Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While doing an interview for Hot1041STL.com, Randy Orton explained his recent comments about dives that generated a lot of controversy with indy wrestlers and fans:

"I'm putting over AJ Styles, he does dives. I don't have a problem with dives out of the ring but there are a lot of these guys who don't have anything to fall back on and they're not making any money doing it. A lot of these guys go out there and they're gonna break their necks at 23 years old doing things they shouldn't be doing. It's a display of athleticism no doubt but I'm not going to watch gymnastics. I wanna go watch a story and a fight between a good guy and a bad guy."
You can check out the video with Orton's complete comments below:
https://streamable.com/zq2o0

I recommend watching the video it is not long and somethings he said is not written here,he talks about who defended him on this and AJ Styles was the first name he said.

·
Likes wrestling....
10,885 Posts
Re: Randy Orton explains his controversial 'dive' comments,Talks about who defended him & More

Sigh.....Randy can say whatever the heck he wants, but allot of these guys are doing dives to get on the radar.

If I were a third generation star I would consider staying quiet since I didn't have to work half as hard.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Orton who? The guy that injured himself by TAUNTING?

Ps: seriously, I think Orton made some good points... but that gif...

·
Banned
262 Posts
Orton makes some good points and some not so good ones. These guys are doing it to get noticed, and it's working out well for some of them like Ricochet and The Bucks. Ospreay is arguable due to his laundry list of injuries. The Bucks are a good example of guys who do a lot of dives and stuff, but are also very safe, formulaic, and never get hurt or hurt anybody, all while making a shitload of money. Their style isn't my cup of tea, I'm with Randy in that I'd rather see a great fight and story, but these aren't mutually exclusive.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Eh Randy doesn't need to be putting over AJ Styles

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.