Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
4,921 Posts
Re: Question to Punk marks: If Cole is an asshole,so is Punk then Why no love for col

We don't have to listen to Punk being an asshole for 2 hours every RAW, SD and PPV, and Punk being an asshole doesn't completely overshadow matches.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Re: Question to Punk marks: If Cole is an asshole,so is Punk then Why no love for col

Because Michael Cole has no talent, unlike Punk.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts

My hatred for Cole comes from the fact that he is a shit heel. Everything he does is very contrived, obvious and blatant, he's just not a natural heel.

·
Registered
178 Posts

CM Punk is a wrestler, where most of his perona relies on being cocky as well as smartass. You may not agree about what he says, but his job is go into the ring and entertain audienes who pay to see him perform.

Micheal Cole is a commentator, who takes his job seriously. So seriously, that he has to be over the top and bring down the entire program to point where it is probably best to mute the show to enjoy the wrestling.

The biggest difference between the two is this: Punk is usually heard for about 30 mintues or so of the show. Micheal Cole is heard for 2 hours! And to top it off, there is Smackdown. Where you get to hear more of Cole's shannigans. So that four hours of listening to an over top heel commentator who does more harm than good, who has no buisness of being the play by play commentator because he is not calling the matches, and who has no point in his character because it doesn't go any where. He just does the same stupid shit week after week, making everyone at home suffer from his bad character, hoping to God that somebody will eventually shut him up, but it will never happen. Why? because there is no point because at the end of the day, he is just a commentator!

And that is the difference between the two.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts

My hatred for Cole comes from the fact that he is a shit heel. Everything he does is very contrived, obvious and blatant, he's just not a natural heel.
Seems pretty damn natural to me. So natural that I think he's actually a straight up douche in real life. I'm probably not wrong about that.

·
Banned
80 Posts

its like asking why i dont like chunky peanut butter but i like creamy even tho there both peanut butters

·
Registered
2,481 Posts

Seems pretty damn natural to me. So natural that I think he's actually a straight up douche in real life. I'm probably not wrong about that.
Well I've been watching WWE for ages so I'm use to Michael Cole being a face for the majority of his WWE career, and since he turned heel I have just found him unbearable. Not because he's doing a good job as a heel, but because his acting as a heel is so poor. Everything he says and does is so obvious. Heels are suppose to seem like they're just being themselves and they generally just have ignorant views on things. When Michael Cole is being 'heel' he makes it so obvious that he's just trying to annoy people and get heat. Thats what I mean when I say he's not a natural heel.

·
The Sundance Kid
18,147 Posts

It's not about Punk being a wrestler or us not having to hear Punk for two hours, it's because Punk is entertaining while Cole is not. Heel Lawler was an asshole, Heenan was an asshole, these guys were entertaining and add to the show. Cole is just annoying and detracts from everything else going on. There's also the fact Cole is supposed to be doing play-by-play and when he's too busy being his character nobody is calling the damn match.

Some assholes are entertaining, some assholes are just assholes. Being one doesn't automatically make you the other.

·
Registered
144 Posts

We don't have to listen to Punk being an asshole for 2 hours every RAW, SD and PPV, and Punk being an asshole doesn't completely overshadow matches.
THIS!!!!!!

Cole almost makes the show unwatchable.

He was in rare form last night.

·
Registered
144 Posts

It's not about Punk being a wrestler or us not having to hear Punk for two hours, it's because Punk is entertaining while Cole is not. Heel Lawler was an asshole, Heenan was an asshole, these guys were entertaining and add to the show. Cole is just annoying and detracts from everything else going on. There's also the fact Cole is supposed to be doing play-by-play and when he's too busy being his character nobody is calling the damn match.

Some assholes are entertaining, some assholes are just assholes. Being one doesn't automatically make you the other.
This too.

·
Sheriff of Piltover
2,880 Posts

Most of Cole's comments are forced and he tries to hard to be a heel. It's cringe-worthy and horrible

1 - 15 of 15 Posts