Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It was Boston, and it was the go-home RAW before a big 4 PPV. And yet I can't recall the last time a brawl or invasion having elicited such flat crowd reactions. Relative to the sea of humanity and chaos in the ring.

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
It didn't help that Smackdown didn't have any of the top stars in that brawl. No Roman, Daniel Bryan, Braun, New Day, Corbin, Elias, Nakamura. or Miz.

·
Custom User Title
6,366 Posts
I think it has to do with the fact that they had to sit through a shitty finish to the Owens/McIntyre match, a generic Heyman promo, and watch Nattie control most of a match with Asuka. Despite the fact that Nattie is the least interesting woman on the roster, and despite being a face, told the audience to shut up for whatever reason.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I think it has to do with the fact that they had to sit through a shitty finish to the Owens/McIntyre match, a generic Heyman promo, and watch Nattie control most of a match with Asuka. Despite the fact that Nattie is the least interesting woman on the roster, and despite being a face, told the audience to shut up for whatever reason.
She also did that when she was working babyface in Canada against Becky.

·
8,611 Posts
there were a few good matches. owens vs mcintyre was good. the characters just feel minor and sterile(due to the environment that was created) so it’s hard to get excited. no star power on the show besides maybe rollins, and even he is so so.

·
Registered
16,224 Posts
i was there. it just felt like i sat through a show with no stars. i have no reason to care about most of these people.
That's pretty sad. To be honest, I remember one time I used to get excited when they would come in the area and now when they do I don't even care anymore because I know it's a boring show

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
6,763 Posts
WWE is not giving them any reason to give a shit. They're bored AF. What are the stakes in this invasion angle? Having un-built nobodies and catering geeks fight non-sensically every week is not gonna work. I honestly think people are starting to see just HOW BAD WWE booking is now that AEW is booking a wrestling show HOW IT SHOULD ACTUALLY BE BOOKED.

·
Baby Yoda
29,356 Posts
The product is dead and the crowd is reflective of it, WWE crowds are dead every week.

We're seeing history, the evil empire is falling before our very eyes.

i was there. it just felt like i sat through a show with no stars. i have no reason to care about most of these people.
There are no stars, they had 100 people out there at the end and not a single one of them was a star. And the ones that were, they killed them in a pathetic attempt to get some geeks over who couldn't get over. All that accomplished was turning the stars they had into geeks for losing to/getting beat by geeks.

FFS Lucha House Party were beating Seth Rollins ass tonight - this dude beat Brock Lesnar while injured and he's out here getting beat by a group Braun Strowman killed in seconds MULTIPLE TIMES earlier this year? Fuck off :punkout

This company is so done once they run out of AE stars to wheel out, the current generation is bad and they don't draw but the new generation are probably even worse. What a sorry state of a affairs, fuck is it bad for them nor do I think they're capable of turning it around.

·
Registered
225 Posts
It was Boston, and it was the go-home RAW before a big 4 PPV. And yet I can't recall the last time a brawl or invasion having elicited such flat crowd reactions. Relative to the sea of humanity and chaos in the ring.
I was thinking the same thing. Compare it to the Invasion of 2001 when Stone Cold arrives to help out team WWE - The place erupted. You could barely hear JR through the entire fight during the fracas. Last night's crowd didn't give shit. As someone else pointed out, there weren't really any stars featured either but hey, that's where we are with WWE in 2019.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I dont see how anyone can be invested in this invasion story. It happens every year for Survivor Series. As soon as it finishes it goes back to normal. Nothing is really accomplished. Its just lazy. No wonder people done care.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts