Wrestling Forum banner

181 - 200 of 408 Posts

·
Custom User Title
6,554 Posts
Yeah, the new NXT female signees have been losing a decent amount on the house show circuit. Io has won maybe one or two matches since being a part of it. Otherwise she's been losing constantly to the UFC 4HW.

Mia has won two matches on the house show circuit, although I dunno if one of them should count. She beat Aliyah, but also her and Io beat Marina and Jessamyn via DQ when Shayna interfered.

WWE is doing a really poor job of spotlighting the actual talented people instead of Ronda's buddies. I know some are claiming they are the female version of The Shield, but the Shield at least has talent. And didn't get to where they were based on nepotism. I mean Shayna is okay to decent in the ring, but Marina and Jessamyn are still really fucking bad apparently.

Toni Storm hasn't even wrestled on any NXT house shows since signing an NXT UK deal.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Yeah, the new NXT female signees have been losing a decent amount on the house show circuit. Io has won maybe one or two matches since being a part of it. Otherwise she's been losing constantly to the UFC 4HW.

Mia has won two matches on the house show circuit, although I dunno if one of them should count. She beat Aliyah, but also her and Io beat Marina and Jessamyn via DQ when Shayna interfered.

WWE is doing a really poor job of spotlighting the actual talented people instead of Ronda's buddies. I know some are claiming they are the female version of The Shield, but the Shield at least has talent. And didn't get to where they were based on nepotism. I mean Shayna is okay to decent in the ring, but Marina and Jessamyn are still really fucking bad apparently.

Toni Storm hasn't even wrestled on any NXT house shows since signing an NXT UK deal.

Didn't you mention earlier how Toni Storm doesn't even want to work NXT House shows even when she's in the Florida area. That's going to be difficult when she does win the NXT UK Women's title since they do title defenses on these House shows. Even Pete Dunne has defended the UK title on occasion during these house shows during the Florida loop as well as the national tours.

I fail to see how the HW are like the Shield. All 3 menbers of the Shield had skillsets that complemented each other. You had 1 member that was the workhorse of the group, who can quuicken the pace of the match at a moment's notice(Rollins); you had one member who was the talker of the group, who is very unorthodox and wild(Ambrose); and then you had the enforcer of the group , who was explosive in short bursts(Reigns). I really don't see that dichotomy with Shayna & friends.

Them losing a bunch on house shows isn't surprising. I mean most of the NXT girls were jobbing on house shows before they became frequent mainstays of the NXT roster. Right now, the only people that the newcomers will be beating will probably be girls from the Performance Center or bottom-feeders like Aliyah/Vanessa Borne.

·
Custom User Title
6,554 Posts
Yeah, the extent to which Toni Storm has done any sort of work for NXT for is doing a meet and greet at a single house show. That's it.

·
Registered
17,497 Posts
Bare in mind Toni didn't sign a full contract. She's free to work in Japan and everywhere else she chooses. So her not working house shows isn't a surprise, because she doesn't have to.

·
Premium Member
9,965 Posts
Reactions: jacobrgroman

·
Premium Member
9,965 Posts
Don't the women usually have one?
I think they did last year. It's usually a men's one though. Bayley won the men's battle royal a few years back.

·
Premium Member
9,965 Posts
More of this year's costumes: Shane Thorne as Catwoman, Matt Riddle as a chicken, Mars as Mario. Jaxson Ryker, Johnny Gargano, and Aleister Black weren't in costume.

·
Registered
24,459 Posts
You know, when they said someone from NXT dressed up like Mandy Rose, I was hoping someone like Rhea, or Kacy, Lacey, or Taynara, or someone.

But seeing Otis in that get up......that might scar me for awhile.

Edit:

@zrc

·
Registered
11,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #198
I think they did last year. It's usually a men's one though. Bayley won the men's battle royal a few years back.
Also more than a few of the women would be at the Evolution location and thus not in town for the house show.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Surprised his debut match is a loss to Nick Miller. He is kinda Puerto Rican Corbin and I was expecting him to get pushed from the get-go considering WWE is also crying out for Hispanic stars. He's OK - nothing special - but solid

181 - 200 of 408 Posts