Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not this specific Rumble, but any Rumble match.

I've tried using the all knowing Google to find answers, but I'm impatient so I don't have 8 months to dedicate to this.

Does anyone know if ANY part of the order is a random draw? Or how much of the match is left up to the guys in the ring to write?

Obviously the winner is heavily predetermined. And the final 3-4 can't exactly be all jobbers in the ring with the winner.

Do you think perhaps they could actually draw the numbers, and then write the rest of the match around that?

Maybe let all the jobbers that have no use in the match other than bodies and eliminations pick random numbers after all of the main guys get assigned their entry?

Perhaps they just have an "idea" of where they want people to enter? Like they want a certain 5 guys to be the first 5, so they get those 5 guys and let them draw from 1 through 5?

And how much of the match do you think is predetermined? Clearly, the ending, certain guys eliminating others (Bray gets major heat for tossing out DB), Kofi's yearly stunt, and stuff like that are planned. But, are the eliminations sort of up for grabs? Do you think Vince tells everyone which jobbers they are eliminating, and in what order?

These are just some of my thoughts. I'd love to hear from you guys on this.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah damn, I was afraid of that. I was just hopeful that the most "unpredictable" match wasn't entirely scripted.

Before this thread is inevitably closed, do you mind if I ask how you came to this conclusion. I'm not doubting you, just curious as to how you got the information.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Because they have to know who goes out at what time and who eliminates who that way if you have an Alex Riley size screw up you can adjust the storyline accordingly.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Kofis spots are pretty irritating he seems to do it and then just get chucked out nearly straight after.

Plus his spot didn't make sense to me this year, wouldn't those people want Adam rose to win so why would help another wrestler?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts