Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are we sure that Dixie Carter didn't have a sex change and legally change her name to Ed Nordholm? They both seem like the same exact naive money marks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,854 Posts
How did they fail? I mean from a creative stand point. Yes they did not do so good from a financial stand point but those in charge are not handling the money now. The early days and management of TNA/Impact are much like the days of ECW. Great ideas for what to put on screen, horrible on balancing the books.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How did they fail? I mean from a creative stand point. Yes they did not do so good from a financial stand point but those in charge are not handling the money now. The early days and management of TNA/Impact are much like the days of ECW. Great ideas for what to put on screen, horrible on balancing the books.

Jeff Jarrett being the top guy and burying half the roster was good booking?

·
Registered
580 Posts
I am not a big fan of the current product. But Ed is not a booker! (Neither was Dixie) Booking is atrocious.
But how is Ed and Dixie the same in terms of management?

·
Registered
8,854 Posts
Jeff Jarrett being the top guy and burying half the roster was good booking?

Good? Yes. Great? No.

Back in the day I was not a fan of seeing him be the top guy all the time. But that was not the whole show. Creating the X division all that came from that was great. All the names that got exposure on TV, even if not used as best as they could have, was great. Going from weekly PPVs to a small TV deal to Spike was great.

Yes the ones in charge now made some mistakes back then but they did far more good than bad from a creative stand point. That is why we look at the product over last few years and say it is a shadow of the early days. So yes, Jeff putting himself over was not perfect but it was not totally awful and it is just one piece of the puzzle.

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Pretty weird thread. The same guy that decided to let the Hardys go is now being accused of being a money mark.

Also, good booking is subjective. TNA went from being a startup without a huge financial backer to being on national TV on Spike in 3 and a half years under Jarrett/Mantel/D'Amore. I would rate that as being somewhat successful. Pretty sure they broke even by 2007/2008 and eventually turned a profit until Dixie sent Jarrett home and chaos ensued. D'Amore was off the booking team by the end of 2006, though.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Types of people they hire to run things.

But the thing is. It works!
Rating still sucks, but you can't get much more on POP anyway. They have new TV deals(in the UK and soon Japan and Mexico), they finally go to India, new partnerships(AAA, Crash, NOAH), etc

Booking sucks. But that's just my opinion. Perhaps most fans like it?

·
Banned
3,375 Posts
But the thing is. It works!
Rating still sucks, but you can't get much more on POP anyway. They have new TV deals(in the UK and soon Japan and Mexico), they finally go to India, new partnerships(AAA, Crash, NOAH), etc

Booking sucks. But that's just my opinion. Perhaps most fans like it?
Give jeff, scott and dutch some time as they have not been booking for the past 5 years. They rusty and will improve.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Give jeff, scott and dutch some time as they have not been booking for the past 5 years. They rusty and will improve.
I did enjoy last episode, even without Eli (who I believe has to be a main eventer). They finally have an X-Division champ who doesn't look like a total geek.

But still too much is a mess right now. I don't care about the irrelevant GFW and I don't see the point. there is no prestige to those belts and it's just one random match after the other.
I don't care about most new wrestlers, and they haven't introduced them properly. Still some good new (and old) talents.

It's a mess right now. Some good and some very bad stuff (especially JB vs Josh. Worst ever!).

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good? Yes. Great? No.

Back in the day I was not a fan of seeing him be the top guy all the time. But that was not the whole show. Creating the X division all that came from that was great. All the names that got exposure on TV, even if not used as best as they could have, was great. Going from weekly PPVs to a small TV deal to Spike was great.

Yes the ones in charge now made some mistakes back then but they did far more good than bad from a creative stand point. That is why we look at the product over last few years and say it is a shadow of the early days. So yes, Jeff putting himself over was not perfect but it was not totally awful and it is just one piece of the puzzle.
Sure there was good but there was also the first two Russo eras and Jarrett brought him in to book twice. Jarrett's 02-06 run was somehow worse than HHH's 02-06 run on top.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,854 Posts
I did enjoy last episode, even without Eli (who I believe has to be a main eventer). They finally have an X-Division champ who doesn't look like a total geek.

But still too much is a mess right now. I don't care about the irrelevant GFW and I don't see the point. there is no prestige to those belts and it's just one random match after the other.
I don't care about most new wrestlers, and they haven't introduced them properly. Still some good new (and old) talents.

It's a mess right now. Some good and some very bad stuff (especially JB vs Josh. Worst ever!).
Well short of just doing a total reboot, which I do not think would be a good thing as we saw near the end of WCW, it takes time to merge from what is going on to what you want. They are slowly doing that. An example is merging GFW into Impact. Right now it gives some talent a nice title run and more belts before we get settled in with just one set of titles and GFW is no more beyond maybe one title with the name.

JB and Josh are hard to judge. I know a lot on here do not like it but it is over in the Zone. It will be easier to gage once they are on the road and see reaction to them there. Personally I want a bit of adjusting with it, ie less of Josh talking about it through out the show, but over all it is fun. I mean Josh is just easy to hate so being a heel is perfect. It also leads to a reason for match ups. I mean two guys who might have no reason to have a beef with each other can each decide to help JB or Josh and thus they are in a match which can lead to a feud. Fans say they want a loud crowd well a great way to get them going is with "Fire Josh" chants lol

Reactions: scshaastin

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well short of just doing a total reboot, which I do not think would be a good thing as we saw near the end of WCW, it takes time to merge from what is going on to what you want. They are slowly doing that. An example is merging GFW into Impact. Right now it gives some talent a nice title run and more belts before we get settled in with just one set of titles and GFW is no more beyond maybe one title with the name.

JB and Josh are hard to judge. I know a lot on here do not like it but it is over in the Zone. It will be easier to gage once they are on the road and see reaction to them there. Personally I want a bit of adjusting with it, ie less of Josh talking about it through out the show, but over all it is fun. I mean Josh is just easy to hate so being a heel is perfect. It also leads to a reason for match ups. I mean two guys who might have no reason to have a beef with each other can each decide to help JB or Josh and thus they are in a match which can lead to a feud. Fans say they want a loud crowd well a great way to get them going is with "Fire Josh" chants lol
It doesn't matter if it's over 600 people that get in free in bumblefuck Florida. It makes no money and turns off fans with this Matthews shit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
Dumb thread.

Ed doesn't have anything to do with the wrestling decisions.

·
Registered
580 Posts
An example is merging GFW into Impact. Right now it gives some talent a nice title run and more belts before we get settled in with just one set of titles and GFW is no more beyond maybe one title with the name.
But what's the point? GFW was never a thing in TNA (well, except 2015). There is no need to merge GFW into Impact. It doesn't help the reboot of TNA/Impact. It's too much focus on GFW. This is just to please Jeff Jarrett, not the fans.

I respect your opinion. But I couldn't care less about a feud between these two.

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
But what's the point? GFW was never a thing in TNA (well, except 2015). There is no need to merge GFW into Impact. It doesn't help the reboot of TNA/Impact. It's too much focus on GFW. This is just to please Jeff Jarrett, not the fans.

I respect your opinion. But I couldn't care less about a feud between these two.
Why should Impact give a shit what Hardy/WWE fans want? First sign of failure is trying to please everybody.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.