Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 3778 Posts

·
Administrator
59,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ya, so this is the place to discuss what you're currently listening to, your favorite songs and artists from back then, and just a chance to reminisce.

R.Kelly, Maxwell, Babyface, Mary J, etc. We don't have quality like that anymore. I'll be posting some youtube vids of random songs shortly.

·
Registered
305 Posts
re: Classic R&B Thread

90's R&B was pimp tight. I don't hear enough of it on the radio. Hear a lot of pop, from all eras, but seems they ignore the black gold.

·
Mamba Mentality
26,071 Posts

Oh man I grew up with this music! A lot of it was probably inappropriate for a kid but I still love this era.

·
Administrator
59,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

YES Clique! I remember people use to say that R.Kelly stole Aaron Hall's way of singing. He did sound just like him.

I might have to rename this thread old school R&B since this next song was actually made in 88, but it was still a hot song in the early 90's:

I loved the whole style of dance in the late 80's/early 90's.

Up next, my favorite song from Maxwell, and one of my top five favorite R&B tracks of all time:

·
Mamba Mentality
26,071 Posts

You had so many groups back then too. Jodeci, Bell Biv Devoe, LSG, SWV, En Vogue, 112, Boys 2 Men, Dru Hill, and so on. It feels like that was the last era groups had a strong presence in the U.S. music scene.

Oh, Kells is a special talent in singing, writing and producing. The man has slow jams for days that can just sit on repeat. He's certainly pick up some stuff from others to mold his style.

·
Administrator
59,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Babyface was smooth.
You had so many groups back then too. Jodeci, Bell Biv Devoe, LSG, SWV, En Vogue, 112, Boys 2 Men, Dru Hill, and so on. It feels like that was the last era groups had a strong presence in the U.S. music scene.

Oh, Kells is a special talent in singing, writing and producing. The man has slow jams for days that can just sit on repeat. He's certainly pick up some stuff from others to mold his style.
And all of the groups were talented. No doubt in regards to Kells. Just play the whole 12 play album and you'll be set lol.

^That song reminds me of Babyface-Whip Appeal.

1 - 20 of 3778 Posts