Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dude was hella over, hell he should get a WWE title run now, he's better than kofi and rollins, and the dude can still move and wrestle hella good and bump considering he's 47, better than all the part timers his age and HE'S FULL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!, R truth is an underrated goat

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Love me some Truth but wasn't this Summer of Punk? Not sure how he would have fit.
i think when, alberto was the champion after summerslam he could've replaced his role by winning the belt at hell in the cell and dropping the title to punk at survivor series, then the present timeline resumes

·
Cutting a Shoot Promo To Get Over
5,455 Posts
No and the main reason is timing as @bradater states. They were building to best (CM Punk vs John Cena) and the biggest (Rock vs Cena) matches of the era. Cena could not lose to R-Truth. If you want to make him transitional Miz > Truth > Cena then fine, but I'm still not sure the timing works 100% without going over the matches.

Even with better timing and even though I like R Truth, I'm not everyone is made for that role. Not everyone gets to be WWE champion.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No and the main reason is timing as @bradater states. They were building to best (CM Punk vs John Cena) and the biggest (Rock vs Cena) matches of the era. Cena could not lose to R-Truth. If you want to make him transitional Miz > Truth > Cena then fine, but I'm still not sure the timing works 100% without going over the matches.

Even with better timing and even though I like R Truth, I'm not everyone is made for that role. Not everyone gets to be WWE champion.
he could've filled albertos role tbh

·
Registered
594 Posts
R truth is probably the greatest comedic wrestler the WWE has ever had.
He has constantly kept himself fresh and reinserted himself into tv time, every time he became irrelevant.

But I doubt he would ever be a main event guy.
I will say this though. The guy is really under appreciated. He can be both funny and serious. His heel turn on John Morrisson should be in the top 5 heel turns. His acting and timing was top notch, especially his "Why did you make me do this!" Look.

·
Cutting a Shoot Promo To Get Over
5,455 Posts
he could've filled albertos role tbh
Yeah, he could of I suppose. Del Rio was nothing special.

Sorry, originally I thought you meant early 2011 as Truth was hotter and in the WWE title picture. If we get past the timing issue though, I still think he was never WWE Championship material. I fear we would look back on him the same way we do Swagger, Sheamus etc. Cena vs Truth for the WWE Championship was extremely forgettable.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, he could of I suppose. Del Rio was nothing special.

Sorry, originally I thought you meant early 2011 as Truth was hotter and in the WWE title picture. If we get past the timing issue though, I still think he was never WWE Championship material. I fear we would look back on him the same way we do Swagger, Sheamus etc. Cena vs Truth for the WWE Championship was extremely forgettable.
all guccis, you're probably right about that

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
He didn't need it and the title didn't need him. He had a great run that year doing his conspiracy gimmick until he fucked it up by getting suspended for drugs. That conspiracy gimmick got him feuds with John Cena, Triple H, CM Punk and The Rock, you can't do that gimmick as a heel if you hold the most prestigious title in the company.

The title also needed an injection of prestige after being held by The Miz for 6 months, being on Cena gave it that. In mid-2011 WWE treated it like it meant everything, CM Punk would have been willing to die to take it from him. If it was on Truth it wouldn't have been the same.

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
3,877 Posts
Let's not exaggerate things. Truth is great, but he only challenged at Capitol Punishment as filler to get Cena to Money in the Bank. There's a reason he's never had a PPV world title match since.

·
Registered
8,120 Posts
He was getting a push but CM Punk got so damn over, plus they catch him smoking some kind of weed, sucks because hes a genius of the art of promo.

·
Registered
22,335 Posts
If R Truth had become champion then he'd just be used as name fodder when folk talk about all the people that held world titles that shouldn't have.

That said Truth is funny as fuck and I wouldn't have minded it.

·
Sports Entertainment Enthusiast
809 Posts
man 2011 was weird

-del rio push fiasco
-awful wrestlemania
-miz top heel
-edge retires
-christian losing the title in 2 days
-truth top heel
-punk buried in the first half of that year because he didnt want renew his contract
-pipebomb
-supercena losing clean against punk
-bryan money in the bank
-henry reign of terror
-hhh burying punk
-horrible match hhh-nash ladder sledgehammer nobody wanted to see

·
Registered
11,769 Posts
Nah. If he was champion then impact of pipebomb and punks rise would have been lessened massively as punk beating truth for title at mitb has nowhere near the impact that punk beating cena for title does.

Also rock and cena agreed to match a year in advance so Cena losing to truth between that period would hurt his stock going into rock match. Would be equivalent of rock and Austin agreeing to match night after Wrestlemania 2000 and then rock getting beat for title by al snow a few weeks later

1 - 20 of 20 Posts