Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why are they called Fourtune when as far as I can see they have about 7 members?
I know they want to play off the Four Horseman but seriously, common sense would suggest FOURtune = FOUR members

·
Registered
823 Posts
I don't think Morgan and Williams are actual members. Morgan is Flair's personal bodyguard and Williams is some kind of executive consultant, I guess.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't think Morgan and Williams are actual members. Morgan is Flair's personal bodyguard and Williams is some kind of executive consultant, I guess.
See, I thought that might be the case, and Ric Flair might not be counted as he's just the leader and not a proper wrestler any more.. But Morgan and Williams took part in the 8 man tag as part of Fourtune so it looks like they're "official members"

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,968 Posts
Fourtune is a shit name anyway. Sounds too much like a boyband and is overkill on the Horsemen thing. Fortune made more sense.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I think what they need to do with the group is have it go on for a while with Flair involved, and then once AJ has enough momentum as a heavyweight title contender going into a major run, I think it would be good for them to turn on Flair, boot him out of Fourtune and genuinely have 4 guys as the main stable in TNA

thing is, they need to stay as they are with Flair involved for now to get them to a place where this can work by having them recognised as enough star power to not need Flair's association any more

problem is... its TNA and they'll probably have split by the time BFG is over

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Well they can hardly be called 'Seventune' can they?

I have a feeling that TNA will probably change the name to 'Fortune' very soon though. Hopefully TNA keeps them together for at least a year.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
If anyone watched the 4 Horse Man in WCW at all they would know that they always had lackeys helping them out but had 4 main members at a time and a manager

·
Registered
260 Posts
here's a good quote from a recent bruce prichard interview that sums it up well:

"You got Ric Flair with eight guys holding up four fingers, I don't get it. I really don't get the TNA program at all. It's really hard to follow and makes you go huh?"

:lmao

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
As long as they're united like the Horsemen were and work well together, who gives a shit.

·
Purebred Powerhouse
5,754 Posts
Evidently TNA gave them the name "Fourtune" without ever really finalizing any line-up for the group. Then, when they realized it would take off, they stuck some other heels in there for the rub & the exposure.

Morgan and Williams are great. I'd definately keep them in ahead of Kaz, but the "Four" is unnecessary. We hear Flair and Taz mention the Four Horsemen every fucking week anyhow, so it's not needed as a reminder or anything.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,968 Posts
If anyone watched the 4 Horse Man in WCW at all they would know that they always had lackeys helping them out but had 4 main members at a time and a manager
Anyone who watched the Horsemen in WCW knows that this should be as little like the Horsemen as possible.

On the numbers issue, its stupid that Russo has watered down a group that hasn't even been established yet. It's had more members than Jenna Jameson already.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
I think Fortune is an okay name, it's short and to the point. Not too sure why they added Morgan & Williams though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts