Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
I always preferred his old look, but just changing his gimmick isn't really going to make him better or more entertaining. To play a Legend Killer gimmick, you have to be young, cocky, and a blue chipper who is looking to achieve greatness. Orton is well past that stage in terms of his wrestling career and the gimmick just wouldn't really work.

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
Orton has reached legends status himself so he can't really do the legend killer gimmick anymore.

I preferred his old music and gimmick but he won't go back (He hated the old music)

·
Registered
12,415 Posts
"Legend Killer" would be a silly gimmick for Orton to have nowadays.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
He should grow more of a beard. It worked for CM Punk, Mark Henry, John Morrison (before WM27), Edge, Christian, Sheamus, Vickie.

Beards are a draw. That's why John Cena isn't as beloved.

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
Am i the only person who likes the "Viper" Orton way more . Yea his promos aren't that great, but everything else is top notch. Viper is a way more entertaining character; especially when he flips out and goes psycho on people

The "Legend Killer" is the same young, arrogant, good looking guy gimmick that has been used over and over by pretty much every young heel wrestler. Except he got to feud with, and go over, some old wrestlers

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
A legend killer gimmick doesn't work as well for a guy who already has more title runs than most legends.

That said, I too prefer viper orton.

·
Banned
1,802 Posts
Am i the only person who likes the "Viper" Orton way more . Yea his promos aren't that great, but everything else is top notch. Viper is a way more entertaining character; especially when he flips out and goes psycho on people

The "Legend Killer" is the same young, arrogant, good looking guy gimmick that has been used over and over by pretty much every young heel wrestler. Except he got to feud with, and go over, some old wrestlers
i think you are the only one

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
he doesn't even seem to have a gimmick anymore, he just walks out slow and talks at the speed of downs then has ADHD tantrums during matches, not really a gimmick compared to the legend killer gimmick where he actually had a goal.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts