Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Rage (stylized as RAGE) is an upcoming first-person shooter in development by id Software. It will use the company's new id Tech 5 engine.The game was first shown as a tech demo on June 11, 2007, at Apple's WWDC, and was officially announced on August 2, 2007, at QuakeCon. On the same day, a trailer for the game was released by Gametrailers.com.

Information available so far indicates that the game takes place in a post-apocalyptic world similar to that of other popular video games such as Fallout and Metro 2033.[5] In an interview with GameSpot, designer Tim Willits revealed that the game is set in the near future following the impact of an asteroid. Matthew J. Costello, who worked on the plot of Doom 3, is also working on the Rage plot. Influences on the driving and racing gameplay include games such as MotorStorm and Burnout, according to another Willits interview by Shacknews. Players will be able to upgrade their cars with money won from races. Rage is id Software's new game franchise, built entirely on the company's latest proprietary engine, id Tech 5. Not much is known about the game itself, except that it takes place on an Earth recovering from an asteroid impact which has produced a post-apocalyptic wasteland environment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rage_(video_game)
www.rage.com

Alright, I know this game isn't coming out until next year, but come on, this game is going to be amazing. Fallout will be dead, and Rage will rise. It uses a new engine, and it looks gorgeous! Anyone else excited for this game? This will be the longest year of my life.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I'm an Id Software nut, so I'm frothing at the mouth at RAGE. I whole new IP from the kings of the FPS!

Fuck Infinity Ward, fuck Valve - this is going to rock.

·
EIRE
15,862 Posts
I'm an Id Software nut, so I'm frothing at the mouth at RAGE. I whole new IP from the kings of the FPS!

Fuck Infinity Ward, fuck Valve - this is going to rock.
The Half-Life series says hi.

Anyway, this looks decent but I'm not overly excited for it yet. I have enough post-apocalyptic stuff with Fallout 3 and New Vegas, so I don't think this is going to be very fresh for me. Time will tell though, it could be amazing for all I know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts