Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 80 of 408 Posts

·
Custom User Title
6,384 Posts
Worth noting that Marina, Jessamin, and Shayna beat Kairi, Io, and Deonna tonight, when Shayna submitted Deonna, while Marina and Jessamin held down Kairi and Io and forced them to watch.

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,636 Posts
It really helps to be Ronda's friend lol. Shayna became champion despite being boring af and still green, and now her other 2 friends are most likely getting rushed to the NXT/Main Roster. fuck this shit. And I know it's a 6 women tag, but lol'd at Io for losing her debut match, with that and the rumours of Tegan beating her being the original plan of MYC they don't seem as high on her as they were with Asuka or Kairi.

·
Custom User Title
6,384 Posts
It will be really fucking funny to see WWE try and spin Marina and Jessamin as successful in the UFC, by the way. They were complete and utter failures. All it takes is one simple google search to see that both Marina and Jessamin were the worst of the worst. And neither were popular. At all.

It really helps to be Ronda's friend lol. Shayna became champion despite being boring af and still green, and now her other 2 friends are most likely getting rushed to the NXT/Main Roster. fuck this shit. And I know it's a 6 women tag, but lol'd at Io for losing her debut match, with that and the rumours of Tegan beating her being the original plan of MYC they don't seem as high on her as they were with Asuka or Kairi.
It's a house show, so I wouldn't look into it too much. Kairi, Io, Deonna, Lacey Lane, and Kacy all drove off the UFC 4HW soon after the match.

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
Io wasn't pinned and she was supposed to win the tournament last year, so that might be going a step too far. I have no idea about this year but it might be because they want to legitimize the UK division, although now Meltzer said those rumors were wrong so who the fuck knows?

The only certainty I'd come to is that nepotism is a clear threat and this is the primary reason I didn't want Ronda to come in, even though her performances have been good.

Though to be fair, there wasn't really an obvious choice after Ember. Shayna was the best heel in the division to take it off her. I just hope the other two don't do what she did and that they never become champion. There are far better choices now.

·
#1 Somamaniac
13,608 Posts
Meh, don't see the problem tbh. Io didn't get pinned and Shayna does a heelish thing on the back of her loss. Sounds like people are just bitter about the MMA background more than anything else and making a bigger deal than it needs to be because of it, to be perfectly honest.

·
Custom User Title
6,384 Posts
Yeah, at the end of the day it's not a big deal. NXT house shows are almost never canon. Only when a title changes hands is when it becomes canon.

That being said, the moment Ronda leaves WWE is the moment the other members of the UFC 4HW become the biggest female jobbers in WWE.

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
Meh, don't see the problem tbh. Io didn't get pinned and Shayna does a heelish thing on the back of her loss. Sounds like people are just bitter about the MMA background more than anything else and making a bigger deal than it needs to be because of it, to be perfectly honest.
I think people are just on guard against nepotism, which they have a right to be.

But this is nothing unusual. I don't think we'll see any of it on TV either since the other two weren't even in the tournament. They probably have a while yet to go before they debut.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I was at this one. One of the best shows I've seen. Profits are a great live act. Matha is getting massive heat just by saying 'ladies and gentlemen' and starting a promo. Kacy is incredible for someone this early in her training and Lacey Lane brings some real physical action, not just hair tossing. Mendoza against some new guy was straight lucha work and adds a new dimension. Main event was a little average but it was really just introducing the mma team. Jessamyn and marina don't do that much. Might not be popular but shayna is pretty good. Very sharp with the crowd and brings a convincing menace.

·
Registered
11,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
I was at this one. One of the best shows I've seen. Profits are a great live act. Matha is getting massive heat just by saying 'ladies and gentlemen' and starting a promo. Kacy is incredible for someone this early in her training and Lacey Lane brings some real physical action, not just hair tossing. Mendoza against some new guy was straight lucha work and adds a new dimension. Main event was a little average but it was really just introducing the mma team. Jessamyn and marina don't do that much. Might not be popular but shayna is pretty good. Very sharp with the crowd and brings a convincing menace.
Humberto Carrillo tafka Ultimo Ninja (sans mask) wrestled Mendoza.

·
Custom User Title
6,384 Posts
It's worth noting that there are a few reports of where Io took the majority of the beating for the match, and that Jessamin and Marina ended up dropping Io on her head. HARD. I mean Io is almost certainly fine, but it goes to show you how much further the UFC 4HW have to go before they should be featured. Apparently their ring gear was far from good either. They were basically in workout clothes.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Ú
It's worth noting that there are a few reports of where Io took the majority of the beating for the match, and that Jessamin and Marina ended up dropping Io on her head. HARD. I mean Io is almost certainly fine, but it goes to show you how much further the UFC 4HW have to go before they should be featured. Apparently their ring gear was far from good either. They were basically in workout clothes.
Yup. Io took most of it (didn't notice the head thing) and the match was not good in any way. It was basically 'here are some famous people'. The earlier women's tag match was miles ahead. Unfair? Yes. As they say, it isn't about the wrestling.

(When I said the match was a little average, that was taking a positive view)

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Ú

Yup. Io took most of it (didn't notice the head thing) and the match was not good in any way. It was basically 'here are some famous people'. The earlier women's tag match was miles ahead. Unfair? Yes. As they say, it isn't about the wrestling.

(When I said the match was a little average, that was taking a positive view)

After hearing you guys talk about Io Shirai and now hearing this; all I can say is it must take a special breed of talent to have a clunker of a match against her.

·
Custom User Title
6,384 Posts
Dunno the exact outcome, but Marina, Jessamin, and Shayna defeated Io Shirai , Dakota Kai, and Nikki Cross tonight.

e: Apparently Dakota submitted to Shayna.

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,636 Posts
:lmao at the megapush to the HW, we are doomed

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Why do I get the feeling that Shayna isn't going anywhere and that she'll use her fellow HW(Shafir/Duke) to regain the title from Kairi?

·
Custom User Title
6,384 Posts
I don't think Shayna will regain the title, but Dave speculated in the latest newsletter that the way the 4HW are being pushed, is that they are being fast tracked to the main roster. Apparently they are all in the fast lane classes at the PC as well.

For reference, there are several classes in the PC when it comes to the main roster stuff:

- Beginner Class: Basically you are a fresh rookie. Don't expect to be called up any time soon. You won't even be on tour.

- Intermediate Class: You'll be working the Florida Loop, but don't expect to appear on TV or be called up.

- Advanced Class: You'll be working national tours and on NXT TV. However you probably won't be called up yet.

- Preparation Class: You'll be getting called up soon. You'll be working on NXT TV and on the tours. This class is headed up by HBK.

Then there is the fast lane, where WWE just rushes through anyone they want on the main roster as soon as possible. Regardless, I don't see Shayna regaining the title, because the division will be in the same exact spot it was before Kairi won it. And NXT is generally pretty good at keeping fuckery out of their Takeover matches. I assume Shayna is probably going to get a rematch at Evolution or something, and lose there.

61 - 80 of 408 Posts