Wrestling Forum banner

81 - 100 of 408 Posts

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,649 Posts
:lmao

People are so salty about the 4HW. It's really hilarious. They haven't even debuted on tv and people are so mad.
Let's see, Ronda is already champion after 4 matches and Shayna just had the worst, most boring title reign in the history of the NXT womens title, so you can't blame us for being a bit worried.

·
#1 Somamaniac
13,620 Posts
Let's see, Ronda is already champion after 4 matches and Shayna just had the worst, most boring title reign in the history of the NXT womens title, so you can't blame us for being a bit worried.
Shayna had a great title reign in my opinion :shrug

Also, that's hardly a fair reason to be so against two rookies before they even debuted on TV.

·
Custom User Title
6,555 Posts
It's worth noting that Jessamin and Marina apparently refused to take any real bumps either. This is going to be a real problem if they are fast tracked to the main roster like this. Dave talked about it in the latest newsletter, but they relied mostly on rest holds, judo throws, and strikes. No real spots or anything.

Perhaps, but she shouldn't win the title back. Her time in the spotlight should be over. Her winning the title back would be an absolute disaster for the division. Because again, she has torn through every single babyface on NXT TV right now, except for Kairi.

·
#1 Somamaniac
13,620 Posts
It's worth noting that Jessamin and Marina apparently refused to take any real bumps either. This is going to be a real problem if they are fast tracked to the main roster like this. Dave talked about it in the latest newsletter, but they relied mostly on rest holds, judo throws, and strikes. No real spots or anything.

Perhaps, but she shouldn't win the title back. Her time in the spotlight should be over. Her winning the title back would be an absolute disaster for the division. Because again, she has torn through every single babyface on NXT TV right now, except for Kairi.
"real spots" - Sorry this quote just cracks me up. It's up there with the she doesn't run the ropes comment a few months back. :lol

And who says I'm arguing for another title reign? I'm just saying I enjoyed title reign.

·
Registered
8,589 Posts
With Bianca being positioned for a title shot (again all but confirmed last night), it's unlikely that Shayna takes the title back. If they wanted it on her, they wouldn't have taken it off her in Brooklyn. Probably. You never know when it comes to their obsession with this horsewomen crap, which is why I was wary to begin with.

It's notable too that they're going over teams with lower tiered talent. Dakota is basically the lowest babyface on the totem pole in NXT now and Nikki is in the Kassius Ohno role for the women at this point. Deonna is getting jobbed out too.

I think they want to give Io some experience working the WWE ring since she's gonna be pushed right out of the gate when she gets to TV. Plus it makes sense if they want to give the other two some experience because it's Io Shirai we're talking about. I guess.

I just hope they are indeed, fast tracked to the main roster. The women's division is a shamble there anyway. NXT's is finally in rebuilding mode and can be great for the next year if it avoids this apocalypse.

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
Hey WWE, please stop having Shayna go over Dakota. Thank you :lol

I hate that they're using her as a babyface jobber. It's not like she's not experienced in the ring, she's been wrestling for a decade. It's funny though cos they seem to be booking her ok on that new NXT UK show but on the regular circuit, she does nothing but lose :confused

·
17,649 Posts
Is this something wrong with this thread? Can't see the most recent posts

·
Registered
8,589 Posts

Also, that's hardly a fair reason to be so against two rookies before they even debuted on TV.
If they give these two with zero experience, one of whom dropped Io on her head the last time, a rocket push and ruin the programming as a result, you can't blame them for being concerned.

Shayna was pushed too fast and while her reign wasn't bad (better than Ember's), it wasn't up to NXT women's title standards, which hasn't really been the same since Asuka vacated the title.

Now there's a chance to get it back up with Kairi and Io, and some impressive talent coming in from this year's tournament, so yeah, I can't blame people for being antsy about that possibility being ruined because these two rookies need a rocket push based on no merit other than being Ronda's friends.

While I doubt this, I do hope the main roster call ups are coming just to make sure it absolutely can't come to pass.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
I don't think Shayna will regain the title, but Dave speculated in the latest newsletter that the way the 4HW are being pushed, is that they are being fast tracked to the main roster. Apparently they are all in the fast lane classes at the PC as well.

For reference, there are several classes in the PC when it comes to the main roster stuff:

- Beginner Class: Basically you are a fresh rookie. Don't expect to be called up any time soon. You won't even be on tour.

- Intermediate Class: You'll be working the Florida Loop, but don't expect to appear on TV or be called up.

- Advanced Class: You'll be working national tours and on NXT TV. However you probably won't be called up yet.

- Preparation Class: You'll be getting called up soon. You'll be working on NXT TV and on the tours. This class is headed up by HBK.

Then there is the fast lane, where WWE just rushes through anyone they want on the main roster as soon as possible. Regardless, I don't see Shayna regaining the title, because the division will be in the same exact spot it was before Kairi won it. And NXT is generally pretty good at keeping fuckery out of their Takeover matches. I assume Shayna is probably going to get a rematch at Evolution or something, and lose there.

To be fair, the division kinda is in the same spot as it was months ago. We might have some Heels built up, however the entire babyface roster(sans Kairi)has been obliterated by Shayna.

Io might help a little in the short-term, but she's probably turning Heel to feud with Kairi.

Dakota's basically splitting time working NXT and NXT: UK, and right now she's basically a "gatekeeper".

Kairi & Nikki are basically their de facto Top Faces and they'll probably be called up to the main roster within a year's time.

And Candice, well after spending 2 months building her up as a legit competitor and not just "Johnny Gargano's wife", they have her do nothing at the recent tapings. Maybe she gets a backstage segment.......where she reprises her role as just "Johnny Gargano's wife".

Ugh, Kairi's got her work cut out for her.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
With Bianca being positioned for a title shot (again all but confirmed last night), it's unlikely that Shayna takes the title back. If they wanted it on her, they wouldn't have taken it off her in Brooklyn. Probably. You never know when it comes to their obsession with this horsewomen crap, which is why I was wary to begin with.

It's notable too that they're going over teams with lower tiered talent. Dakota is basically the lowest babyface on the totem pole in NXT now and Nikki is in the Kassius Ohno role for the women at this point. Deonna is getting jobbed out too.

I think they want to give Io some experience working the WWE ring since she's gonna be pushed right out of the gate when she gets to TV. Plus it makes sense if they want to give the other two some experience because it's Io Shirai we're talking about. I guess.

I just hope they are indeed, fast tracked to the main roster. The women's division is a shamble there anyway. NXT's is finally in rebuilding mode and can be great for the next year if it avoids this apocalypse.
Didn't they also beat Kairi Sane last weekend? I would hardly consider her a bottom-tier talent.

Funny, you talk about them bringing forth the apocalypse, considering the name their group is derived from.

·
Registered
8,589 Posts
Didn't they also beat Kairi Sane last weekend? I would hardly consider her a bottom-tier talent.

Funny, you talk about them bringing forth the apocalypse, considering the name their group is derived from.
They did, but it was Deonna who took the fall. That's what I mean here. Deonna shouldn't be, but they're jobbing her out quickly. I'm hoping this is all because they just want them to get experience working with some of the tops in the field. Thankfully the other two didn't show up in the tournament or the tapings.

And yes...let's just hope it was a coincidence.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
They did, but it was Deonna who took the fall. That's what I mean here. Deonna shouldn't be, but they're jobbing her out quickly. I'm hoping this is all because they just want them to get experience working with some of the tops in the field. Thankfully the other two didn't show up in the tournament or the tapings.

And yes...let's just hope it was a coincidence.

I can kinda understand Dakota taking the falls since she's being built as an underdog ala AJ Lee, Bayley, Sami Zayn, Johnny Gargano, Daniel Bryan, etc. But man, considering how decimated the Face roster is, you'd think NXT would start building up some Faces as well. Heaven forbid if Kairi Sane gets injured or something then they'd really be up a creek.

·
Registered
8,589 Posts
Lacey Lane also lost to Lacey Evans last night.

I mean, this is still just house show stuff. Bianca has lost plenty of house show matches but is undefeated in canon aside from her MYC loss to Kairi, but yeah, they really do need to start building up some babyfaces, especially if Io turns heel on Kairi (as she should).

·
Registered
8,589 Posts
Some notable things from tonight's show in Fort Pierce.

1. For those thinking Ciampa vs. Dream is the direction we seem to be headed in - the two had a match tonight. Someone described it as being awesome and TakeOver worthy. We'll see if these matches continue. I personally would hold off on this match until the Rumble TakeOver because Black still has unfinished business, but whenever it happens, I'm looking forward to it.

2. Io Shirai thankfully had a singles match tonight away from the UFC horsewomen. She squashed Aliyah and apparently looked great.

3. Rhea Ripley was in action. I think she had a match with Kacy Katanzaro, which kind of shows NXT is high on the latter.

·
Custom User Title
6,555 Posts
NXT House Show roster for the upcoming weekend. This includes both the Coconut Loop (Florida), and National group.

The only notable absence is Kairi, but that's because she's currently in Japan. Odds are she probably is also getting the time off due to Japan getting almost leveled by a typhoon and earthquake within the span of a week. And her hometown (Yamaguchi Prefecture) was one of the hardest hit areas when it came to the typhoon apparently.

·
Registered
8,589 Posts
Looks like Io might be getting the dubious honor of trying to carry the UFC horsewomen to a good match again. :eyeroll

One can only hope this won't affect the main programming.

·
Custom User Title
6,555 Posts
Looks like Io might be getting the dubious honor of trying to carry the UFC horsewomen to a good match again. :eyeroll

One can only hope this won't affect the main programming.
Marina isn't being advertised as one of the talents appearing on the tour. And even if she was, Shayna is on the national tour. I don't see Marina and Jessamin picking up a win without Shayna around.

·
17,649 Posts
In tonight's NXT house show in Buffalo, Ricochet had a surprise opponent... FUCKING Luke Harper :mark::mark::mark::mark::mark::mark::mark::done

I hope they recorded that much to air it later, that sounds like it is going to be freaking great

NXT is the best

Reactions: Dibil13

·
THE NXT CHAMP BAYBAY !
11,039 Posts
And in addition to that ^ the main event was Cole/Ciampa/Gargano

81 - 100 of 408 Posts