Wrestling Forum banner

Questions.......?

960 Views 12 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  KK Punk
Some things I have wondered about.

1. Was Rey ever heel?
2. What was the best fued post-attitude era too you?
3. Was Cena heel?
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
244 Posts
1. not that I can think of, but i'm sure Russo turned him in WCW near the end just to shock people or something.

2. you could take your pick from Ring of Honor feuds. Punk vs. ROH, Bryan vs. Joe, Nigel vs. Bryan, Briscoes vs. Age of the fall

3. Before he was a mega star yes, as the rapper. But his funny raps caused the fans to turn him face.

· Registered
4,841 Posts
Some things I have wondered about.

1. Was Rey ever heel?
Yes as part of the Filthy Animals after losing his mask in WCW surprisingly it was the fans who turned him not creative choosing to favor Curt Hennig and the West Texan ******** over the rap themed filthy Animals.

· Registered
372 Posts
Yes Rey was a heel, shortly after losing his mask in WCW, and john cena aswell around 2003 I think, but I'm not sure. And my favourite feud post attitude era was heel Rock vs Austin in 2003.

· The Winds of Change
5,629 Posts
1. Rey has never been heel in WWE, he had a short heel stint with the Filthy Animals in WCW though.

2. Depends on when you are defining the "end of the Attitude Era" as. If 2002 is fair game then I think HBK/Triple H had a pretty good feud. Lesnar/Angle was also a great feud. However, HBK/Jericho in both 2003 AND 2008 were awesome and I think would get my vote(s).

3. Yes, Cena was a heel under his old rapper gimmick.

· Banned
4,575 Posts
1. Yes.
2. Edge/Cena
3. Yes.

· Registered
206 Posts
1. A few times, early on in his career, nothing notable. Rey was briefly a heel near the beginning of the Filthy Animals stable in WCW (as other posters have pointed out. And Rey was also treated as a Heel during One Night Stand 2006 when he wrestled Sabu, dressed similar to his ECW days, but continued using his WWE moves, taunts, etc (obviously they knew what reception this would get from the ECW fans, so they went with it, having all the WWE guys, minus Angle and Big Show, Heel)

2. Its a toss up between, Triple H Vs Shawn Michaels (2002-2004) and Mick Foley Vs Randy Orton (2003-2004)

3. From early 2003 to late 2003 he worked as a Heel, before turning Face

· Registered
7,601 Posts
1. As already said Rey Mysterio was a heel when he was a part of The Filthy Animals stable alongside Konnan, Eddie Guerrero, Juventud Guerrera and Billy Kidman but he also was as a part of The New Blood stable as well. I know that The New Blood were heels but without going into the darkest parts of my mind to relive WCW in 2000-2001 i can't remember if The Filthy Animals were a group within a group and were all a part of The New Blood or not.

2. Post Attitude Era i would have to say either Shawn Michaels/Triple H from in between 2002 and 2004 or John Cena/Edge from 2006 as both were probably the best long term feuds that we have seen from WWE since 2001 in Stone Cold Steve Austin/The Rock.

3. John Cena turned heel after attacking Billy Kidman i believe sometime around halloween in 2002 and stayed as a heel until a couple of weeks before Survivor Series in 2003 when he joined Team Angle. John Cena was a great heel who had some great feuds with Eddie Guerrero over the US title, Kurt Angle i think, Brock Lesnar and The Undertaker but became so over as a heel he was cheered as a face and was turned face.

· Kit Kat
229 Posts
Seen Russo's name mentioned here in a couple of posts and it got me to thinking (so lets add another question into the mix)

Do you think that Vince Russo gets his kids up in the morning and dresses them for School, only to take them to the Zoo instead, you know, just for the swerve.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.