Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys? Forgive me if this has been posted already...

But what if Nash and Hall didn't make the heel turn with Hogan? Like the outsiders never debuted in WCW...

Who do you think would have been suitable replacements? Would the new generation era have lasted a bit longer?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
the angle would not have had the same impact at all with WCW stars involved.. The thing that made it so special, was people thought it was a real invasion from the WWF.. It was during a magical time in wrestling, that we will most likely never see again

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
The whole idea came about because of Scott Hall and Kevin Nash leaving WWE for WCW and without that there isn't an idea to run with, the whole point was meant to be it looking as if WWE were invading WCW. That alone made Scott Hall and Kevin Nash heels by default and then the whole third man thing had to either be one of Hulk Hogan, Sting or Ric Flair seeing as they were the three big stars and two of them were WCW through and through.

If Kevin Nash and Scott Hall hadn't left WWE then i believe WWE would never have been behind WCW at any point because their arrival in WCW was the launchpad of WCW beating WWE because of how hot The New World Order were for the first year and a half of their exsistence. Vince McMahon himself has said before that there isn't a wrestler that has worked for him that could have competed with The New World Order at their peak because it was HUGE so had Scott Hall and Kevin Nash not left everything would have been different. I have always said that had they stayed Scott Hall should have been given the push and role Sid Vicious had from late 1996 through to mid 1997 as a feud between Shawn Michaels and Scott Hall after all their history and real life friendship as well as in ring chemistry would have been golden in the main event scene.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts