Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the rock returns and he has that inevitable interaction with cm punk, do you feel as though those who chant punk's name are going to side with him or the rock. Again please dont turn this into a mark war just give your explanation on how do you think the crowd will react.

·
Registered
692 Posts
tthe crowd barely cheers for Punk right now, what makes you think theyll cheer for him over the Rock?

·
Premium Member
15,437 Posts
I'm not intending to push any buttons. I'm just stating the facts that CM Punk is superior in all aspects of rasslin. as the troll said, Rock fears Punk. Dwayne knows Punk will embarrass him on the mic so he'll steer clear of Punk.

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm not intending to push any buttons. I'm just stating the facts that CM Punk is superior in all aspects of rasslin. as the troll said, Rock fears Punk. Dwayne knows Punk will embarrass him on the mic so he'll steer clear of Punk.
You do realize the rock is a bigger draw than punk so you defeated your own argument. As for punk being better on the mic that's subjective as I'm sure the live crowd will side with rocky.

·
Banned
162 Posts
overall crowd reaction won't even be close...Rock would be far and away more supported. check out the reactions Rock has been getting since he came back and compare them to CM punk...there is no comparison.

I've found that the people who are die hard Punk marks though typically are people that hate the Rock. A lot of them also seemed to be die hard Austin marks so maybe that's where the hatred of the Rock and the love for Punk begins. Those people will probably keep chanting Punk's name but be drowned out by the rest of the crowd supporting rock.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
overall crowd reaction won't even be close...Rock would be far and away more supported. check out the reactions Rock has been getting since he came back and compare them to CM punk...there is no comparison.

I've found that the people who are die hard Punk marks though typically are people that hate the Rock. A lot of them also seemed to be die hard Austin marks so maybe that's where the hatred of the Rock and the love for Punk begins. Those people will probably keep chanting Punk's name but be drowned out by the rest of the crowd supporting rock.
It's a natural smark thang....

·
Banned
1,760 Posts
When the rock returns and he has that inevitable interaction with cm punk, do you feel as though those who chant punk's name are going to side with him or the rock. Again please dont turn this into a mark war just give your explanation on how do you think the crowd will react.
If you like both, you like both and just enjoy the interaction. But everyone knows Rock will bury him both in the ring and possibly on the mic because he is The Rock.

·
THE ONE.
5,352 Posts
Interestingly enough Rock/Punk would definitely (IMO) cause more of a split with the fans than Cena/Rock (which is emberassing for Cena as most Woman and and the few imformed kids even crossover).

Overall though, The Rock would have the majority, the only people I can see being in the same ring who could change the balance would be the likes of Austin or Hogan.

·
Banned
2,092 Posts
Punk hasnt shown me much since that one promo, Rock unfiltered will have the audience in the palm of his hand, can honestly see Rock calling punk bart simpson or something and the crowd will starting laughing at punk, punk is a good talker but The Rock Mic to Mic would Kill him..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts