Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
SGT. AT ARMS
16,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why in the hell did R Truth pull Punk off Triple H and break up the pin when just minutes before that they dragged Punk on Triple H to help him win?

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Vince Russo returned and booked R Truth to make a swerve during the match and side with Triple H, but he was fired immediately after and it never got completed.

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
I thought I was the only one that noticed that. If Triple H is in the conspiracy according to them, why the fuck did they not let him lose?

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
Yeah, as much as I love Truth, he ruined that match for me on that fuck-up. It was just so confusing from then.

·
Asuka
96,217 Posts
Why is this one so hard to believe? Punk attacked him, he attacked back,
It still doesn't make any sense, because the whole point of them coming down there was to make sure that Triple H lost. They could beat down Punk all they wanted after the match, but the point is, Triple H must lose. What did he think was gonna happen if Triple H still had power after he came out and him and Miz started to beat the shit out of him? Of course they were gonna get fired, he put his own job in jeopardy by pulling Punk off.

It was stupid, there was no sense behind it.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I asked this on Monday and the best answer I got was courtesy of Truk83. Make of it what you will.

The reason Miz, and Truth placed Punk on top of HHH was so that Miz/Truth could take responsibility for getting rid of HHH as COO, so when HHH kicked out they're pissed naturally. However, once Punk hit the GTS on HHH, and then went for the pin it keeps Miz/Truth out of the picture, and hence the reason the pull Punk off of HHH for the pin(it takes them out of the spotlight). The idea from Miz/Truth is that they want the credit for Punk's success. Punk stops Nash from hitting the Jack Knife on HHH is simple. He is the face, and he doesn't want a "cheap" win from Nash, whom Punk obviously hates. Thus, to put himself over as a credible "face" Punk takes the finisher from Nash.

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
I guess it's because Truth is supposed to be crazy and wanted to beat up CM Punk a bit more.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I asked this on Monday and the best answer I got was courtesy of Truk83. Make of it what you will.
That... That kinda of makes sense.

EDIT: *Sigh* The quote didn't appear.

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
Why is this one so hard to believe? Punk attacked him, he attacked back,
Cause they came out in the match to ensure that Triple H LOST. Their whole beef was the conspiracy with Triple H as COO.

It's funny because if TNA did it, you would all say LOLTNA. But since WWE did something stupid as usual, you all try to defend it and look deep into it. You guys can be such hypocrites...

·
Registered
145 Posts
It still doesn't make any sense, because the whole point of them coming down there was to make sure that Triple H lost. They could beat down Punk all they wanted after the match, but the point is, Triple H must lose. What did he think was gonna happen if Triple H still had power after he came out and him and Miz started to beat the shit out of him? Of course they were gonna get fired, he put his own job in jeopardy by pulling Punk off.

It was stupid, there was no sense behind it.
So, a guy attacks you and tosses you out of the ring, so you get up, keep your cool and think logically? That line of thought is what makes no sense.

If you want to try this theory out, if you're ever in a fight(which is highly unlikely), and for whatever reason someone tries to help you, give him a shot right in the teeth. See what he does next.

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
That pretty much ruined the match for a lot of people. I'm pretty sure there wouldn't be so many confused fans who are currently calling it a clusterfuck etc if that part didn't happen.

·
Super Moderator
19,307 Posts
I like that reasoning. It actually makes sense in a nut-case sorta way...and that's what Truth's character is right now. I like it.

·
Registered
572 Posts
It makes most sense to me that he was dazed, so upon hearing the ref start counting he just jumps up and stops the pin, not really knowing who was about to win.

Any explanation is reaching, it was just bad story telling.

·
Registered
546 Posts
only thing I can think, sometime during the match after they threw punk on top of HHH, they realized HHH is not the conspirator, someone else was. This explains when they apologized the next day.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts