Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
SOURCE :wrestlingINC

According to sources, Randy Orton suffered an injury to his knee on last week's RAW from Orlando, FL. This is the same night Orton lost the WWE title to The Miz after he cashed in his Money In The Bank briefcase. According to the source, Nexus member Husky Harris kicked Orton in the knee, thus causing the injury. Orton was kept off WWE weekend live events as a result of this. The injury caused quite the scare among WWE management as the last thing they need right now is another top star injured.

·
Banned
4,731 Posts
Yeah at first I didn't believe it but it turns out Orton has actually injured his knee. It's a pretty minor one though allegedly. I think them keeping him off RAW and house shows was more precautionary than anything.

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
I don't wish getting a body part injured on anybody but Orton knows what it's all about at this point and quite frankly I wouldn't mind it if he sat out Wrestlemania with a injury because he adds nothing to the WWE right now. The man is the definition of boring and he gets what you could call a OVERreaction from the crowd that I just don't seem to understand. Orton offers nothing different from any other main eventer. As wrong as it is that Cena is the number 1 guy of this generation of the product at least he can put on a somewhat entertaining match with anybody and was able to carry all the wrestlers Orton was unable to carry to a somewhat decent match.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Are the "sources" the whole world's television sets? They are sitting describing exactly how it happened like it's some big houseshow scandal. We all watched Raw. Lol.

Anyway, it sucks that it's a legit injury, but I'm sure Randy will be back next week. He said so himself on Twitter that his knee will be fine once the swelling goes down. He obviously is just getting a well-deserved rest right now.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Heh, i hope this will be a wake up call for WWE, they couldn't just lean solely on Cena and Orton as the top faces, Raw is so lacking in top faces i'm sure they hit the panic button at the moment.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
I don't wish getting a body part injured on anybody but Orton knows what it's all about at this point and quite frankly I wouldn't mind it if he sat out Wrestlemania with a injury because he adds nothing to the WWE right now. The man is the definition of boring and he gets what you could call a OVERreaction from the crowd that I just don't seem to understand. Orton offers nothing different from any other main eventer. As wrong as it is that Cena is the number 1 guy of this generation of the product at least he can put on a somewhat entertaining match with anybody and was able to carry all the wrestlers Orton was unable to carry to a somewhat decent match.
Orton is a great wrestler, I'm not the guy's biggest fan but to call him a 'bad wrestler' who needs to be carried is just untrue. In 2006 Smackdown he was one of the company's top preformers. Remarkable workrate for such a young talent. Not to mention picture perfect psychology. Take NWO 08 and his I Quit matches as an example of this. He's very good.

Though I will admit, his recent face turn has weakened his in ring ability.

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
Orton is a great wrestler, I'm not the guy's biggest fan but to call him a 'bad wrestler' who needs to be carried is just untrue. In 2006 Smackdown he was one of the company's top preformers. Remarkable workrate for such a young talent. Not to mention picture perfect psychology. Take NWO 08 and his I Quit matches as an example of this. He's very good.

I find him to be very inconsistent with his matches. The ones that are very good like his Summerslam match with Sheamus before the disqualification require a special sorta attention to pay attention to and realize that their good. That's just not acceptable in my book for a 30 year old man. At his size too he should be flying around the ring because he looks sickly like he has Hepititis or something and needs to eat some food. That to me makes him more intolerable.

I guess if I hadn't seen him wrestle in a while he'd be alright to watch but I'm just plain sick of seeing his matches and him. His character is very weak right now compared to just a year and a half ago.

·
7 years, 18 movies later ....
3,323 Posts
Hopefully its only minor now for Orton's sake wonder whether Harris will get a talking to for injuring Randy

·
Registered
6,267 Posts

The problem with Orton's style is he uses a lot of restholds and wrestles at a very slow pace. It works in some matches and other matches it makes them boring.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts