Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about this and how succesful Truth was with his newfound gimmick change. With Punk, Cena, and Miz (and essentially Del Rio in terms of support from management if not from the fans) ahead of him in the WWE Title pecking order, how about giving Truth the US title while letting him continue his involvement in the conspircay storyline as Miz's partner while having him occasionally defend against a midcard challenger.

R-Truth doesn't even need an actual rivalry with an up-and-coming midcarder, he's simply a good enough heel that he'll elevate whoever beats him regardless of how little heat there is between him and his challenger so long as R-Truth is given plenty of mic time and remains near the top of the card. I don't hate Ziggler, but R-Truth is clearly the one with the brighter star.

What do y'all think?

·
Roll the tape monkeys!!
91 Posts
I like your thoughts! one thing bothers me about R-truth's character-He tends to go into Santino comedy mode IMO-If he removed that (He can still be crazy-just not "dumb"crazy,Sheamus as well!) He'd be a wicked heel champion-Angry man with a grudge a'la Mark Henry are the best kind of heels-they are all chicken-crap heels today- Del Rio, Christian.So yeah Give him the strap!!

·
Registered
363 Posts
R-Truth doesn't need any championship as long as the conspiracy angle is hot. Him being champ would make his gimmick pointless. He could win the title as psycho heel gimmick once conspiracy angle is done.

At some point, I'm sure we will see this:

·
Registered
694 Posts
R-Truth doesn't need any championship as long as the conspiracy angle is hot. being champ would make his gimmick pointless. He could win the title as psycho heel gimmick once conspiracy angle is done.

Exactly. Why would a champion run around talking about a conspiracy?

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
to make the champion look paranoid as if
nobody wants him to be a champ and someone
n management wants to strip him of it ;~0

·
Registered
1,134 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
R-Truth doesn't need any championship as long as the conspiracy angle is hot. Him being champ would make his gimmick pointless. He could win the title as psycho heel gimmick once conspiracy angle is done.

Agreed

·
Registered
14,221 Posts
I agree giving him a belt would hurt his character. He's one of the most interesting characters in the WWE right now, don't ruin it.

·
All Out
2,790 Posts

True. Hell if they sent him to SMACKDOWN after the conspiracy storyline finishes, he could eventually be placed in a World Title feud IMO...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts