Wrestling Forum banner

R-Truth ahead of Daniel Bryan?

3384 Views 62 Replies 27 Participants Last post by  partibrejker
Someone please give me a logical explanation as to why R-Truth had a spot in the chamber while DB was in a dark match last night against DiBiase? Bryan, Punk and Morrison would've put on a hell of a show in the EC. R-Truth did nothing and jobbed after three minutes. He might as well have not even been in the match.

I don't understand the booking decisions sometimes. What are your thoughts on this?
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

· Banned
5,112 Posts
R-Truth was in there to get creamed by Sheamus. Would you have preferred that be Bryan? NO! If it was Bryan you'd get even more people bitching that he was buried.

· Banned
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
R-Truth was in there to get creamed by Sheamus. Would you have preferred that be Bryan? NO! If it was Bryan you'd get even more people bitching that he was buried.
Why does Sheamus need to "cream" somebody? He can still look like a beast without doing that. I wouldn't care if Bryan got pinned clean by Sheamus as long as he got to do his thing for 10+ minutes first and make the main event more entertaining.

· Registered
7,766 Posts
Except for the very first one, the EC match have featured wrestlers who were there simply as filler.

WWE doesn't have 6 top stars to put in the match.

Bryan wasn't gonna have a great showing in the match because the other wrestler are biggest stars then him.
He'd be used the exact same way Truth was used.

· Banned
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Except for the very first one, the EC match have featured wrestlers who were there simply as filler.

WWE doesn't have 6 top stars to put in the match so there's bound to be filler.
Except they do. I would've taken Bryan or even DiBiase over R-Truth in that match.

I'm also pissed that they replaced Ziggler with Big Show. I remember how happy I was watching Big Show lose his qualifying match on Smackdown a few weeks ago.

· Registered
7,766 Posts
Except they do. I would've taken Bryan or even DiBiase over R-Truth in that match.

I'm also pissed that they replaced Ziggler with Big Show. I remember how happy I was watching Big Show lose his qualifying match on Smackdown a few weeks ago.
Cena
Orton
Punk
Sheamus
Morrison

Bryan isn't in any of there leagues.
Bryan would've just gotten quickly beat and eliminated from the match,
pissing off some people who foolishly thought he'd put on a great showing.

· Banned
5,112 Posts
Why does Sheamus need to "cream" somebody? He can still look like a beast without doing that. I wouldn't care if Bryan got pinned clean by Sheamus as long as he got to do his thing for 10+ minutes first and make the main event more entertaining.
R-Truth was there to add to Sheamus being put over. Deal with it.

· The Man
27,709 Posts
Bryan could have been in the match lost and still look great. Why does Sheamus have to cream him. Just being in the Mainevent would help him greatly. Rtruth in there didn't make any sense to me I don't even remember one thing he did. I'm just as pissed Show was in the EC match too after losing his qualifier. Then u have Christian come out for the save so if he was ready why not have him in the match instead. Did we need to monsters in the ring.

· Registered
7,766 Posts
Bryan could have been in the match lost and still look great. Why does Sheamus have to cream him. Just being in the Mainevent would help him greatly. Rtruth in there didn't make any sense to me I don't even remember one thing he did. I'm just as pissed Show was in the EC match too after losing his qualifier. Then u have Christian come out for the save so if he was ready why not have him in the match instead. Did we need to monsters in the ring.
Bryan being in the match wouldn't have made sense either.

The same thing that happened to Truth would've happen to Bryan.

AS I recall, R-Truth even back-doored his way into the match via receiving a disqualifying beatdown from Mason Ryan.
Actually it was a RAW battle royal.

The winner of the battle royal (which was Jerry Lawler) would face Miz, while the other 6 men would compete in the EC match.

Truth was one of the 6 men.

· Banned
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cena
Orton
Punk
Sheamus
Morrison

Bryan isn't in any of there leagues.
Bryan would've just gotten quickly beat and eliminated from the match,
pissing off some people who foolish thought he'd put on a great showing.
R-Truth is even further away from being in their leagues. Bryan is actually pretty over with the crowd. I think if they wanted to mega-push him tomorrow, he'd fit right in with the other main eventers. Bottom line is, even if DB was playing the filler role and got 10+ minutes to entertain us in there, it would've been way better than putting R-Truth in there for three minutes. Take those three minutes away and it was pretty much a five-man match last night.

· Registered
7,766 Posts
R-Truth is even further away from being in their leagues. Bryan is actually pretty over with the crowd. I think if they wanted to mega-push him tomorrow, he'd fit right in with the other main eventers. Bottom line is, even if DB was playing the filler role and got 10+ minutes to entertain us in there, it would've been way better than putting R-Truth in there for three minutes. Take those three minutes away and it was pretty much a five-man match last night.
and that's why R-Truth was used as filler, just someone to full the 6th spot.
Bryan wouldn't have gotten 10 mins in the match.

· Registered
109 Posts
Bryan being in the match wouldn't have made sense either.

The same thing that happened to Truth would've happen to Bryan.

Actually it was a RAW battle royal.

The winner of the battle royal (which was Jerry Lawler) would face Miz, while the other 6 men would compete in the EC match.

Truth was one of the 6 men.
AH, that's right. I remember now. It was just a Nexus night of hurting people for Punk.

· The Man
27,709 Posts
Bryan in the match would make sense how does it make sense that Truth was in there. Bryan is a champ and he had a long feud with Miz. Wouldn't he wanna face Miz for the title at wrestlemania so we'd get champ vs champ. How does anyone disagree I'm sure everyone would have rather had DB over Truth. Just being in it would have helped him alot. Look at Drew on smackdown noone thought he'd win he didn't but was great while he was in it. DB could have made the match so much better.

· Registered
7,766 Posts
Bryan in the match would make sense how does it make sense that Truth was in there. Bryan is a champ and he had a long feud with Miz. Wouldn't he wanna face Miz for the title at wrestlemania so we'd get champ vs champ. How does anyone disagree I'm sure everyone would have rather had DB over Truth. Just being in it would have helped him alot. Look at Drew on smackdown noone thought he'd win he didn't but was great while he was in it. DB could have made the match so much better.
As a huge Daniel Byran fan, i wouldn't have wanted him to be in the match.
He wouldn't have a huge role in the match and surely would've been the first eliminated.

· Banned
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
and that's why R-Truth was used as filler, just someone to full the 6th spot.
Bryan wouldn't have gotten 10 mins in the match.
Okay, actually explain to me why there even needs to be a "filler" role in the first place. It's a SIX-man elimination chamber match. I want to see six guys destroy each other, not five. That's what we pay for. Also, the minimum time that anyone should be in the match, imo, is 8-10 minutes. Otherwise, what was the fucking point?

But let's forget that and say that the filler spot is mandatory, as WWE seems to always do it with EC matches. There's no reason why DB couldn't have been the filler. Even if they only gave him 5 minutes. That's all DB needs anyway. Then have Sheamus fuck him up and pin him. I would much rather see that than find out he has been downgraded to a dark match with DiBiase. That's where R-Truth belongs, honestly.

So when you reply to this, actually explain to me why Daniel Bryan is better suited for a dark match, and why R-Truth is better suited to make King Sheamus look good in the main event of the PPV? I want to hear this and understand your point of view.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.