Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up with all the Randy Orton hate? It seems like the smarks do not like any wrestler who is over at the WWE show's. I remember a year or two ago when Orton was a heel everybody was sucking Orton's dick, but now that he's the most over person on the roster nobody likes him now. I think smarks only like two kinds of wrestlers. Smarks like heels, and young up and coming faces. Everybody else sucks.

·
My name is 905 and I've just become alive
5,111 Posts
What's up with all the Randy Orton hate? It seems like the smarks do not like any wrestler who is over at the WWE show's. I remember a year or two ago when Orton was a heel everybody was sucking Orton's dick, but now that he's the most over person on the roster nobody likes him now. I think smarks only like two kinds of wrestlers. Smarks like heels, and young up and coming faces. Everybody else sucks.
I think Cena is still more over than Orton

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
In before the word boring and is used and also undeserved hate in most responses.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I like Ortons work, there is a reason why he is over.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Nope, he is boring as a face, and boring as a heel.

Well to be fair, I think a lot of the hate, is because the main eventers do not deliver entertaining matches, because the WWE creative have valued anything but wrestling skills. Any entertainment has been by gimmicks and spots in matches.

But if you put Orton vs Dolph, or especially Cena vs Dolph - a good wrestler can improve their game massively.

6 move Cena vs 6 move Orton is always going to be a snorefest.

And more to the point, the older wrestlers just do not seem to try any more - they are stuck in a rut, while newer wrestlers are more experimental.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Orton is one of my favorite wrestlers of all time. He made me a full on WWE fan again when he turned face last year. You gotta understand though this is the IWC they hate every face not named Daniel Bryan. It's funny because when Orton was heel everyone pleaded for him to turn face and win the title but now they want him back heel. Which is retarded.

·
Banned
4,730 Posts
Just like Orton's current work, the hate he constantly gets is boring.

·
Banned
286 Posts
I hate Randy Orton.
I hope he gets fired.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Never was a big Orton fan myself; always thought he'd have flashes of brilliance and then settle into a routine, get dull, only to have another flash of brilliance later on down the line.

·
Registered
856 Posts
There is probably as much online hate as there is love for Orton. He is probably the best example of a polarizing wrestler.

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
he is just boring no way else ot put it

his interviews is like watching paint dry

his in ring work is so slow and plodding does too many rest holds and chin locks

he is just BORING

·
Sax Legend of Sax Legend on YouTube
1,254 Posts
You answered your own question.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Watch his match with Ziggler.

Ziggler did all the entertaining stuff, looked strong, went for a finisher, looked to me like he hit it but the announcers scream "RKO!" and Ziggler sells it. I was never in any doubt that Orton would win that match, not for one single second excpet the half-second where it looked like Ziggler had hit his move. That's boring. Knowing who will win the match, how they will win it* and that he's going to be boring as shit for the whole damn timeslot.

He can't cut a promo, acts like a heel and gets cheered like a face, is generally a mess in how he comes over because of it and barring interference or John Cena he's a lock to win every match.

*Not even kidding here. 90% of Orton matches go as follows. Massive pop for Orton's entrance, opponent works like hell and looks as good as they can wrestling a man who moves like a geriatric case (what does it say for you that Ric Flair puts on more exciting matches?), Orton pulls Super Cena routine into RKO or opponent puts their head somewhere near Orton's right shoulder into RKO. Massive pop. End.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts