Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV1EU-5IqAk This was only 3 years ago and he had the same gimmick he has now, if anything he was more "viperish" back then and yet he delievered his lines here very well, why is he so monotone now?

Plus if you look back to his evolution/legend killer mic work he was excellent and very charismatic so I honestly don't understand why so many people on here think he lacks charisma and mic skills when he's shown in the past he's more then adequate in these areas.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Orton is very underrated on the mic. I always thought he was good on the mic. He has plenty charisma he showed in the RNN Reports and in Evolution and when he was solo away from the group as the Legend Killer. He doesn't really show it all that much as The Viper but he shows it from time to time.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
As a fan of Randy Orton I still think he is very average with the mic.Sometimes good,sometimes average & most times pathetic.

STill a bad mic worker to me.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
They need to give Randy more mic time. When was the last time he cut a promo that lasted more than 1 min?
Every 2 weeks,where he says HE IS RANDY ORTON & he wants to hurt people & that Christian is whining. He would repeat the same stuff 3 times in a monotone voice. Specially the "MY NAME IS RANDY ORTON" every other week is a robotic voice is horrible. As if the crowd does not know his name.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts

Who say's Orton can't talk :rolleyes:
Ive always loved this promo, for sure my favourite Orton promo, really shows off his mic skills and charisma. Now he isn't like that now due to his gimmick but I still think he's a good mic worker with the viper character

·
Registered
338 Posts
I don’t know, he talks decent enough, but it seems he never has anything interesting to say. Basically it all is “I’m dangerous and I will defeat you.” But we KNOW that, it goes without saying.

·
Premium Member
16,225 Posts
"christian just come on down to the ring; I promise I just want to talk."
-Christian doesn't come out-
"Ok, you got me. I was gonna bash your head in if you came out."

CLASSIC (at least the way he did it)

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
I don’t know, he talks decent enough, but it seems he never has anything interesting to say. Basically it all is “I’m dangerous and I will defeat you.” But we KNOW that, it goes without saying.
It depends if his promos are heavily scripted if they are might explain why they suck

1 - 20 of 21 Posts