Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know where to put this. I know this is the Classic wrestling section but it seems like that one poster is just flooding this section with all the Let's talk about this guy threads. Can the Mods do something about all this flooding???

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,013 Posts
I don't know where to put this. I know this is the Classic wrestling section but it seems like that one poster is just flooding this section with all the Let's talk about this guy threads. Can the Mods do something about all this flooding???
You could just ask me, but ok I'll stop, when I put my first one up (See British Bulldog one) ... I had a few PM's sent to me from users asking me to do more, and that they loved the topics, they also mention it within the posts, if you browse through.

But as per your request, I will do no more.

As I mentioned here, I asked for feedback first, I got a lot (including some PM's) ... but read this.

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/class...lk-about-british-bulldog-davey-boy-smith.html

But again, I will do no more!!!

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
I personally enjoy the threads and it's not one poster. There are two that are doing it now and that's cool. What is so bad about the threads, It is the CLassic Wrestling section. I will admit that maybe there are a few too many and some of the wrestlers may be a little too obscure, but I like the idea and see no reason to stop.

·
Premium Member
15,398 Posts
You could just ask me, but ok I'll stop, when I put my first one up (See British Bulldog one) ... I had a few PM's sent to me from users asking me to do more, and that they loved the topics, they also mention it within the posts, if you browse through.

But as per your request, I will do no more.

As I mentioned here, I asked for feedback first, I got a lot (including some PM's) ... but read this.

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/class...lk-about-british-bulldog-davey-boy-smith.html

But again, I will do no more!!!

Nah, continue doing them. I mean, unless the mods ask you to stop, you have no reason to, especially since just one guy has a problem with it.

It's kind of like those threads that idealstranger used to post.

·
18,013 Posts
Hmmm, yeah, they seemed to be pretty well received (I did get some PM's too from a couple of users saying they liked it also, which was quite surprising), and it did also make this section a little more active and good discussions, it's nice and different, and you get to learn a lot about others too, specially when it is wrestlers that tend to not get spoke about too much too, and then others relate, it gives the wrestlers credit and also the people involved, they were enjoying the thread, more enthusiasm here too, but if people are unhappy about it ... ya know ...

That's why I wrote what I wrote in the Bulldog thread originally, to see what people thought cause of this, I was really surprised by how much people seemed to really love them and my topics/threads .... guess you can't please everyone though, so ya know :)

·
18,013 Posts
Nah, continue doing them. I mean, unless the mods ask you to stop, you have no reason to, especially since just one guy has a problem with it.

It's kind of like those threads that idealstranger used to post.
You reckon? ... I'd like to, I enjoy them, I just don't want to piss people off, people seemed to like them also, this is the first one, out of what was very complimentary otherwise on them.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
You reckon? ... I'd like to, I enjoy them, I just don't want to piss people off, people seemed to like them also, this is the first one, out of what was very complimentary otherwise on them.
Berkajr is doing them now and honestly if you stop doing them I will probably pick it up myself. It's a fun idea. If nothing else it give people a place to reference great matches from wrestler of the past. Hell I didn't know there was a Dibiase/Flair match out there, but now I do.

·
18,013 Posts
Berkajr is doing them now and honestly if you stop doing them I will probably pick it up myself. It's a fun idea. If nothing else it give people a place to reference great matches from wrestler of the past. Hell I didn't know there was a Dibiase/Flair match out there, but now I do.
Yeah, people don't need to click thread they aren't interested in anyway I guess, like I say, I just don't wanna piss people off, it makes me hesitant about it now, but I do enjoy doing them also, I had a few idea's for others also here too along the line.

·
Registered
119 Posts
lol...the more classic wrestling discussions the better - even if I'm more inclined to read and enjoy others opinions than to actually participate - OP seems to be the minority......if there are older topics he, or anyone else want to read...they haven't been lost in time, you might have to go back a few pages (oh noes!!)

I say keep classic discussion rolling!

·
18,013 Posts
ok cool, well it does seem like the most popular thing here, people tend to love these kinda topics, we also get to learn things about wrestlers from each other, we probably never would have done.

For example, I love Tito Santana, but I had no idea he won a King Of The Ring tournament until a response in the Tito thread, without that thread, I'd have probably never have known this, so they're beneficial and people like them.

Again, not only has it been expressed here on the forum that people like them, but after the Bulldog one (which I asked for feedback on originally), I also got a few PM's too from members saying how they loved the topics and a couple of request one's ... which I didn't expect.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
I don't think there's much wrong with posting so many topics, but there is a limit. They may be good posts, but you could leave them a few days apart. Not only does it flood the subforum, it also hinders the discussion on half the ones you post, because you post so many that they get knocked back a page.

You should have posted one once a day or something.

It's kind of like going to an ice cream store, and some guy in front of you gets ten ice cream cones in a row (and lets say they take like 2 mins to make) before you get an order - and the worst part is, they're all for him, and he's only taking a bite from each.

Pretty bad analogy but eh

·
Dios perdona, los Perros... NO!
3,916 Posts
I don't think there's much wrong with posting so many topics, but there is a limit. They may be good posts, but you could leave them a few days apart. Not only does it flood the subforum, it also hinders the discussion on half the ones you post, because you post so many that they get knocked back a page
Except I don't see these as being time-specific like they would be in a contemporary environ. There will (or should) always be posters wishing to discuss a certain time period or wrestler. By having a thread open (and it sparking initial debate, which it has) it allows future posters to continue adding their thoughts instead of dispersing these ideas between threads or sections. I've not much knowledge on a few wrestlers mentioned (or to the point where I'd like to discuss something at length) but the discussions offered may spark my interest into exploring a specific wrestler and then coming back to the thread. Or, as I make my way through wrestling of the 80s (as I have been doing until I put it on the back-burner) I can return to these threads and add my two cents and bump the topic for others to reply to.

It's a section that does not receive much view, so why not keep it active for those who do view it? What I would enjoy is for the poster to have their own answers and angles for discussion to help facilitate the thread. Otherwise it's fine.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
The problem I was trying to state was that not many people really go past the first page - I checked the first two pages after reading the OP here and realised that both pages are almost full of these threads.

There's nothing directly wrong with there being a lot of threads - I just think it's better for discussion when the threads are opened slower, as they won't be bumped off.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Except I don't see these as being time-specific like they would be in a contemporary environ. There will (or should) always be posters wishing to discuss a certain time period or wrestler. By having a thread open (and it sparking initial debate, which it has) it allows future posters to continue adding their thoughts instead of dispersing these ideas between threads or sections. I've not much knowledge on a few wrestlers mentioned (or to the point where I'd like to discuss something at length) but the discussions offered may spark my interest into exploring a specific wrestler and then coming back to the thread. Or, as I make my way through wrestling of the 80s (as I have been doing until I put it on the back-burner) I can return to these threads and add my two cents and bump the topic for others to reply to.

It's a section that does not receive much view, so why not keep it active for those who do view it? What I would enjoy is for the poster to have their own answers and angles for discussion to help facilitate the thread. Otherwise it's fine.
It's cool to see someone that wasn't around during the 80's that appreciates these threads.

·
18,013 Posts
RAH pretty much said the way I feel about it also, it is kinda hard to balance it because people were being so enthusiastic about them, I was even getting requests, once they'd replied on one of the threads, they had nothing left to do, without any others being there, so it allows users to enjoy the forum more and spend more time on the forum too, with enthusiasm also, plus, we actually are, and have been, learning a lot from each other and the wrestling world sharing info and knowledge within these threads, double bonus I feel.

Truth is, you can't please everyone, where as I understand the topics being there together, if people are too lazy to want to browse past the first page of topics, that's there choice, but there is also the thing about say if one was posted 2 days ago, and then one today, if the one 2 days ago is bumped (which is fine!), they still go together, so it's kinda hard to avoid really.

I have spoken with a mod anyway, who has very kindly advised me just to add my opinion in the original posts I do (this is fine but my intention was to start the threads, have people discuss and then get involved myself, so it's never a case of putting in a thread and then not even being a part of it), though I will, in future, out of respect to the forum mods, add my vibes more so in the original thread.

Ya see, a lot of people, as you can see, have been happy and enjoying the threads, this is why I've done them and continued to do them, as well as respectfully asking in the first place for feedback before doing more, the enthusiasm I got from users about them, including requests too, I didn't expect, so for one or two people, to complain when a lot more people are enjoying the threads, shouldn't be a factor here, though I have spoke with a mod and the only thing mentioned about it is to have more input in my original topics when I first post them, which is fine.

My point is, if it's fine with the mods, it's fine with me, I'm doing them because not only do I enjoy it myself, but so do others and that's the reason I've continued to do them.

That said, a couple of other members have also enjoyed posting a few too, so that also goes to show how much they are enjoyed, it's a quiet section on a whole, and it's becoming active, though I do and will try to please everyone the best that I can.

·
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
10,970 Posts
OP can seriously go fuck himself, who does he think he is telling people to stop making threads that CONTRIBUTE to the section? If someone was just spamming random horseshit, sure, hit the report button and let the mods take care of it, but, really? Fucking complaining about someone who is making threads that invite actual discussion? I've made a few threads in there about wrestlers, want to come the fuck at me, son? A lot of people don't know a lot about Piper and I made the greatest Piper thread any forum has ever seen. There were some people who read through it, watched the promos I posted, and had more appreciation for Piper. There are a lot of younger people here who never got to see Piper in his wrestling days. It's a great source of info/education on the people who helped get wrestling where it is today. The first thing I do with people who have never watched wrestling is make them start in the best times of wrestling and read up on the guys who made wrestling big. Have a history lesson and learn to respect the older guys.

Absolutely ridiculous crying going on here. If you don't like it, stay out of the section, I doubt you add anything of value there.

4,696 Posts
I don’t say much in classic wrestling but I read it - usually with my breakfast and coffee (I don’t type much when my hands are full!) – and I like the wrestler-specific discussion threads. While I avoid that type of topic in the contemporary sections, the overall activity in classic (as well as other wrestling) is more knowledgeable and contains interesting opinions.

So don’t stop.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
Yea it's fine OldSchoolsCool. Like I said, I don't think it's a bad thing, just worried that some of the threads you make might get forgotten because of default page limits :p.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts