Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This isn't a bashing thread by any means but after watching that raw we know he can go in the ring and he is definitely special and has an awesome look. But clearly we all see that he is unnatural on the mic and has a very forced and fake emotion. So my question is: Is this the best he will ever be? I feel that it may be the case seeing as he hasn't made any strides. Perhaps he's a victim of the PG era as a bland face but I fear he will just be a spot monkey for matches. What do you guys think?

·
Banned
5,666 Posts
1) I actually thought Morrison was pretty good in his promo with Sheamus.

2) Morrison really isn't a spotmonkey.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
Morrison isn't a spot moneky and never has been...

I think being a bland mid-card face is almost a rule in the WWE right now. No face in the mid-card has much of a character besides being happy and smiling. Once they get to main evnet (if they ever want to push a mid-card face that is) they will more than likely emerge with character. I thought Morrison's mic work on RAW was actually alright, even his powder joke didn't sound as corny as it usually does. He's obviously better as a heel but I do think he's gradually coming into his own as a face now. He was clearly uncomfortable playing it last year, but I do believe he's getting better in that sense.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
When Morrison compared Sheamus' pigmentation to powder, that said to me he isn't getting any higher than a high-mid card place sadly.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK I guess he's not a spot monkey. Maybe he's one of those guys who needs to write his own promos?

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
Probably, some of the things they have him say are ridiculous. Especially some of the things he had to do last year.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I don't really see John Morrison as a "sot monkey", he has a style different to almost any other wrestler - even cruiserweights because of his history with Parkour he is really original and exciting in the ring and has a great look to him.

On the mic, though, he is a 4 at best.

But I still think he'll improve and looks like he's a definite star of the future in the WWE.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts