Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
HEADBANGA
21,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Randy Orton recently made some comments about former WWE and current TNA star Ken Anderson. Orton admits he went to WWE management about Anderson's in-ring work that was one of the reasons for his release from WWE.

"He is in denial. He thinks you have to be able to do a moonsault to know how to work. And, as far as dropping me on my head, he did. He never got to see all 4 camera angles of him doing it. I did. Plus, the left side of my neck down to my trap was sore all week in Mexico. I did tell Ken that he shouldn't be dropping me on my head with such a simple basic move. He never said sorry, and even called me a liar after the match. I remember looking at him in disbelief. And yes, I did tell management I did not want to work with him after that. Who wouldn't? That's my side. There is another thing...never did I get my neck taped as he claims it was in that interview. Also, the whole bearhug story does have some truth to it. Early in the day that morning in LA, he came up behind me and grabbed around my chest and picked me up off of the floor. I don't know anyone who enjoys being tackled from behind and picked up off the floor. When he let go and I realized it was Ken, I was like, `oh, ok, you're back, cool.' My reaction of his big return was watered down and I found it very funny reading in his interview that he left like I had an agenda, or almost like I wanted him gone. Not until I was given a belly to back suplex onto the back of my neck did I have any negative feelings with Mr. Anderson. I honestly hope for his wife's sake that he can find something else he's marginally good at, and earn a living. I know he really wants to entertain, so good luck Ken, you are gonna need it."

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Damn Randy really went in hard on Anderson. Especially on the last few lines.

·
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
15,404 Posts
Sorry but I had to laugh at that last line, is Orton really trying to say Anderson isn't entertaining? He's 10x more entertaining than Orton we'll ever be, that's a fact.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I love that a man who's repertoire is eaten up with 85-90% rest holds is commenting on someone else's wrestling abilities. Not that I think Anderson is spectacular or that Orton is wrong in saying Anderson dropped him on his head (because he clearly did) but Orton has no foot to stand on when it comes to in-ring work rate. The guy is solid at doing moves methodically but any lazy second generation star who continually gets free passes from WWE despite his shitty attitude and due to his six-pack should just keep his mouth shut about others' workrate and entertainment abilities.

·
Registered
11,500 Posts
Ken Anderson is a jerk, do somebody got his Fox News interview. I would never build a company around him.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Orton has no room to talk, guy walked out on the military. A coward at heart. I think he left because someone found out he's gay, I wouldn't put it past him.

He's probably mad Anderson just had a 5 star match, something Orton and his horrible wrestler of a daddy could never dream of.

Who else does this kind of shit?

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
The Viper strikes again

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,963 Posts
This is an old article, I remember reading this just after Ken did the interview for PWR.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
I think he made that post over a year ago, on his personal website/forum if I remember correctly. The moonsault comment is waay off target though, Anderson isn't exactly the most athletic wrestler there is.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Lmao. Yeah good luck to be "entertaining" Anderson. Perhaps he needs to work on his homoerotic stares and dry humping the mat?

Randy is right to respond to the rumors and what not, but to imply that Anderson needs luck to entertain, yeah good one Randy haha.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
The irony is Orton and Anderson are probably my two favorite current wrestlers. I find them both tremendously entertaining by virtue of the very different things they both do so well.

We'll never really know the truth. Both men have a history of being chronic liars and jerks. I'm sure they were both at fault. But, odds are, if WWE went as far as to cut Ken right when they were in the midst of building him toward something special, he probably had it coming one way or another. It's really too bad.

The saddest thing about this is that these two guys (supposedly) used to be good friends. To me that's the most unfortunate thing about all this.

·
I wonder what Aeris felt...When she was up on that
31,462 Posts
I find it funny that some fans on here hate on Randy Orton yet every wrestler/legend/etc. all say Orton is the best worker in the business right now.

The irony is Orton and Anderson are probably my two favorite current wrestlers. I find them both tremendously entertaining by virtue of the very different things they both do so well.

We'll never really know the truth. Both men have a history of being chronic liars and jerks. I'm sure they were both at fault. But, odds are, if WWE went as far as to cut Ken right when they were in the midst of building him toward something special, he probably had it coming one way or another. It's really too bad.

The saddest thing about this is that these two guys (supposedly) used to be good friends. To me that's the most unfortunate thing about all this.
1. Maybe Ken Anderson really is the biggest asshole in the world in real life.

2. It seems Orton has changed a lot since a) his incidents of misbehavior and b) becoming a father.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
I find it funny that some fans on here hate on Randy Orton yet every wrestler/legend/etc. all say Orton is the best worker in the business right now.

1. Maybe Ken Anderson really is the biggest asshole in the world in real life.

2. It seems Orton has changed a lot since a) his incidents of misbehavior and b) becoming a father.
Ya, is this before or after they get in there ferrari paid for by the WWF?

There being company people.

·
I wonder what Aeris felt...When she was up on that
31,462 Posts
Ya, is this before or after they get in there ferrari paid for by the WWF?

There being company people.
Hulk Hogan even said Orton was the best worker a few days ago. Hell, I remember Bischoff, Russo, and another TNA management person saying the same. Paul Heyman even said if he started a new promotion, he'd kill for a guy like Orton to build it around.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Hulk Hogan even said Orton was the best worker a few days ago. Hell, I remember Bischoff, Russo, and another TNA management person saying the same. Paul Heyman even said if he started a new promotion, he'd kill for a guy like Orton to build it around.
All those guys have something in common, don't know a fucking wrist watch from a wrist lock. Don't respect one person you mentioned there. All in it for the buck.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.