Wrestling Forum banner

Question about Brian Kindrick

2197 Views 33 Replies 20 Participants Last post by  Samee
OK I used to love this guy, but I'm starting to not like him because of his bathrobe/yoga gimmick. Does he still use that gimmick at live events? Or is just a straight up X-division wrestler? Cause I'm going to a live event, and he's on the card, and I hope he drops the bathrobe gimmick.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Premium Member
26,653 Posts
OK I used to love this guy, but I'm starting to not like him because of his bathrobe/yoga gimmick. Does he still use that gimmick at live events? Or is just a straight up X-division wrestler? Cause I'm going to a live event, and he's on the card, and I hope he drops the bathrobe gimmick.
He still wrestles the same way...and he doesn't wrestle in the robe. I don't see the problem. Kendrick has become such a non factor for TNA that I forget that he works there.

· Registered
819 Posts
He still wrestles the same way...and he doesn't wrestle in the robe. I don't see the problem. Kendrick has become such a non factor for TNA that I forget that he works there.
Every time I see him on TV I kind of go oh fuck, I forgot he was in TNA. Which shows how piss-poor the booking and talent management of TNA is.

· Banned
8,885 Posts
Just another waste of talent. Why the hell did they even sign the guy? They have a bunch of guys that can be used for the X-division but they are just wasting them instead of utilizing them which I don't understand.

· Registered
5,733 Posts
I didnt get to see Kendrick...I got to see JJ live instead....lucky me...

· Registered
10,497 Posts
Im sure it's not his decision to wear the robe, probably Russo's. I really enjoy him, but it's a shame he's only on there once every 8 weeks.

· Registered
4,651 Posts
Like a lot of people, I half forgot Kendrick was even employed until I saw this thread. That's a huge shame because his current gimmick is hilarious and is based on his real personality. Maybe you have to be into New Age/conspiracy stuff to see why it's funny.

· Registered
3,408 Posts
I highly, highly doubt he would be world champ in WWE. Highly doubt that.
Considering he had the backing of HHH and Shawn Michaels it isn't that unlikely. Also look at who has become WHC since he got fired (for his own misdemeanors), Swagger, Sheamus & Ziggler. He has more charisma and mic skills than any one of these individuals and is up there with his in-ring ability.

· Registered
4,029 Posts
I think his gimmick is interesting and sometimes hilarious. He's booked for TNA's upcoming house shows.

· Registered
9,884 Posts
Just another one of those classic TNA signings. You know where they sign the guy, use him for 3 weeks, give him a title match then make him plunge into oblivion.

Reactions: Theproof

· Fedor's cornerman.
1,360 Posts
Considering he had the backing of HHH and Shawn Michaels it isn't that unlikely. Also look at who has become WHC since he got fired (for his own misdemeanors), Swagger, Sheamus & Ziggler. He has more charisma and mic skills than any one of these individuals and is up there with his in-ring ability.
They also have something he doesn't have. Size. Size = credibility.

· Registered
3,408 Posts
They also have something he doesn't have. Size. Size = credibility.
Hence why he was partnered up with Zeke back in 2008 during the The Brian Kendrick phase. It added to his heel character that he would pick fights that he couldn't win alone and have Zeke interfere to gain a cheap win. Besides according to WWE their greatest superstar ever (HBK - I don't personally agree but that's another story) wasn't the biggest man going around

· Fedor's cornerman.
1,360 Posts
Hence why he was partnered up with Zeke back in 2008 during the The Brian Kendrick phase. It added to his heel character that he would pick fights that he couldn't win alone and have Zeke interfere to gain a cheap win. Besides according to WWE their greatest superstar ever (HBK - I don't personally agree but that's another story) wasn't the biggest man going around
Not trying to bash him or anything (I'm not that big myself either), but size has always been something important in my view. When I think of heavyweights I think of guys at least 6' and above 200lbs, and not a guy who's 5'0" and weighs 150lbs. I never liked Rey Mysterio as World Heavyweight champion, but I gotta admit, I didn't like JBL or Khali as champions either, but at least I found them more credible. I just think pro wrestling in America really should start separating wrestlers by size like they do in Japan. They take their weight divisions more seriously there.

· Registered
3,408 Posts
Not trying to bash him or anything (I'm not that big myself either), but size has always been something important in my view. When I think of heavyweights I think of guys at least 6' and above 200lbs, and not a guy who's 5'0" and weighs 150lbs. I never liked Rey Mysterio as World Heavyweight champion, but I gotta admit, I didn't like JBL or Khali as champions either, but at least I found them more credible. I just think pro wrestling in America really should start separating wrestlers by size like they do in Japan. They take their weight divisions more seriously there.
I can see your point but I find Kendrick's case to be something of an exception, like I said it added to Kendrick's heel persona that he couldn't win his own fights but still came out on top thanks to big Zeke

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.