Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the question i have is, did he have a custom belt? i stopped watching during this time, but could swear i remember reading that he had a longhorn belt made for him when he was champ, i also heard they made it out of SCSA smoking skull belt. but i cant find a picture or anything of it. did this happen or was i just reading half asleep and dream it up?

if this did happen does anyone have a picture? and im sorry if im wasting time asking about something that never happened, its just been bugging me for a while and i figure someone on here can help me out. thank you.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
I honestly do not recall this at all, and I survived through most of JBL's reign before giving up on the product for a while so I'm sure I'd remember it =\. Unless someone wants to make me look like an idiot and pop up with a picture lol.

·
Asuka
96,569 Posts
No. He used the standard WWE Championship at the time, the design was first introduced by Triple H when he defeated Chris Jericho at WrestleMania X8, as the Undisputed Championship. He never had a customized title at any point during his championship reign.

As a massive, massive JBL mark, I'm proud to say that JBL was the last WWE Champion to carry a REAL championship.

How I wish they would go back to that design. It's the greatest title design in wrestling history.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
You're thinking of the Brahma Bull WWE Championship, that I don't think ever made it onto TV. Its displayed in the cabinets at Fan Axxess at Wrestlemania time.

·
Registered
65 Posts
No. He used the standard WWE Championship at the time, the design was first introduced by Triple H when he defeated Chris Jericho at WrestleMania X8, as the Undisputed Championship. He never had a customized title at any point during his championship reign.

As a massive, massive JBL mark, I'm proud to say that JBL was the last WWE Champion to carry a REAL championship.

How I wish they would go back to that design. It's the greatest title design in wrestling history.
I wish they would go back to a belt of this style as well. I hate hate hate the current WWE Championship belt.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Did he not have a Texan somethingorother belt when he won the Hardcore Title, way back in the dredges of history that is 2002...?

I'm not sure and have no photographic evidence...but...anyone?

·
Registered
8,156 Posts

That belt was OK, but the belts before that one were much better.

And JBL was wildly overrated!

·
Asuka
96,569 Posts
The winged belt is ugly as sin and the AE belt is mediocre. There's no belt better than the Undisputed design. None. Not even the Big Gold.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts