:heston

· Distant Relative of Former Def Jam President
18,487 Posts
Re: R Truth should win Universal title.

Reactions: Piers and Rain

· Registered
10,220 Posts

Listen, it can't be worse than whatever they are trying to do with Rollins. Truth is at least interesting. Anyone basing whether he should be near a title like that because of his age is an asshat. Age means nothing. If you're over, you're over and if you are over you're valuable. Truth is a very healthy 47 and he has the luxury of being a guy who hasn't taken the night in night out bumps the last few years. He's a solid worker and promo to boot. So if he is over enough that means he is valuable enough to be considered a viable option for a top title reign. I'm not saying that WWE should use him in such a manner. Shifting his act from comedy to serious is the only major issue that may preclude him from being a viable option as a potential top champion.

· Sassy Southern
Bless Your Heart
8,793 Posts

I've liked R-Truth for a long time and even wanted him to beat Cena for the WWE Championship like 8 years ago but of course that didn't happen.

It's 2019 though and I feel like R-Truth is in a good spot right now with the 24/7 Championship. In some ways, he gets more of a spotlight than the Universal Champion. He doesn't need to be Universal Champion or WWE Champion in order to have a great career.

· Premium Member
5,762 Posts

R-Truth Conspiracy Gimmick return and I'm all for it. He would easily jump back to being the most entertaining guy on the roster outside of a few others like he was in 2011.

I know he's 47, but I don't care, he'd make it entertaining for sure.

· Mamba Mentality
25,641 Posts
R-Truth should have been WWE Champion 8 years ago when he feuded with John Cena. Even if the win was merely for shock value. Even if his reign only lasted one night. Currently, Truth is gold doing his funny 24/7 Championship skits. Continue running with that and giving him TV time whenever possible because the act is entertaining.

· Registered
7,129 Posts
R-Truth should have been WWE Champion 8 years ago when he feuded with John Cena. Even if the win was merely for shock value. Even if his reign only lasted one night. Currently, Truth is gold doing his funny 24/7 Championship skits. Continue running with that and giving him TV time whenever possible because the act is entertaining.
He maybe would have if not for timing. The Cena/Punk MITB match was the following PPV. Having Truth win the belt would have hurt that story even if Cena won it back the next night. That was prime Super Cena, part of the big intrigue going into the match was "are they really gonna let Punk beat Cena?"

Truth definitely deserved a world title reign, the timing of his heel push was just unfortunate.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.