Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
3,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long did this go on? And why did it stop?

I watched some of the opening match for Victory Road 2008. It seemed like an interesting idea. I also liked that it featured talent from other promotions rather than seeing the same guys you always see on the card. I wish they paced the spots a little bit more and slowed it down, but aside from that it was rather entertaining. It also made me realize that they passed up on a lot of good talent.

· Squared Circle Gimmick
5,636 Posts
Probably money...

Since Destination X is in July now. Hopefully the PPV will turn into an annual World X Cup Event.......

I'd also have the August PPV an All Hardcore Show... Hard"core" Justice should stick around... TNA Style......

· Registered
3,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it would be great to have once a year. It could be there King of the Ring.

It will be the closet thing to Americans having a Tokyo Dome show which features other promotions.

· Registered
553 Posts
One they had back in the weekly PPV days (2003?) was just brilliant. They did the whole thing in one show, and it was one of the best shows they did.

Shame Teddy Hart is such a fool, or he could have really used that as a launching pad for a great career.

· Registered
148 Posts
I wouldn't mind seeing it again, but there isn't a lot of logic for it. Basically it's them bringing in outside stars to wrestle in a tournament... and apparently, tournaments don't draw anymore (or so someone at TNA said after the 8 card stud series last year).

Even so, I would like to see it come back as just a single elimination X Division tournament... where they could just bring in one or two stars from Mexico or Japan.

· Registered
1,129 Posts
Fopefully next World X Cup will happen soon. At least that's a chance for Petey Williams to come back to TNA for a few matches. :)

· Registered
871 Posts
I still think that at the end of 2010, money matters permitting, that MCMG should have declared they were going to prove they were the best team in the world by giving an open challenge for the titles to any team in the world, and had all the World X Cup guys challenge them. Would have been awesome.

· Banned
2,204 Posts
It was an awesome idea IMO. They could have made it a bi-annual event, from a different country each time. Maybe on PPV or as a TV special.
First it was TNA vs Mexico, then it was Mexico vs Canada, then it was Mexico vs UK, all of which happend in one year.

Then they had a four team competition with Japan in 2004, for the first time the cup changed hands, Team USA got it finally. Then some reason Team Canada became regualrs. Then that was laidn to rest till 2006 at Sacrifice 2006

(WHICH BY THE WAY WAS SUPPOSED TO HAVE TEAM UK LED BY ALEX SHANE WITH WILLAIMS MCGUINESS FLEISH AND JONNY STORM AND A TEAM IRELAND AND A TEAM INDIA, ALL OF WHICH NEVER F*****G MATERIALISED:cuss::cussin:)

then another one two years later, with one team having a hodge podge of various countries, that came to a head at that amazing Four team elination match at Victory Road 2008 where Team Mexico won it again.

If tna were smart they would've tried getting all in that. The logic being is showing that there is variety in TNA and excepotance for countries outside of USA

· Registered
553 Posts
Ha, I remember that Team UK plan. Two of them (Williams and McGuinness?) wound up being booked in Japan, so Team Canada took over.

I think Sonjay Dutt constitutes Team India, and goodness knows who they would have got for Ireland (Fergal Devitt?)...

· Banned
2,204 Posts
Ha, I remember that Team UK plan. Two of them (Williams and McGuinness?) wound up being booked in Japan, so Team Canada took over.

I think Sonjay Dutt constitutes Team India, and goodness knows who they would have got for Ireland (Fergal Devitt?)...
Red Vinny, bingo Balance, Vic Viper and Paul Tracey ?

Sonjay Dutt could have gotten Justin richards RJ Singh and Curryman who in Kayfabe is originally from India or Sabu who in kayfabe is from Bombay

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.