Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 118 of 118 Posts
Why don't we wait and see how things go for Punk as a heel without the god-awful straight edge gimmick before making bold statements.

It's a ridiculous comparison to make at such an early stage in this heel turn. Orton is a good heel, no doubt - but he had an unbelievable push; similar to Cena. Beating the guys he beat... punting who he punted would get ANYBODY over with >= reasonable amount of talent.

Punk has had great feuds before AND after a push.

Punk works better as a heel too. I like punk, but I MUCH prefer heel punk. 'That promo' was so good that it turned a heel punk into a tweener punk, and subsequently into a face. Not many can do that on the mic - given the airtime or not.

As a face, he's actually pretty boring, which is probably why people don't care for him as much since the promo. His best stuff on the mic is controversial and he's played on the 'i'm appealing to the attitude era fans' card for a bit too long. Good move WWE!

To be honest, Punk has never had an interesting program as a heel outside of his feud with Jeff Hardy and in that case, anyone would've succeeded as a heel when screwing the super-over Hardy of his title victory. Orton, on the other hand, has had numerous awesome feuds including his feud with Undertaker (Punk worked with him too but the results were awful), John Cena (2007 one that ended prematurely when Cena got injured) and the McMahons/HHH.

And people will say "Orton was just better booked", but the truth is, Punk would have never been taken seriously in the role Orton had because he just doesn't look intimidating. Remember how laughable it sounded when he told Kevin Nash "I'm gonna kick your ass"? Yeah, something like that.

Aaaaannndddd who's the guy currently sitting on his ass at home because he was stupid enough to use? That's right, ladies and gentlemen, THE APEX ADDICT! It doesn't fuckin' matter who you think the better heel is, CM Punk is far more committed and reliable.

Randy should consider himself lucky that WWE are gonna give him a push when he returns. If I were in charge, I'd tell him to go and stick some more needles into his ass because he isn't welcome anymore.

Both are very good heels, but WORLDS apart. One plays to presence/look and the other to talking/mic psychology(if that makes any sense :rolleyes:)

Orton has always played towards his strengths in the fact that he has the look of a psycho and has the presence of one. He visibly looks intimidating. Now, Orton's mic work is good, when he was a cocky heel he was playing the mic beautifully. But it is defiantly not his biggest aspect, not at all.

Punk was quite the opposite. Punk played entirely on his mic work and talking. It is his biggest strength by far and wide. You cannot argue that. Just look back to his heel promos. He plays the audience perfectly. As for his presence, its not an intimadating one but more of a "fuck you" one. You just look and say "asshole", nothing else.

Overall, they are both great heels. In the end, it all comes down to who you mark for or who you just simply prefer. I love both as a heel.

And people will say "Orton was just better booked", but the truth is, Punk would have never been taken seriously in the role Orton had because he just doesn't look intimidating. Remember how laughable it sounded when he told Kevin Nash "I'm gonna kick your ass"? Yeah, something like that.
Orton was better booked for the most part. That is a fact. But I still won't use that as an argument, it is quite pointless as booking will not effect your skills and how good you really are. If your THAT good, you will shine whatever spot you get.

Punk would not have fit his role, at all. You are totally correct there. Punk would not fit as a legend killer or the psycho. Punk is ALL about his mic work, yes he is an athlete but his appearance is not very intimidating, especially when compared to Orton.

Randy Orton doesn't even deserve to be in the ring. Jeff Hardy has a better chance of passing a drug test than him.

Re: randy orton is better heel than cm punk

They thought that for the last decade, it turns out they were wrong. Punk used 5 minutes of mic time after being a jobber to the stars and losing 11 out of the last 12 PPV's to make himself a bigger star than Orton could with 9 world titles and 3 WrestleMania main events.

Orton marks are officially liars if they say that Orton is the #2 guy in the company and not Punk. Punk gets to wrestle THE ROCK. Game over.
Orton got to wrestle HULK HOGAN did that mean he was the #2 guy at that time? No, it was clearly Batista and Orton was wrestling one of the biggest names in professional wrestling. Now that Punk has turned heel, it looks like he's heading to be the #1 heel in the company while it looks like Orton will used the #2 face again. Hell, now that Orton has returned, been placed back in the main event, and will get to be in a movie, it looks like he'll once again reclaim his throne back at the top again (unless of course he also turns heel and WWE decides to push Sheamus instead).

And FYI, Orton already got to wrestle the Rock (even though it was a tag match and it was during his reign as the Legend killer and with Evolution).

101 - 118 of 118 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.