Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or is this guy really over with fans for someone who has been buried 10x Over?

I couldn't post a vid of him actually entering the ring (I'm not high enough apparently), but just look how the crowd interacts with him.

·
Administrator
59,280 Posts
He's not really over, over. He's over like, look at this comedy geek we like to laugh at, but don't take seriously over.

I hate face Truth. Always have. It's a shame they pulled the plug on his heel run so early. And I don't think he should have ever teamed with Miz. That hurt his run more because they made him out to be the dumb idiot.

·
Registered
14,605 Posts
Guy plays a half decent character, not much of that in the WWE right now, no wonder he's over.

·
Registered
664 Posts
As annoying as the "What's Up" entrance is, Truth is over. His Lil Jimmy/conspiracy heel run solidified him being over imo. He's a great main stay in the midcard.

·
Premium Member
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He's not really over, over. He's over like, look at this comedy geek we like to laugh at, but don't take seriously over.

I hate face Truth. Always have. It's a shame they pulled the plug on his heel run so early. And I don't think he should have ever teamed with Miz. That hurt his run more because they made him out to be the dumb idiot.
Yes, but his Gimmick only seems like Comedy because of him losing matches and losing them in like 2 minutes.
There's videos on youtube of the crowd going wild for him.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
R-Truth has always been over, WWE just doesn't use him correctly or much at all. He's good if you let him do what he does and give him time. I enjoyed his heel run with Miz SOOOOOO MUCH. Like Miz was that white guy friend of his who got a "hood pass". I laughed my ass off at everything those two did.

His inclusion in the ladder match at WM31 is random, but he deserves some shine. Even if it is out of nowhere with no credible build up. Gotta start somewhere, right? I mean, a lot of WWE characters are stagnant for YEARS sometimes.

·
Banned
4,498 Posts
Always liked R- Truth. Underrated worker and really cool dude. He could've been a top baby face if booked properly. He is just likeable.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I still remember him at spring 2011. before summer of Punk he's most interesting guy and best heel in the roster. he is also the one who (kayfabe) complain about Cena hogging main event scene too much before Punk did too.

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
He's just underutilized. In 2011 when they gave him a chance, he showed his talent on the mic as well as his charisma. Was so good as a heel, I legit didn't mind him becoming champion back then but he got suspended and they turned him back into a comedy face and he's been irrelevant ever since. His ring work sucks but even as a workrate mark I never minded that because he's been entertaining on the mic.

·
WWE plant
4,058 Posts
Turth's career highlight was him turning heel. Everything was perfect, the whole smoking thing that crossed a real life line, the little jimmy schtick (back when it was good), his arachnophobia skits, the Riley/Randy/Little Jimmy promo and the glorious Awesome Truth run after that.

Until he fucked everything up himself.

Now he's a comedy goof that's just really hard to get behind if you're not 12.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
₵A$H®;46076714 said:
The Awesome Truth was perfect. They never should've split them up in the first place.

:zayn3
I am sure a lot of things would've changed if Awesome Truth didn't split , Miz and Truth would be at least in the upper midcard .

·
Registered
485 Posts
He is a bottom of the bottom level jobber, and now he's getting an IC title shot. I don't get it. His gimmick annoys the hell out of me, and epitomizes what is wrong with today's PG-era WWE.

"WHOOOP THERE IT IS!".. Really?

:eek:ut

·
Redesign. Rebuild. Reclaim.
1,254 Posts
Turth's career highlight was him turning heel. Everything was perfect, the whole smoking thing that crossed a real life line, the little jimmy schtick (back when it was good), his arachnophobia skits, the Riley/Randy/Little Jimmy promo and the glorious Awesome Truth run after that.

Until he fucked everything up himself.

Now he's a comedy goof that's just really hard to get behind if you're not 12.
Curious, how did he fuck things up? Did he fail a drug test or something?

·
Banned
2,322 Posts
I find him pretty funny. He was gold back in 2011 when he turned heel. He had me laughing out loud with the sheer random antics he was getting up to.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
R-Truth is actually a pretty solid worker and is over with the fans, he just never really gets a push. I wouldn't expect one either seeing as the guy is already 43 years old (though he definitely doesn't look it)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.