Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Mamba Mentality
26,071 Posts
I could have sworn though there was like a "the last match between these two" advertised at one point. My mind is playing tricks with me I guess.
You right. Their Iron Man Match at Bragging Rights 2009 was supposed to be "the end", but they've had several matches since then including another HIAC Match and a TLC Match.

But this is WWE were The End of An Era wasn't the last match between Undertaker & HHH, and Once In A Lifetime between The Rock & John Cena got a rematch only one year later.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
It started with Rock now it's Cena, after a couple of months it'll be "Randy Orton Teases a Match with Ali For WrestleMania in Tampa".

·
Premium Member
5,160 Posts
I never want to see Cena on my TV screen again. I like Orton but if that match happens, it will make for a nice piss break during mania.

·
The Fresh Prince Is Back On His Throne!
11,553 Posts
Randal Orton vs John Cena Jr would be a great match for WrestleMania. They’ve not faced each other for years and are better than most geeks on the roster bar Colby Lopez, Bryan Danielson and Windham Rotunda.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Pass for me..yawn... Randy Orton has been phoning it in for quite some time.. Plus with Cena now having a hollywood career, not sure how much of bumps and commitment he would be willing to commit too and he can't be here every week to build up so it would depend on Randy Orton not phoning it in as usual .. Either way hard pass..

·
Premium Member
5,160 Posts
The disrespect is real, dude is a future HOF and carried the company on his back for years.
He carried the company down the stairs into the gutter. Why would I respect someone who helped destroy something I loved? Of course he will be in the HOF because Vince forced him on us.

·
Hail To The King
13 Posts
aye I am for it I don't think these two ever had a one on one encounter at WrestleMania so fuck it why not

·
Premium Member
5,160 Posts
Pass for me..yawn... Randy Orton has been phoning it in for quite some time.. Plus with Cena now having a hollywood career, not sure how much of bumps and commitment he would be willing to commit too and he can't be here every week to build up so it would depend on Randy Orton not phoning it in as usual .. Either way hard pass..
It makes me laugh because Cena is now a massive hypocrite for doing exactly what he cried about The Rock doing. His whole feud with The Rock was Cena projecting about wishing he could have that career. Unlike Rock, Cena is not a good actor so I imagine in a few years he will be making The Marine 18: Some kids are on my lawn.

·
When we all fall alseep where do we go?
23,631 Posts
What else is there for Orton to do really? Beating him doesn't do a whole lot for anyone currently so all that can be done with him at the moment is facing other stars of the past who he has history with. I would still like to see The Rock match though, that would have a great story and can be built well unlike "hey we fought 100000x so guess what lets do this again"

·
Banned
575 Posts
He carried the company down the stairs into the gutter. Why would I respect someone who helped destroy something I loved? Of course he will be in the HOF because Vince forced him on us.
Nah dude, he carried the company. The company has gone down hill since he went part time you are a hater. He’s a million times more entertaining than anyone on the current roster

·
Premium Member
5,160 Posts
Nah dude, he carried the company. The company has gone down hill since he went part time you are a hater. He’s a million times more entertaining than anyone on the current roster
He carried the company downhill because Vince picked him, not the audience. The audience booed him for well over a decade. Vince did not bother building anyone else up while John was his man. That is why we are at where we are now. I do not personally blame John either, I blame Vince. John did what he was told to do. Maybe he is a nice guy in real life, I just hated his character.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Saudi can have this match, but it's not Mania worthy. And it never was to begin with.
Oh, I don't know about 'never was to begin with'. If they'd booked Cena vs Orton for WrestleMania 21 or 22 it would've been fairly enjoyable. I agree with you that it isn't really WrestleMania worthy now, though. They've faced each other a bunch of times and without any stakes, the match is just two veterans with nothing better to do.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
John Cena is the reason there is so many kids in the audience which is the worst thing that ever happened to this product. He's the poster boy for PG.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Too little, too late. But I am open to having my mind changed. For me, his entire career was a heel run.
Same here, can't stand him. Made me quit watching WWE for like 7 years during his super man reign. But I'm interested in a heel turn just for the storyline and spectacle, although as you said it's most likely to little to late.

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
I wouldn't mind seeing it. Two legends who can still go, going out at it. These two always had good to great matches with each others.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts