drew or Randy as champ. Randy winning the title , having a few months reign and then dropping it back to Drew around RR sounds good to me. Then drew can have a real live audience feud and defend the title at mania , preferably vs someone interesting like Edge , maybe returning Roman or someone completely new if someone gets hot by that time
Yeah Orton is a guy who can heat up anytime and you can put the title on him for a baby face to chase him for a few months and when Orton is on fire like he is right now it can be very entertaining and wwe need that right now. Because drew being champ infront of nobody and just having one month half hearted fueds with Seth lashley and now Ziggler who we known ain't gonna take the belt of him there just not interesting especially with the lack of crowd. But Orton even with the no crowd is showing his stuff interesting so Orton taking the belt and having someone chase him for a while is the best way

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nah Orton doesn't need a 15th title win right now.
Why not. He's the most entertaining thing on the shows right now and it woudnt hurt drew because it's Randy Orton and he's on fire so drew can come again we know now drew can be main event so he can always be brought back into it. But his run right now is not interesting with the one month badly built up feuds with no energy from there not being a crowd. At least without a crowd Orton being the unhinged heel with the title can be interesting for the time being

·
Baby Yoda
30,137 Posts
You have to run with what's hot.

They've hurt Drew with these geek feuds and he does not feel important and at a time they're losing viewers like crazy you got to go all in with what's hot rather than kill the only thing you have going for you.

Orton has to beat Drew or The Fiend, either will do. Hold that title till WM.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Exactly. Drew can be slotted in anytime as main event but as of right now it's not the time to be building a guy when there's no crowd and a very low interest in the product. Orton is hot again he's established people know who he is so when there just flicking through the channels on a Monday and see him with the belt being the strong heel he is right now they might be more incline to check it out. Instead of drew and ziggler cutting average promos on each other with zero heat. Nothing against drew he can be something but the way the company is right now and with everything going on its not his time to run with the ball going through the rest of the summer and into late 2020

·
The Babyface of WF
14,188 Posts
Orton should indeed go over at SummerSlam just going off his momentum alone not counting his terrific storytelling development right now, Drew is a strongly booked Babyface who doesn't just feel like another unrealistic Superman he's actually believable as a dominant hoss, Orton is the only guy on Raw who could threaten Drew.

·
Baby Yoda
30,137 Posts
Orton should indeed go over at SummerSlam just going off his momentum alone not counting his terrific storytelling development right now, Drew is a strongly booked Babyface who doesn't just feel like another unrealistic Superman he's actually believable as a dominant hoss, Orton is the only guy on Raw who could threaten Drew.
Another problem is there is no one after Orton for Drew after their feud. If he beats him who can take the title off him? There are no big heels and the roster is super thin heel side.

With Orton you open up so much in terms of story, you could bring someone like Christian or Hogan back and have Orton punt him and take another legend.

·
Registered
11,868 Posts
I'm open to it. Orton vs. Edge writes itself. Edge did come back in the Royal Rumble because he wanted to be a champion, after all. But if you're going to bring a legend back to fight Orton, please, please, please make it Shawn Michaels. I mean, I'm also for the product skewering much younger, haha, but if it has to be someone over 40, HBK would be marvellous. Orton can call out Taker and HBK can answer, telling Orton to let him stay retired, stop trying to bring him back. Cue Orton getting on HBK's case about coming back and never retiring again. Cue Sweet Chin Music and you're off to the races. A build to one last title win for Shawn Michaels. Goosebumps.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm open to it. Orton vs. Edge writes itself. Edge did come back in the Royal Rumble because he wanted to be a champion, after all. But if you're going to bring a legend back to fight Orton, please, please, please make it Shawn Michaels. I mean, I'm also for the product skewering much younger, haha, but if it has to be someone over 40, HBK would be marvellous. Orton can call out Taker and HBK can answer, telling Orton to let him stay retired, stop trying to bring him back. Cue Orton getting on HBK's case about coming back and never retiring again. Cue Sweet Chin Music and you're off to the races. A build to one last title win for Shawn Michaels. Goosebumps.
I don't think Shawn wants to come back I just think the pay day in Saudi was to good to turn down at the time but after that match you could tell he was thinking what the hell am I doing. Edge came back because his career ended abruptly so he never got to finish it on his terms. But Michaels did and even when he came back the first time in 02 he said he didn't wanna be champion and the only reason he did was to put HHH over when he had it for that short run. But Michaels is one of these guys unless he's gonna go out and give the fans absolute quality then it's not worth it to him and that match in Saudi showed he coudnt produce it so I think the desire has gone with Michaels but somebody like edge when he come back should be the plan because there match at backlash was very good wasn't the greatest match ever like they said but I think that was just them hamming it up but they sure did over deliver

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
You have to run with what's hot.

They've hurt Drew with these geek feuds and he does not feel important and at a time they're losing viewers like crazy you got to go all in with what's hot rather than kill the only thing you have going for you.

Orton has to beat Drew or The Fiend, either will do. Hold that title till WM.
Orton's momentum is not sustainable like people here assume. He was red hot after beating edge. But now has started cooling off after feuding with big show and tagging with geeks. In fact Orton is in serious trouble if he doesn't get McIntyre at Summerslam. Imagine if they decided to do Brock vs Drew again and throw in Orton with Owens at summerslam. He will be dead in the water. Orton can become lackluster real quick so they must be careful with him

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Orton's momentum is not sustainable like people here assume. He was red hot after beating edge. But now has started cooling off after feuding with big show and tagging with geeks. In fact Orton is in serious trouble if he doesn't get McIntyre at Summerslam. Imagine if they decided to do Brock vs Drew again and throw in Orton with Owens at summerslam. He will be dead in the water. Orton's can become lackluster real quick so they must be careful with him
So more the reason to throw him in with McIntyre at summerslam. Because that's apparently the plan and Brock apparently isn't coming back yet due to the no crowd. Get McIntyre and ziggler out the way out Orton in the spot as the character he's been playing and have him take the belt of drew. Orton is a guy who can be cooled but instantly heated up again it's why he's been on top for 15 years almost because he does have his cooled off times but then he's right back init he's done it for years and years so you don't have to be careful with Orton because he's orton. He has the tag of he's your favourite wrestlers favourite wrestler because at any time he can switch on and become the most relevant guy on the show when he wants to be

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
If the WWE Title was giving to the guy with the most momentum and talent then yes Orton would have won the title back in January. As a big Orton mark I'm always happy to see him with the title, being objective though I think they have invested a lot in Drew so I don't want to see him thrown out the card just so Orton vs Edge is a World Title match I don't believe in that.

But if they want Orton to be a proper World Champion and defend against the current guys on the roster then that would be great, eventually McIntyre would win the title back as I do think Mcintyre defending the WWE Title against Edge is one of the biggest matches WWE can do, maybe even for Mania.

Either way, keep building Orton up as much as possible to face Drew, if Orton wins or loses it doesn't really matter at this point, but the feud could do a lot for Drew Mcintyre.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
12,032 Posts
I'd give the title to Orton at SSlam, but I don't like the idea of Orton holding the title for long. The guy has had his time on the top. I would put Orton over McIntyre at SSlam, have Edge win the title off of Orton, then I'd do Orton vs Edge vs McIntyre in a Triple Threat with McIntyre winning the title back by pinning Orton some time before the Rumble. In the meantime build up some guys to feud with Drew.

·
Banned
1,309 Posts
Orton will likely face McIntyre in the coming weeks or months and win the title. Not sure whether he'll face Big Show or McIntyre at SummerSlam but he will likely win it eventually.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Another problem is there is no one after Orton for Drew after their feud. If he beats him who can take the title off him? There are no big heels and the roster is super thin heel side.
This is kinda the problem with Drew right now. They are giving him filler fueds that last 1 ppv and are over like his matches with Seth, Lashley and now Ziggler. What draws is a heated rivarly that is back and forth over multiple ppvs. They had this with Bobby/MVP and dropped it after 1 frickin ppv and went with a geek fued with Ziggler.

Orton will have the same problem.

·
Registered
810 Posts
This is kinda the problem with Drew right now. They are giving him filler fueds that last 1 ppv and are over like his matches with Seth, Lashley and now Ziggler. What draws is a heated rivarly that is back and forth over multiple ppvs. They had this with Bobby/MVP and dropped it after 1 frickin ppv and went with a geek fued with Ziggler.

Orton will have the same problem.
If all roster is available there are a lot of new feuds for Drew really .

Drew vs Kevin Owens

Drew vs Edge

Drew vs Brock ( rematch for the title )

Drew vs Roman ( May return on raw)

Drew vs Aj styles

Drew vs Alister Black if they build him

Drew vs Corbin

Drew vs Braun

Drew vs Bray ( monster vs monster hunter )

Drew vs Jinder

Now granted a lot of those guys are unavailable , some are on Smackdown but they can easy work around that by having a shakeup which They have done many times in the past .

1 - 20 of 20 Posts