Wrestling Forum banner

Question about Sting in the WWE

1459 13
I was never really on him being part of that promo, and clearly he aint coming, so now the question is why?

Would it be because Vince had no interest?

Would it be because Sting still doesn't trust Vince?

To me it made such sense for this match to happen this WM, and for it not to, it makes me wonder why.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
136 Posts
He doesn't want to be in the WWE. He said a long time ago that he doesn't want his character to be belittle. He watched Booker T in the WWE, and he didn't like the way they treated Booker T. He doesn't want to be like that.

· Registered
10,981 Posts
All bullshit Vince doesn't want Sting, Still will never work for WWE aside. Here's the prob. The IWC and wrestling fans in general were just curious and created immense hype out of nothing., Even when it was revealed to be Taker in the video package they still went on with their bullshit "STING IS COMING!!!!"

· Registered
865 Posts
sting threads are so last week..... That aside, I respect Sting for never wanting to work for WWE in the '90s and '00s

· Registered
7,601 Posts
Simply because Sting wouldn't get the kind of schedule that he would want to work which would be the same as The Undertaker and Shawn Michaels old one which would mean no house show's and maybe at most wrestling once or twice a month and Vince McMahon wouldn't give that to him seeing as he refused Kurt Angle the same thing. From late 1999 until the end in 2001 that was the kind of schedule that Sting was working in WCW and in TNA he has a very important role whilst being paid half a million dollars a year by Spike TV to barely work at all.

Would Vince McMahon want to pay half a million dollars a year for someone who would want to work less than The Undertaker currently does and is 51 years old so has barely anything left other than name value which in WWE's current youth movement wouldn't really add anything unless Sting was used as talent enhancement. I can't really see Sting coming into WWE to work a much heavier schedule than he currently does just to put over younger wrestler's and be seen in his mind as yet another ex WCW wrestler buried in WWE and made to look inferior to what WWE have in comparison to what WCW had.

If Sting had come in around 2002 when he was Vince McMahon made a real effort to sign him and have him feud with Kurt Angle going into WrestleMania 18 then he may have been an exception to the rule for ex WCW wrestler's because WWE lost Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock in early 2003 and Sting would have been the biggest name on the roster at that point in time. The problem was though that Vince McMahon couldn't give Sting the assurances that he wanted before signing and was told he would have to work a full schedule like everyone else which was more than he was working in WCW so he said no and that was that.

Now at 51 years old i just don't see Sting ever gracing a WWE ring other than accepting an induction into The Hall of Fame and then appearing at WrestleMania when they bring out all the inductees of which Sting will the headline inductee for that year. Because of the money that Sting earns yearly from Spike TV with the very limited schedule i don't see Sting retiring for a couple of years yet so i would imagine WrestleMania 29 or WrestleMania 30 being the most likely place for Sting to be inducted and that will be the only time we see Sting in WWE unfortunately.

· @delecast
6,338 Posts
Wasn't Sting really pissed with the way WWE handled the whole end of WCW thing? I don't know the details, but remember reading Sting was really pissed with the way the whole thing went down.

· What?
25,886 Posts
Vince would give Sting whatever he wanted to get him to work with the WWE. At a certain period in time. But Sting's ego was too big and he didn't want his character to be belittled or whatever. And to all you Sting marks I'm not talking about the merger period either. Sting has had his opportunity to sign with WWE more than just then.

Think about it now though, would Vince REALLY want him? Would he really increase buy-rates? Maybe. But you look at the majority of the WWE fans now, and their age, and you ask yourself would a triumphant Sting debut in the WWE even get the sort of reaction from the crowd that all the marks think it would?

They probably don't even know who he is. Way before their time. He's an old wrestler who frankly is awful in the ring these days and can't cut an original promo to save his life. Don't really see him being as valuable as everyone is making him out to be.

Also I'd hate to think that if he signed with the WWE,just how many dumb-ass TNA marks we'd see in the WWE section. Just look at the idiotic posts we were getting in the 22-1123234-2419842742 thread.

So all in all. I actually think it's better that he didn't sign.

· Bowing down to the BEAST INCARNATE
5,846 Posts
I think this whole Undertaker Vs. Sting at WrestleMania thing is actually 3 years passed its prime. In 2008 both were still tremendous in the ring... not so much now... although, a great wrestler always has one last great match in him but... sometimes, also, age catches up to you.

· Registered
357 Posts
Last week I was hyped for Sting, but now I feel like I have moved on inside. It's to the point where I could almost care less if he ever shows up. IMO this was a now-or-never opportunity and for whatever reason he decided against it so I have strong doubts of any future Sting debut in the WWE.

· Banned
470 Posts
All the people on this board that are now saying that Sting is never coming here and we're idiots for believing it were "marking" for him as recent as two weeks ago.

· Registered
634 Posts
I was never really on him being part of that promo, and clearly he aint coming, so now the question is why?

Would it be because Vince had no interest?

Would it be because Sting still doesn't trust Vince?

To me it made such sense for this match to happen this WM, and for it not to, it makes me wonder why.
He isn't a sell out, it's not all about the money and fame with him. He is also a legend now being the biggest super star to never not wrestling in WWE which is very inspiring especially for those in TNA like AJ Styles, showing you don't have to sell yourself out to be good at what you do.

And for the record I don't care if you think it's selling out or not, in my mind it is and 400 pages of rebuttal wont' change it so don't even bother trying.

· Lucy Snorebush
2,166 Posts
How could Sting sellout to a company he's never worked for?

And trust me, if we never see Sting on a WWE show it's because Sting didn't want to. Vince would jump through hoops to get Sting to appear for WWE.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.