Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,
I have been watching this forum for about 3 months and finally decided to join up so that I could join the discussions. This board is the best one that I found as far as quality of the posts.
I am getting ready to order BFG2011 and an old nagging question about BFG2010 popped into my head...I am sorry if you guys already talked about this in the past, but I wasn't around then.
I have always wondered if the way the "they" angle played out at last year's PPV was a back-up plan. After seeing how Nash's return fell through earlier this year, and then Foley's quick exit both caused TNA to go with a back-up plan for the story lines, it makes me wonder if there wasn't supposed to be some other people debut at last year's PPV. I think Hardy was supposed to turn, but I just wonder if other people were supposed to join him that were not previously on the roster.
The biggest thing that makes me think this was the post-BFG 2010 Impact were immortal spent the first thirty minutes of the show explaining to the audience why the different members joined immortal. The segment just seemed way to forced. Some of them, ESPECIALLY FORTUNE, just seemed odd and hastily thrown together for an angle that they had supposedly been planning out for MONTHS.
Can anyone help me out here?

-PS, if TNA F's up tonight I might go Starcade '97 on their asses and never buy a PPV from them again.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Well, from heresay, Abyss' part was originally supposed to be played by Samoa Joe, you might remember that Joe and Hardy wrestled to a 15 minute draw and Joe went nuts over it? He got in shit for it, and they handed the 10.10.10 thing to Abyss, which sent it off the tracks.

I believe that fortune were supposed to be a part of it, not so sure about Jarrett because he only ended up in there cos of betraying Joe, so my guess is they threw him in to keep Angle distracted while Jeff fueded with Anderson.
I think after that there were so many swerves going on, not many people in the company actually made any damn sense to be included, so they threw in Gunner & Murphy, etc.

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
Fourtune were supposed to be Immortal.

And in the fourtune role was supposed to be the Main Event Mafia with Samoa joe and Pope.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts