Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a great way to get people on tv ......... im tired of seeing the same people....... and EVERYBODY is in some kind of storyline.

i BELIEVE THERE SHOULD BE STORYLINES FOR TITLES ONLY OR KEEP IT TO FOUR STORIES

TAG - WORLD - KNOCKOUT - KNOCKOUT TAG

TV TITLE DOENST NEED A STORY..... IT EXPLAINS ITS SELF

I TRULY BELIEVE ERIC YOUNG / ODB IS A WASTE OF TIME...... NOBODY CARES ABOUT THEIR PRETEND WEDDING. (AT LEAST I HOPE IT WAS FAKE)

Oh my ... TNA has the (1) Abyss story - (2) odb/ey story (3) the hogan / roode/ storm/ ? story - (4.) madison rayne love interest (5) aj styles / dixier carter/ danniels / kaz story (8.) crimnson / morgan storyline (7.) flair / bischoff/ bischoffs son (8.) bully ray / aries story (9.) gail kim / velvet sky / tessmacher

How in the fuck do you write 9 stories with 2 hours of tv? :confused:

THEN........... dont forget they "alternate" talent ..... so im probably forgetting the random stories they force people like MIckie James MCMG etc etc into

That's like four hours of tv into a two hour show..... that's true nonstop action! LOl without a fucking pause. Dont even take a piss break on Impact... cuz every fucking thing is a story!

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
I think having a lot of stories is okay. I like it better than random matches. Sometimes it does feel like they're trying to cram in too much. But it doesn't bother me that much.

Your criticisms about how the show is written would be taken more seriously if you proof read your posts.
I doubt it. Most of us here really don't give a shit as long as the post is understandable.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Impact always needs a few random match's i remember in WCW days where they walk down the ramp and it'll be like "this'll be a great challenge for .......". Just to build up guys.

I think Tag Titles / Womens / TV title / X Division doesn't always need a storyline just that they are going for the title at the next ppv. Build it up by giving the challenger few match's on impact and perhaps getting the champions on the announce table.

Not every title fight / match has to have a massive storyline behind it... Sometimes its just simple... I've beaten every1 now i deserve a title shot..

·
Banned
966 Posts
I doubt it. Most of us here really don't give a shit as long as the post is understandable.
Not looking for perfection and everyone makes mistakes but it is hard to take someone seriously when they dont care about the presentation of what they are writing.

I can remember all angles and storylines these days which is a marked change from the Russo days.

·
TNA Believer
4,293 Posts
Story = Caring

Why do you think Angle/AJ and Hardy/Anderson were solid matches in Sacrifice but not over the top? TNA didn't give any story to support those matches.

you have to tell a good story, educate the fan to who are those guys, why are they fighting and why should i care about them. If you do this, you'll get the fans emotionally involved. And that's what makes the difference.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Story = Caring

Why do you think Angle/AJ and Hardy/Anderson were solid matches in Sacrifice but not over the top? TNA didn't give any story to support those matches.

you have to tell a good story, educate the fan to who are those guys, why are they fighting and why should i care about them. If you do this, you'll get the fans emotionally involved. And that's what makes the difference.
Hardy and Anderson could have been better if Anderson wasn't getting so darn sloppy.

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
Almost everything about TNA is fine with me right now except Hogan, Flair, Dixie, and Garrett being on TV, and AJ's booking.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
Okay so, TNA is too boring and at the same time they have too much storytelling?

- The TV title needs a story, with some decent wrestlers.
- Joseph Park is my favorite angle in main stream wrestling.
- EY/ODB is a classic WWF undercard couple, it reminds me eddie/chyna. When not overused like yesterday they can be funny... just put those tag titles in the trash bin.

Conclusion, in a time when TNA is doing long term storytelling it's weird too say they have too many storylines going on.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Exhibition matches?

Sounds good.

Unfortunately TNA likes to dedicate TV time to non-wrestling personalities which results in guys like Williams, Hernandez, Pope, Winter, and Rosita from being off TV while Hogan cuta a 20 minute promo in the ring. I don't mind random matches and 'too many storylines' is probably one of the dumbest things I have ever read on a wrestling forum (and that covers a lot). Everyone should always have something to do if they are going to be placed on my TV. I agree that Angle, Storm, Roode, Anderson, Hardy, etc. don't need to be on EVERY single episode. If it was me I would do a rotation of the top guys something along these lines:

week 1: Roode, Storm, Angle, Hardy

week 2: RVD, Anderson, Flair, Hogan

This would mean that RVD would not be on EVERY episode of Impact and because of that that would mean someone who doesn't get on (the people mentioned earlier in this post) will get a chance to shine as a spot fills up. Alternating this pattern will keep things fresh. I don't need to see Brooke Tessmacher EVERY week. Switch it up. The roster is big enough and

·
Registered
813 Posts
Pretty much every legit booker in wrestling agrees with you.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Story = Caring

He is talking about Impact, not a PPV.
Nitro had 10 matches every week, people cared.
There were no storylines, a Ric Flair interview, and a Ric Flair match.
Everyone and their grandma watched the show!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts