Wrestling Forum banner

101 - 120 of 408 Posts

·
Custom User Title
6,554 Posts
Io Shirai had her first major house show victory tonight, defeating Bianca Belair. However in the post match, she was jumped by Marina Shafir and Jessamin Duke, and promptly got destroyed. Including them wrapping a steel chair around various body parts and stomping/jumping on the chair.

I'm not too sure, but Io had to be helped by several referees and a doctor to the back. We'll see if its a kayfabe injury or not tomorrow, but if Marina and Jessamin legit injured Io, then they need to be put back into the PC for a much longer time, or outright released.

There's a fine line between being green in the ring and being incredibly unsafe.

·
Registered
8,589 Posts
They're gonna bring this bullshit to the televised programming, aren't they?

If so, I'm just hoping this is some kind of set up to a War Games match or something, because if Shayna gets the title back the division is in a dark age when it should be in a golden one.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Io Shirai had her first major house show victory tonight, defeating Bianca Belair. However in the post match, she was jumped by Marina Shafir and Jessamin Duke, and promptly got destroyed. Including them wrapping a steel chair around various body parts and stomping/jumping on the chair.

I'm not too sure, but Io had to be helped by several referees and a doctor to the back. We'll see if its a kayfabe injury or not tomorrow, but if Marina and Jessamin legit injured Io, then they need to be put back into the PC for a much longer time, or outright released.

There's a fine line between being green in the ring and being incredibly unsafe.
Didn't see this show but this has a 99.99% chance of being kayfabe

·
Custom User Title
6,554 Posts
Apparently the finish of tonight's Io/Kacy vs Marina/Jessamin match caught people off guard. Marina and Jessamin beat Kacy/Io, but it looks like it was a botched (and potentially unintended) finish. To the shock of no one.

Yeah, someone at the show reported that Kacy got spiked so hard by Marina and Jessamin she may have been legit knocked loopy for a bit. Io apparently didn't try to break up the pin, because Kacy was supposed to kick out, but was knocked so loopy she didn't realize it.

·
Registered
8,589 Posts
Didn't I say two days ago Io would get the "honor" of trying to drag them to a good match?

I'm sure Kacy was pinned but that's only a little better. The division badly needs credible babyfaces now and Kacy is poised to be one of the breakout stars from the tournament. She has way more upside than they do right now.

Still just a house show of course, but if this somehow translates to TV it's a very, very bad sign.

·
Custom User Title
6,554 Posts
Yeah, it's just a house show. But at the end of the day, Marina and Jessamin are both way too inexperienced still, and shouldn't be pushed this hard. No other woman in WWE at their experience level has been pushed as hard as this.

Not that it matters anyways. I'm almost willing to bet actual money the moment that Ronda leaves the company, that Shayna, Marina, and Jessamin (if they are still around) will all be buried alive. Their value is tied solely to Ronda. If she leaves, their value completely collapses.

·
Registered
8,589 Posts
We have no idea when that will be though. It could be as early as next April, or it could be later. What's important is keeping this shit off TV. This definitely looks like practice for something. Best case scenario is Survivor Series. Hopefully they all get dumped on the main roster because I don't want to see the one good product this company has become unwatchable thanks to them.

The goal for the next year in the division should be to get that title to Io Shirai and then build up a number of credible babyfaces any one of which could potentially dethrone her. That won't happen if we get the second coming of Shayna, but this time with her lackeys helping her make everyone look even worse.

·
Registered
8,589 Posts
Well, Candice just beat Shayna on the national tour last night, so who knows what's going on? Looks like it was clean too.

Ciampa also beat Cole and Gargano in a triple threat.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Well, Candice just beat Shayna on the national tour last night, so who knows what's going on? Looks like it was clean too.

Ciampa also beat Cole and Gargano in a triple threat.
They did the same match in Buffalo 2 nights earlier and Shayna went over.

Well, they were in Ohio, Gargano's home state, so maybe something to send the crowd home happy.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Looks like for house shows they really just throw shit together and tone done the spots. Was expecting ricochet to do some high flying shit.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Yeah, it's just a house show. But at the end of the day, Marina and Jessamin are both way too inexperienced still, and shouldn't be pushed this hard. No other woman in WWE at their experience level has been pushed as hard as this.

Not that it matters anyways. I'm almost willing to bet actual money the moment that Ronda leaves the company, that Shayna, Marina, and Jessamin (if they are still around) will all be buried alive. Their value is tied solely to Ronda. If she leaves, their value completely collapses.
What are you talking about? They haven't been pushed at all. The only time they have been on TV is when they are sitting in the crowd. They have done literally nothing. These girls getting experience at house shows doesn't mean anything.

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
11,036 Posts
Reactions: Mordecay

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #117 (Edited)
Not for nothing, but that triple threat is what I think the bookers had in mind for the Black-Ciampa-Gargano match. Would have been a ton of psychology involved, can Gargano work with Ciampa, would Gargano make a save to breakup a Black pin on Ciampa etc. You'd force Ciampa and Gargano to have to work with each other and even aid each other a times. It would have been great.

They should have just threw in a new third person into the title match to tell that same story rather than another singles match with LMS rules.

·
Registered
24,491 Posts
We could have gotten that spot at Takeover :mj2 .

They should have just threw in a new third person into the title match to tell that same story rather than another singles match with LMS rules.
Agreed. Hell, would have been as easy as doing a Battle Royal to start the show and the winner get a spot in the main event. Could have even thrown Ohno in there just to be the fall guy.

·
Registered
8,589 Posts
I think they're trying to get them as much experience working with good workers as possible. They still don't seem anywhere near ready for TV yet.

Even so, this is getting fucking ridiculous. Nobody cares about the UFC horsewomen, whether wrestling or MMA fans.

Io will be at tomorrow's show. She and Kairi will probably have the honor of trying to carry the horseshitwomen to a good match again.

Edit: Candice got pinned.

Dream also took on Ciampa again.

101 - 120 of 408 Posts