Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm setting myself up for a flaming here, but I really don't give a crap.

Randy Orton was just fantastic in that cutting edge segment on Smackdown. His delivery had a real intensity to it. His selling of Henry's offense was fantastic as well.

I'm becoming a real fan of Orton - his PPV matches this year have all been top class, and if he manages to get a decent match out of Henry (who can barely move most of the time), then I hope the bitching about his ability will stop.

One other thought about that segment - the bump Trent Baretta took on the side of the ring when Henry launched him out of the ring looked bloody painful. I wouldn't be surprised if he got some cracked or broken ribs from that bump.

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
This is redundant, but It just sucks that they've basically turned this guy into Cena 2.0. I was dreading Orton's face turn, and once he turned face, I just completely lost interest in his character.

His heel character though....The man can play the PERFECT heel.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I'm with you, OP. I think all the hate towards Orton is mainly just childish bandwagon attempts to seem liberal and cool by going against the popular babyface. Look at all the great matches Orton has had this year on TV and PPV. To name a few, his series with CM Punk including their WM match was brilliant, his series with Christian yielded a few MOTY candidates, and he has put on solid TV matches especially recently with the likes of Ziggler, Kane, and Rhodes. On top of that, his promos have been intense and well performed as well. This Friday's promo is a great example. He comes across as a bad ass who the fans can get behind because they know the heel's gonna get what's coming to him

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
says the guy with a hurricane avatar fpalm. Anyway I thought the segement was awesome I totally agree with the OP. Orton was great and so was Henry.
I shouldn't take away any credit from Henry's mic work. I get the feeling he means a lot of what he says, so he's doing his job very well. On the mics at least, Henry and Orton have great chemistry and because of that, I'm interested in the match.

However, Henry's in ring skills and mobility aren't great - and that is why I think it's largely down to Orton to make sure this feud has the payoff it deserves in a great match. And if he pulls that off with Henry, then I think he's proven what a great worker he is.

I'm looking forward to the match and seeing how it plays out.

The final thing, Henry's recent work, in terms of building up that monster heel image, makes him a BELIEVABLE world champion, so I don't mind whichever way this match goes. I just hope the match can captivate me as much as the buildup has.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I shouldn't take away any credit from Henry's mic work. I get the feeling he means a lot of what he says, so he's doing his job very well. On the mics at least, Henry and Orton have great chemistry and because of that, I'm interested in the match.

However, Henry's in ring skills and mobility aren't great - and that is why I think it's largely down to Orton to make sure this feud has the payoff it deserves in a great match. And if he pulls that off with Henry, then I think he's proven what a great worker he is.

I'm looking forward to the match and seeing how it plays out.

The final thing, Henry's recent work, in terms of building up that monster heel image, makes him a BELIEVABLE world champion, so I don't mind whichever way this match goes. I just hope the match can captivate me as much as the buildup has.
I totally agree. I like feud between the two big time. It reminds me a little bit of Rock III.

·
Banned
2,045 Posts
100% spot on op. But you know the Orton haters on here,Randy could carry that sandbag Henry to a 10 star match and they still wouldnt give him credit. Like HBK said,"He's as talented as the day is long."

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
100% spot on op. But you know the Orton haters on here,Randy could carry that sandbag Henry to a 10 star match and they still wouldnt give him credit. Like HBK said,"He's as talented as the day is long."
I agree. The haters would just turn a blind eye to it which is sad. That segment with Orton and Henry on Friday was Awesome. I enjoyed it big time. I think the match isn't going to be bad as people think.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I always try to be fair about wrestlers. I dont go overboard and say that orton is the best at everything. he does have flaws like his mic skills. However, even people who dislike him ahve to admit he is good in the ring and had had a great year thus far. I'm not saying he is the best but he haa been one of the best. His mic skills i admit are lacking but i think that when he plays the cocky heel he has shown to be better on the mic. I do think he has gotten a lot of heat for no reason. I understand people want him to drop the title but they have to get mad at the WWe not Orton since he is just doing his job. I understand droppng the title to Rhodes,brya,sheamus or Christian. But mark henry is just fucking horrible lol.

·
Banned
2,045 Posts
He just made that fat tub of crap Henry look as good as hes ever looked in his 15 year career.He sold his butt off like nobody's business for Mark. He sold in thismatch more than Cena's done this whole year.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Why is everyone acting like Mark Henry is as bad as Khali? He's no Undertaker but he can have solid matches. Yes Orton played a role in helping the match look good but they both did their part.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Why is everyone acting like Mark Henry is as bad as Khali? He's no Undertaker but he can have solid matches. Yes Orton played a role in helping the match look good but they both did their part.
he is bad man. I'm sorry i try to be fair even with wrestlers that i am not fans of i am fair but hes not good. He has done a great job the last few months but he's not gonna have good matches unless christian,orton, and maybe sheamus is involved

·
The User Without Fear
2,811 Posts
Henry has been in the WWE for 15 years, and can't recall a good match from him. It's obvious he sucks when not even Kurt Angle or Undertaker at Mania were able to get a good match out of him.

He's bad.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Henry has been in the WWE for 15 years, and can't recall a good match from him. It's obvious he sucks when not even Kurt Angle or Undertaker at Mania were able to get a good match out of him.

He's bad.
So are you indirectly saying that Orton is better than The Undertaker and Kurt Angle?

·
Registered
996 Posts
So are you indirectly saying that Orton is better than The Undertaker and Kurt Angle?
I dont think he was saying that. Some people have better chemistry than others. Really whats with your love for Mark henry anyway lol. I thought you were a Christian fan which i think is understandable since he is a great wrestler

1 - 20 of 64 Posts