Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Orton calling out Cena and Rock for mania looking for a big name for the show, Orton coming in as WWE champion and Cena winning breaking Flair record

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
3,882 Posts
Some matches actually are WrestleMania worthy, except we've seen them a million times so it's not necessary. Triple H never had a WrestleMania one-on-one match against Shawn Michaels, The Rock, or Steve Austin, but it's OK because we saw those matches elsewhere. Same thing with Orton/Cena.

·
Registered
4,526 Posts
Yawn.......

·
Asuka
96,553 Posts
In another year, I would've freaked out and said no, under no circumstances should this happen, but you know what?Why not? Cena has been gone and is functionally retired, and Orton has been doing nothing, so there's no stakes to it, and it keeps Cena and Orton away from anybody who could have a more interesting program. This would be an utterly pointless match and if that's the case, then go ahead and keep them away from the relevant programs.

And he's teasing it on social media which means it's not gonna happen anyway, because nothing teased on social media ever happens. :lmao

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
why not do seth rollins vs randy orton in a paint drying match.

Reactions: Ninja Hedgehog

·
Mamba Mentality
26,071 Posts
Randy Orton is trolling for any attention on social media: WM match with The Rock, jumping ship to AEW, and now a match versus John Cena. Next, Orton will be calling Batista out of retirement.

·
Southern Pride
3,578 Posts
Orton knows that his posts easily get talked about. He is messing around.

Besides, the last Orton vs. Cena match was advertised to be like the last one between the two or whatever.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Orton knows that his posts easily get talked about. He is messing around.

Besides, the last Orton vs. Cena match was advertised to be like the last one between the two or whatever.
Actually it was advertised as a first time ever one on one match on Smackdown :vince5

·
Southern Pride
3,578 Posts
Actually it was advertised as a first time ever one on one match on Smackdown :vince5
After looking back, you're right. Their last match was advertised the way you said it.

I could have sworn though there was like a "the last match between these two" advertised at one point. My mind is playing tricks with me I guess.

Anyway, WrestleMania next year will be over 3 years since their last match. I know that Orton was only messing around on instagram but I can see the possibility of it actually happening since Cena is not even a part timer now.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I can just vision Cole hyping this matchup

:coleJOOOHN CENA RANDYY ORTON! A GENERATION COLLIDES! TWO OF THE ALLTIME GREATS HERE AT DUB YA DUB YA E!!! 13 TIME DUB YA DUB YA E CHAMPION VS THE 16 TIIIME CHAMPION. LIVE ON THE DUB YA DUB YA E NETWORK! ONCE IN A LIFETIME DONT MISS THIS FOWKS

·
Bury me one foot for every inch of heel she's wear
2,468 Posts
Nah Orton is a 13x champ (I think?) he needs to be beaten by someone who needs the rub. As boring as it be Rusev or Lashley probably needs it most

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I'm all for it, I don't see why everyone is crapping on it; I think it would be perfect if they did it RIGHT. They have the right history, the right storytelling, and they could sell it off as 2 mega stars doing battle one last time. Have it be a match that isn't about titles, that isn't "personal", just a straight up challenge and a "let's do this one last time" scenario.

Hell, give it a few more years when Orton is ready to retire, and make it a double-retirement match. It makes sense, and doesn't sound nearly as awful as say a random match for the title where Randy is attacking Cena's dad again or something to build the feud. Orton could even do what Cena did to The Rock and talk about how he's a hypocrite and left for Hollywood just like Rocky did to get Cena to accept the challenge, since he's semi-retired these days anyway.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
It's almost a surprise they never have met 1 on 1 at Mania. I'm certain it will happen before they both retire.
Cena has never had a WrestleMania Match with any of his biggest rivals.

He should’ve faced Edge at WM22 and he definitely should’ve faced Orton at WM24 but Triple H just HAD to be involved in a WrestleMania World Title Match.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts