Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Getting rid of the highest rated division makes sense.:rolleyes:

If it was just Eye Candy that drew, the mud-wrestling would attract the highest ratings. ODB/Tara match proves the opposite to be true.
No this is ONE SHOW/WEEK example.
I've given proof that the division as a whole doesn't draw, just a few particular women, whom I advocate making valets not only to help talented guys that don't draw but also the fact that you can't have a division with just a few women.
By the way in the highest rated quarter the beautiful people were in a promo not in the ring and they looked a lot better in the promo than in the mud.

One example of a VERY talented guy that doesn't draw is Desmond Wolfe which is a shame because I like his work. TNA should put Velvet Sky with him and see if it helps.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
While I should be surprised since it was a World Title match, which should theoretically be the biggest draw in the company, I'm not surprised the segment with AJ/Wolfe scored poorly. They didn't announce the opponent. They didn't hype the match throughout the show. They didn't show anyone trying to buy the shot or had people talk about the match. The champion didn't appear in any form until the 1:40 mark. It was given the main event slot, but it wasn't treated as important. The mud wrestling match, Foley vignettes, Nash, and many other things took precedence. Plus every week AJ doesn't show up until well into the second hour, gets five minutes of TV time, and either loses, or gets laid out afterwards by someone. It's as if they're making sure nobody believes he's important or has any reason to get behind him.

That said, I don't know if you can totally blame the weak final quarter rating on AJ & Wolfe. The world title match was an afterthought. The entire show built to the last Foley/Jarrett vignette, which was the only thing advertised and the only thing announced on the previous week's show, in that same quarter. Much of the poor booking and lack of time for the champ is because the real important stuff in the booker's minds are these bad weekly vignettes with Foley, Nash, Jarrett, Dixie, etc. You can just as easily say that last quarter rating shows that few people care about seeing the same Foley vignette they've done multiple times an episode four or five weeks in a row. They've been the focus of every episode for the last month, and those shows haven't been doing great ratings. They didn't even explain what was going on with Jarrett, Angle, and "that women" in those skits. Who can care? Good thing they're doing more of those this week, and once again are the only thing advertised for the show.

In any event, it was dumb to waste AJ/Wolfe for the title on TV with no build, two weeks after Lashley won a tournament to get a title shot, three weeks before guys will risk their jobs for a title shot, and to give it a mere five minutes.

The mud wrestling match looks to have been a stupid an idea too. It got the third lowest quarter rating of the show, only popped the rating by .01, and there was a steady decline over the second hour even with them giving numerous segments to the Beautiful People on the show to hype the match that didn't occur until the seventh quarter.

This further confirms that episode was an utter failure in every conceivable way.

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
Once again AJ fails draw is anyone suprised by this ? He hasn't got a character without a character you will NEVER draw.
He was on the show for a total of 5 minutes.

If people stopped looking at individual quarter hours and realized that after the Knockouts match, nobody cared about the rest of what appeared on the show, then you'd have a point.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Internet spoilers are killing ratings.
If I didn't love wrestling as much as I do, I wouldn't have watched after reading the spoilers.

·
Premium Member
43,786 Posts
Going to the AJ/Wolfe match, the last segment of the show is usually the lowest rated, and that is a trend that needs to be broken. I don't think its a reflection of either guy, but rather of a structural problem with the show that needs to be fixed.

I remember the one week they did the Foley/Jarrett vs. Sting/Angle tag match that I believe was the highest rated show in Impact history. What that show did was plan a big match as the main event, hype it throughout the course of the show, and then deliver on said match.

With AJ/Desmond, they really didn't talk about the match or even who was the one that gave Nash the highest bid to get the title shot. That could/should have been a running story throughout the show, and they didn't really do that. I mean its possible that alot of people didn't even know there was an AJ/Desmond match.

That match also came right after the Mud Wrestling, and I think its possible that people thought it was so stupid, they just switched off. We'll never know for sure, but I hope that's the case so they don't do anything like that anymore.

·
Registered
660 Posts
He was on the show for a total of 5 minutes.

If people stopped looking at individual quarter hours and realized that after the Knockouts match, nobody cared about the rest of what appeared on the show, then you'd have a point.
I think you've demonstrated my point nicely. After the knockouts nobody cared i.e. nobody said to themselves "actually AJ is still on later better not change the channel"

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
Oh look, the knockouts drew....

And for the last few weeks why has AJ only ever been on during the last few segments?

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
I think you've demonstrated my point nicely. After the knockouts nobody cared i.e. nobody said to themselves "actually AJ is still on later better not change the channel"
And apparently they said the same thing for Kurt Angle, Desmond Wolfe, Mick Foley, Jeff Jarrett and others.

It's pretty tough to care when the champion isn't booked as a central part of the show.

·
Banned
10,007 Posts
The shit preceeding AJ/Wolfe effected their main-event badly. Incomphendable booking. Styles is booked like a fucking chump and the World Title scene is being completely neglected.

Oh look, the knockouts drew....

And for the last few weeks why has AJ only ever been on during the last few segments?
You're correct; TBP and two drunken women rolling around drew.

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
LOL!!!!! Knockouts.
Dumb ass.
lol what? What's that? I'm sure if they didn't wanna see ODB and Tara they woulda turned over and I'm sure that would've effected the ratings. Oh shit wait...didn't you say they didn't draw? Oh shit...I think I'm right.

In fact, Jon Power, a guy who rarely ever agrees with me and actually really doesn't like the nockouts says the drew too.

OMFG..and I'm the dumbass here?

·
Banned
10,007 Posts
lol what? What's that? I'm sure if they didn't wanna see ODB and Tara they woulda turned over and I'm sure that would've effected the ratings. Oh shit wait...didn't you say they didn't draw? Oh shit...I think I'm right.

In fact, Jon Power, a guy who rarely ever agrees with me and actually really doesn't like the nockouts says the drew too.

Women's wrestling/sport doesn't draw, but sexy women in very little clothing do. So yes in that respect I do agree with you. :p They don't sell PPV's though which is TNA's problem. They give the women so much TV time thinking that because they are good for ratings that they are good for TNA that it detracts from what actually sells PPV's - the men and the wrestling. That's a whole other story though.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts

LOL!!!!!
Just to clarify, I remember your dumb ass from another thread, you the dumb ass said the knockout division as a whole draws ratings, I on the other hand said and proved that only a few female wrestlers draw ratings mainly the beautiful people but also ODB and Daffney and mainly outside of the ring with promos and this is looking at long term ratings.
Guess what, the highest quarter hour featured the few I mentioned above and included a promo/not in ring action of the beautiful people.

How did those 2 inter-gender matches doin ratings,HHMMM, yes well below the average of a typical impact show.

LOL!!!!!! Haven't you learned your lesson to not challenge me on this subject?

LOL!!!!! Dumb ass.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Women's wrestling/sport doesn't draw, but sexy women in very little clothing do. So yes in that respect I do agree with you. :p They don't sell PPV's though which is TNA's problem. They give the women so much TV time thinking that because they are good for ratings that they are good for TNA that it detracts from what actually sells PPV's - the men and the wrestling. That's a whole other story though.
AMEN!!!
And that's why I advocate putting the best drawing females with men wrestlers as valets and getting rid of the rest of them and the division.

·
Registered
11,568 Posts
LOL, where is all the people that said the show was good ? The show was terrible . I gave my reasons. You guys try to justify everything.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts