Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how come the crowd hasn't turned on him yet? i mean they turned on cena and are now in the process of turning on sheamus.....the only time i remembered him getting booed was at mitb in his match against christian but by the end of that match the crowd was back on his side

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
Ever since 2009, Orton turned into one of those wrestlers that seem to get cheered no matter what. He has an anti-hero character, which rarely ever gets booed. In addition, losing to Henry was the best thing that could happen to him because that was how he avoided becoming another Cena. He's also one of the best wrestlers in the world, and he is one of the very few main event faces in the history of the WWE that sells and has an expansive moveset.

·
Registered
420 Posts
how come the crowd hasn't turned on him yet? i mean they turned on cena and are now in the process of turning on sheamus.....the only time i remembered him getting booed was at mitb in his match against christian but by the end of that match the crowd was back on his side
He was getting booed at the house show last night. Notmuch but enough for him to know about it. Smarky crowd though.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Because he isn't just a smiley prick for kids. He's "badass" to casuals who watch it without going on the internet to let "smart" marks do their thinking for them.

·
Registered
11,111 Posts
Because he beats people up regardless of them being a heel or face? He's the anti Cena he's not a happy smiley baby hugging type...he doesn't tell fans to rise above hate he doesnt do any of that crap

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Because he isn't just a smiley prick for kids. He's "badass" to casuals who watch it without going on the internet to let "smart" marks do their thinking for them.
Because he beats people up regardless of them being a heel or face? He's the anti Cena he's not a happy smiley baby hugging type...he doesn't tell fans to rise above hate he doesnt do any of that crap
These. Orton is a great tweener, persona and all. The only time I was really urced about Orton was when he started running his mouth last year, and took the title off Christian so fast. Other than that, the dude is pretty cool.

·
I am Jack's broken heart
7,445 Posts
We'll wait till Chicago and Extreme Rules and then decide. To my knowledge, loads of people were booing Orton and cheering Christian at the Money In The Bank PPV last year. Then again, those were just smarks who were still mad that Orton took away the title from Christian so early, so he might get a different reaction than before.

·
Ted the Moth
12,866 Posts
-He loses. Cena and Sheamus have gone on dominating streaks, and people quickly get sick of you when you keep beating their favourite wrestler. However Orton pins as much as he is pinned, maybe a little more victories but probably not much, and he certainly doesn't have the win/loss ratio of Cena or Sheamus

-He's an atypical babyface. He is not the smiley getalong guy like Cena is and Sheamus is. People get sick of that guy.
The only time I was really urced about Orton
???

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Its as edgehead said, he isnt an atypical babyface.The anti-hero tweener types will always get more positive reactions than normal babyfaces.

That being said, I can see the fans getting bored of him eventually. But IMO that isnt such a bad thing. Orton can be a superb heel.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We'll wait till Chicago and Extreme Rules and then decide. To my knowledge, loads of people were booing Orton and cheering Christian at the Money In The Bank PPV last year. Then again, those were just smarks who were still mad that Orton took away the title from Christian so early, so he might get a different reaction than before.
he did get booed to start the match but by the end they were going crazy for him when he rkoed christian twice on the announcer's table

·
Confortably Numb
6,436 Posts
Mainly because he is entertaining, unlike his haters claim not to be. He's not the best on the Mic but he can hold his own pretty decently, and he's arguably the wrestler who's had the best matches last year. The only time Orton got booed was in Chicago because smarky fans were mad he took the tittle away from Christian, but at the end of the night he ended up having the entire crowd go nuts for him, regardless.

Reactions: Choke2Death

·
wish me luck
22,508 Posts
He looks like doesn't care about the fans, not the smiley dude like Cena, doesn't talk that much.

Besides he is Awesome.

·
Registered
11,111 Posts
Plus Orton is more open to changing his character if people start to find they hate his current run unlike Cena, who refuses to change one fucking bit. All these reasons are why Orton is more beloved by the fans than Cena he seems to care more about his character

·
Premium Member
6,155 Posts
Possibly because he hasnt been pushed as hard as Cena and he pretty much did everything as a heel anyway. Not only that but he's great in the ring, decent on the mic and puts people over left, right and centre. Also he hasnt been playing the exact same character for 8 years so i dont see why people would be sick of him like they are with Cena. There is also a charm about Randy that has just come to light recently and thats when he breaks character and plays around with the jobbers and he does it very rarely, which is another reason why people like him he can show personality he just doesnt lol.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
I lose brain cells when he gets on the mic, but in the ring I have no problem with him, he is capable of having great matches.

Plus he jobs pretty frequently which makes him ok in my book. I wouldn't cheer him but I would boo him considering who he was wrestling.

·
Ignoring SCOTT STIENER
983 Posts
-He loses. Cena and Sheamus have gone on dominating streaks, and people quickly get sick of you when you keep beating their favourite wrestler. However Orton pins as much as he is pinned, maybe a little more victories but probably not much, and he certainly doesn't have the win/loss ratio of Cena or Sheamus

-He's an atypical babyface. He is not the smiley getalong guy like Cena is and Sheamus is. People get sick of that guy.

???
I'm sure he meant "irked".

1 - 20 of 38 Posts