Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
★ Liverpool FC ★
2,460 Posts
I don't care what anyone says, she's my #1 female pro wrestler pick. Lita forever!

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
Lita will probably always be my favourite female WWE performer. Her look and moveset were unlike any female in WWE at the time (or since!)

Not to mention that she was/is gorgeous!! Can't believe we got Lita AND Trish at the same time. We were truly spoilt for choice :lol

Old news, but it really was cool to see her back for the Rumble.
I don't follow many wrestlers on Twitter but Lita is one that I do.

I like that she swerved fans asking if she was going to be competing. She was appearing at some convention on the Saturday before the Rumble and used that as her reason

·
Registered
443 Posts
Lita will probably always be my favourite female WWE performer. Her look and moveset were unlike any female in WWE at the time (or since!)

Not to mention that she was/is gorgeous!! Can't believe we got Lita AND Trish at the same time. We were truly spoilt for choice :lol

I don't follow many wrestlers on Twitter but Lita is one that I do.

I like that she swerved fans asking if she was going to be competing. She was appearing at some convention on the Saturday before the Rumble and used that as her reason
She was always one of my favourites growing up. She was cool as a part of Team Xtreme, and she was seductive and sultry when paired with Edge. She had a big impact on womens wrestling.

·
Premium Member
13,563 Posts

My favorite of all times since I saw this match.It was great to see a chick doing those Moves Lita did around 11:20+

Anw, Lita is the proof that you can go down in History as one of the GOAT, if not THE GOAT, even if the company doesn't back you up 100%.

She only held the title a few times with all her reigns being very short, still, she would always be the top face or heel in the division, she has star like charisma, she just has IT.

·
Registered
443 Posts

My favorite of all times since I saw this match.It was great to see a chick doing those Moves Lita did around 11:20+

Anw, Lita is the proof that you can go down in History as one of the GOAT, if not THE GOAT, even if the company doesn't back you up 100%.

She only held the title a few times with all her reigns being very short, still, she would always be the top face or heel in the division, she has star like charisma, she just has IT.
Its a shame how womens wrestling in WWE has gone backwards so far from that. You'd never see the women mix it up with the guys like that and when they do its done in an overly "girlpower" way and the guy cant retaliate which lessens the impact.

If Lita came along today I feel like she'd still really stand out, her style would still stand out today. She's an icon and really showed that women don't have to be the prototypical blonde to succeed, though she is still gorgeous regardless. She was a great example of a true star as well, as you said she was never Champ for long but she was always really over. And watching that match it was crazy even how over she was, and how over everyone was back then. You just do not see the fans get into the product anywhere near that much thesedays, but that is on WWE itself.

I have to say as well I have been watching a lot of Edge and Lita matches and promos lately, and Lita gets no love on the mic but she was actually pretty solid. Nothing amazing but she'd still hold her own with any other woman on the mic.

·
Fearless University Graduate
17,768 Posts
Lets get some discussion going.

So when it comes to Lita there is really two distinct periods of her career. The babyface Team Xtreme Lita...

And the heel Rated R Lita...

There were a couple of other periods to her career; her ECW tenure as Miss Angelica, and her debut within the WWE alongside Essa Rios, but Team Xtreme and Rated R were really the two main periods of her career. They are the two distinct "personalities" that really make up the whole Lita character. The wild spirit, the daredevil, the punk chick...and then the overtly sexual, manipulative, succubus.

As the Xtreme Daredevil she was an uber babyface. She was unique, special even. She was not the prototypical Blonde Bombshell, and she wrestled a style that most of the wrestling audience had never seen from a woman before. She was a flame haired badass that flew off the top rope. She was a Punk chick that wasn't afraid to be different and would happily mix it up with the guys. This resonated with the audiences big time, and its not a stretch to say that Lita was one of the most over women of all time. The fans loved her. She had the look, the attitude and the talent and it made her into a star. Especially now with WWE being entirely unwatchable, seeing Lita fly off the top rope and take someone down with a Litacanrana, or hit that moonsault of hers is a real fond memory of mine of pro wrestling. And moves like that, the Hurricanrana's and such become a big influence in WWE's women's wrestling as in the years to come those sort of moves were a basic requirement for women in the WWE. She was a great role model for women in that she was different, and embraced it. Her different wrestling style, her red hair in a world of blondes, her Punk style, her thong sticking up past her pants were all things that made her different, made her stand out, and made her Lita.

Then we got a complete evolution of the Lita character. Gone was the laid back Punk Chick, gone was the Lovable Daredevil, gone was the Uber Babyface, gone were the thongs. Now we instead got a Sex Kitten, an Evil Temptress, a Wicked Heel, and an array of halter tops that defied the laws of physics. We got the Rated R Succubus. This Lita was so different to the Lita that we were all used too. This Lita was risque in her appearance, and devious in her intentions. This Lita was all about her sexuality. When she had shown off her large collection of thongs in the past it was a part of her rebellious spirit. But the way her halter tops barely retained her modesty was all about flaunting her body. But alongside all that sexuality was a deviousness, and cunning that used her body to her and Edge's benefit. A deviousness that enjoyed lording her sexuality over others, especially old flames. A deviousness that enjoyed using her experience in the ring to brutalise the women around her. If the Lita of years gone by was a Daredevil Badass, then this Lita was a Destructive Sex Pot. But as she was a fantastic and incredibly over Babyface, here she was a fantastic and incredibly over Heel. So many of those things that helped make her so loved before were now helping making her hated now, with the added benefit of some real life drama also playing a role of course. This was a completely different Lita, a new spin on already unique character. She was always a beautiful woman, but now that was at the forefront.

So now to the crux of all this; What is everyone's favourite Lita persona? Heel or Babyface? Daredevil or Temptress?

Personally I go with Rated R era Lita, just. When I first got into wrestling in the year 2000 Lita (and the Hardyz) quickly became one of my favourites. She was gorgeous, unique and it was fun seeing her wrestle a style that no one else was. The Litacanrana is still an awesome move, and its a shame she didn't bust one out at the Rumble. And being twelve years at the time, watching this absurdly hot chick showing off her thong all the time was a big hit. But when she hooked up with Edge she still had all the things that made her so great, and if Xtreme Era Lita was a "10" then Rated R Lita was turned up to "11". She just got even hotter, and the way her body defied gravity and physics in those halter tops is something our top scientists should be researching. How she never had a nip slip in those tops is beyond me. Lita circa 2006 is still in my opinion the best looking any woman in pro wrestling has ever looked. But its not just a case of halter tops trumping thongs, Lita going from being such a beloved Babyface to being such a great and hated Heel was a real testament to her talents as a Professional Wrestler. And while she doesn't get any credit for it, being a heel let her work the mic more often. And while she was no Lana, or AJ Lee on the mic, she was passable to good, peaking in the promo she cut announcing her retirement. But even prior to that she held her own alongside Edge, Foley, Cena and others on the mic.

@AttitudeEraMark4Life @Wolfgang @The Definition of Technician @J'onn J'onzz @RamPaige @The Masked One @Ninja_Hedgehog @DammitC @Jersey

·
Premium Member
13,563 Posts
Welcome Back @Eva MaRIHyse !!

I personally am conflicted as I love both Lita's so much, and it's one of my main argument why Lita is GOAT, because as a face she was the most girl in the company, and as a heel she was by far the most booed. Lita was always above the women's title. Her popularity was insane.

I prefer Team Xtreme Lita. That much from Fully Loaded 2000 still takes me away how she mixed it up with the guys. She was just a hot cool chick that you wanted to root for.

However, it was just so ironic for me that my favorite female superstar hooked up with my favorite male superstars to become The Rated R Couple. There was never anyone better than her, I loved how she interfered in ALL of Edge's matches.

Think of Miz/Maryse recently for example, it took her a while before starting to interfere in Miz's matches..Lita always interfered in Edge's. If Edge was champion, you knew you had to get rid of Lita or else Edge would be retaining via cheating or DQ or however it takes..

·
17,768 Posts
Welcome Back @Eva MaRIHyse !!

I personally am conflicted as I love both Lita's so much, and it's one of my main argument why Lita is GOAT, because as a face she was the most girl in the company, and as a heel she was by far the most booed. Lita was always above the women's title. Her popularity was insane.

I prefer Team Xtreme Lita. That much from Fully Loaded 2000 still takes me away how she mixed it up with the guys. She was just a hot cool chick that you wanted to root for.

However, it was just so ironic for me that my favorite female superstar hooked up with my favorite male superstars to become The Rated R Couple. There was never anyone better than her, I loved how she interfered in ALL of Edge's matches.

Think of Miz/Maryse recently for example, it took her a while before starting to interfere in Miz's matches..Lita always interfered in Edge's. If Edge was champion, you knew you had to get rid of Lita or else Edge would be retaining via cheating or DQ or however it takes..
Thanks.

Totally agree on that. Lita being the most over babyface, and then becoming the most over heel is what really puts her above everyone else in the GOAT discussion. Very few women excell as both a heel and a babyface, Lita did that, and then some. Her pops at her peak were huge.

I need to watch a bunch of Lita's earlier matches. Because yeah, matches like that Fully Loaded ones are just fantastic watching her mix it up with the guys like that. How could you not root for her? Badass, hot chick that doesn't back down from anyone, and that always felt genuine as well. It was believable that she'd get up in anyone's face, and that was helped by her regularly Moonsaulting and Litacanrana'ing the guys.

Lita really made Edge into what he became. I think without Lita he would have struggled to really establish himself as the top heel. I think even with putting any other woman into Lita's role it wouldn't have been the same. Lita was strong enough to be her own character and that's what really added to the whole Rated R gimmick. It wasn't Edge with Lita, it was Edge and Lita. Two great characters doing bad shit together and rubbing everything in everyones face.

As much as I mark for Miz and Maryse, Edge and Lita are easily the better on screen couple. Worked so well together, made the gimmick mean what it does, and then to put distance on Miz and Maryse, Lita was an integral part of everything Edge did. She was his arm candy, his girlfriend and to put it simply a part of his moveset and in ring repertoire. To beat Edge, you HAD to deal with Lita at some point. She was never just there, she was a part of every match.

Sidenote:

LOL.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Hardy Boyz Lita is my favourite. It is so close though. Lita when she was with Edge was so great. They set the standard for wrestling couples to live up too. She was so good as a heel, and I love that. Such an amazing face and an equally amazing heel. But watching her early on as a high flying babe that you had to love and support.

·
17,768 Posts
Hardy Boyz Lita is my favourite. It is so close though. Lita when she was with Edge was so great. They set the standard for wrestling couples to live up too. She was so good as a heel, and I love that. Such an amazing face and an equally amazing heel. But watching her early on as a high flying babe that you had to love and support.
I think as a babyface with the Hardys Lita really changed women's wrestling in America and beyond. The differences between the style women could work before, and then after Lita came along is quite noticeable. That is a huge part of her legacy.

·
Read Only
Bye
0 Posts
Lita is one of my favourite Women Wrestlers of all time. I marked hard for her return at the Rumble. Always appreciated how she took it to another level compared to the other Women, when it came to taking bumps and performing more dangerous moves. It was just so cool to see a Woman doing the high flying stuff that typically weren't seen in that era.

I hope she's at Evoution? It'd be great to see her again. She looked in good shape despite her age.

Oh, let's not forget how damn banging she was, and still is:

·
17,768 Posts
Lita is one of my favourite Women Wrestlers of all time. I marked hard for her return at the Rumble. Always appreciated how she took it to another level compared to the other Women, when it came to taking bumps and performing more dangerous moves. It was just so cool to see a Woman doing the high flying stuff that typically weren't seen in that era.

I hope she's at Evoution? It'd be great to see her again. She looked in good shape despite her age.

Oh, let's not forget how damn banging she was, and still is:

If she does turn up in the future for the WWE hopefully she gets more notice and more time to train for it than she did the Rumble. Its weird that she only got a day and a half notice for that match.

·
Read Only
Bye
0 Posts
If she does turn up in the future for the WWE hopefully she gets more notice and more time to train for it than she did the Rumble. Its weird that she only got a day and a half notice for that match.
Hopefully. Even with only day and a half's notice, she still looked pretty damn good. She definitely has some fuel left in the tank. I :mark hard when her and Becky interacted. Two of my faves. Evolution should be a fun time, It'd be shame if she's not there considering she was one of the biggest names in the past. The Lita and Trish feud literally elevated the Women to another level and displayed what they can actually do with the platform and more time.

I hate how they play up the whole 'Women's Revolution' stuff too much, but I could see that PPV being better than most of the Men's PPVs this year.

1 - 20 of 168 Posts